Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDD 3000 Noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiddlerguy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: SDD 3000 Noise Reply with quote

I recently bought a SDD 3000. I'm very pleased with the features I've used so far. It's going to take me some time to understand all this pedal can do. One problem that is puzzling my is it adds a lot of noise to my signal chain. I've tried changing cables, moving it's position in the chain and even using it alone. Is this common? Should I have all this extra noise? My go to cable is mogami, so I'm not using cheap cables. I just don't understand where the noise is coming from.
Thanks for reading!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of input is the SDD 3000 going into, and what are the settings for the input and output attenuator switches and the effects selected when the noise is an issue?

fiddlerguy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I've run the signal without itand still gotten the hum I am using a Boss Looper pedal, after the SDD 3000 then to a Soundcraft MFXi 12 board and that feeds a Bose L1 model 1S.
Just checking the Input and output attenuation I found I had not set the input to the lowest setting, but did have it on the middle +16db with the input knob set at 2 the output was set to the lowest setting. That could account for some noise, but I don't think all of it.
When I ran it Instrument, to SDD 300, to Soundcraft mixer to Bose I still have a hum. It is significantly reduced, but it's definitely still there.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hum is the main component remaining of the noise that can be heard, there are several possible sources. If you think the SDD 3000 is contributing to that hum, moving it (and the other effects units) away from mains power cables, and from other units with transformers in them might reveal the cause.

It's also worth checking the jack sockets are in good condition, and all their ground connections are secure.

If the hum is still there, the mains power supply for the SDD 3000 might be a source of hum. Feeding the SDD 3000 from a smooth 9V supply e.g. from a 9V battery might tell you something. (If you try this, take care because the centre pin of the plug that goes into the SDD 3000 is negative, whilst many, if not most electrical goods use centre pin positive. A PP3 battery probably won't be man enough to power the unit. A PP9 would be more suitable).

fiddlerguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I've been thinking about getting a pedal board power supply with isolated outputs. I will check all the grounds.
Thanks for your help.
jfsolnet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

I'm having noise issues at only the +4db output attenuator settings no matter what cables or amp I'm using. I'm using a 1700ma 9v one spot power supply. It seems to resolve at -10 and -20db... Is this normal? Should I try a different power supply?

Thanks,
Jeff
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of source is being used, and what is the noise being heard? Is it hiss, hum, or buzz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: