Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready to buy but need assurance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Ready to buy but need assurance Reply with quote

As of today March 8th is the Pa4x with its updated OS a working unit or do all these bugs/errors i have read (8 pages ) mean its not a solid machine?
should i wait to buy it?

Are those folks who own it happy with it ?
are there major flaws that should stop me from buying it tomorrow?

please be honest
thanks again

gl
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about problems others are having, but mine has had zero problems, and I have two good friends who bought the 4x and they have had no problems.
We all either play with styles and/or midi files. One of my friends uses quite a few CDG files as well. The other controls it via a midi accordion. Neither is having problems.
I use mine five nights a week, four hours a night and I love it.
DonM
thomasteele

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi after looking closely at pa4x..
I would lie Paulo to say why the user sounds to create your own or sample sounds- are still the same as the pa3x ie user1,2,3,4 and dk why not say a user 5 and 6 on the new pa4x perhaps a later upgrade..
As in the Ram ..Please can we have a sample compression upgrade why only 400 mb to the pa3 512mb..
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take the plunge and get the Pa4x, sure there have been some issues along the way not to mention some frustrations. Bear in mind that Korg have been addressing these issues as we go which for some is not going fast enough and for my own part getting the negatives right out of the way the two issues remaining for me are the Non Arrival of the Songbook Editor and that the Aftertouch does not work in Sound Mode.

I am sure that Korg have these listed for imminent attention or at least that is my hope. The main thing to bear in mind is that the Pa4x is such a great instrument with so many possibilities not to mention stella sounds. I think that now is a good time to join the Pa4x camp and get music making, I am sure you will love it !
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Should I? Reply with quote

I have owned one from Jan this Year and I also own Tyros. I would say without hesitation that its the one to go for. Overall It is head and shoulders above the competition. I must be honest, I seriously do NOT like the razor sharp keys on the front corners of the keys and Ive had to take steps to alleviate that problem. Korg really need to address this problem so I hope they get to see this. Not many people have bought this keyboard yet so in time more will comment on this, although some have already done so in this forum.

If you want to make a comparison, play a Yahama Tyros and you'll see the marked difference in the smoothness. Having said all that you'd have to fight me to get it off me, I love it!
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally the sharpness of the keys has not been a issue for me, I am aware that in certain hand positions you are aware that the keys seem to exibit a sort of courseness but once your aware it is easy to work around it.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mabcomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Sharp Keys Reply with quote

I disagree and that not an acceptable answer you should not have to work around it. There is no justifiable excuse for it and it is a bad problem. Korg need to fix it.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is subjective then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: