Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilouge System Update 1.11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Minilouge System Update 1.11 Reply with quote

Just letting people know that Korg has been releasing some system updates this past week. The latest updates actually help tighten up that "click" sound you hear on the attack of each note.

You can find the current one on this page:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/544/
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
dtard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a major issue with this OS already.

I've got a patch with a bell-like sound, and release is set to maximum. When playing notes continuously and individually, the minilogue will randomly begin stealing the most recent voice triggered to play the new one, causing abrupt stops to notes. This will happen for 4 to 8 notes in a row (to the point where there is pretty much only one voice being used IN POLY MODE), and then it will go back to triggering the notes normally.

When i was back on OS 1.04, I never had this issue. Either the oldest voice would be stolen to make room for the newly triggered note, or the oldest voice was no longer in use at the time of triggering the new note.

I'm 100% sure it's a new issue. I'm running the same sequence at the same tempo on the same patch, and this wasn't happening before. It's making this patch, and the song I wrote, unplayable.
Straycatsgp

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Minilogue dead after 1.11 update Reply with quote

I just got my brand-new Minilogue and first thing I did was to update the firmware to 1.11
But now, no sound is coming out of the output nor from the headphones.

I can see the oscilloscope responding, but no sound at all.

How can I fix this?

I waited 4 months to get delivery (I live in Singapore, and Korg does not consider this market a priority) so I don't know what to do now
Straycatsgp

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Minilogue dead after 1.11 update Reply with quote

Straycatsgp wrote:
I just got my brand-new Minilogue and first thing I did was to update the firmware to 1.11
But now, no sound is coming out of the output nor from the headphones.

I can see the oscilloscope responding, but no sound at all.

How can I fix this?

I waited 4 months to get delivery (I live in Singapore, and Korg does not consider this market a priority) so I don't know what to do now

For some reason, the problem disappeared. No clue how the sound suddenly came back, both through headphones and output.

All I did was restart it a few times, so you can ignore my post
Cenobite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new update 1.21 .
Rob Jefferys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.21. is the system updater
soulgolem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtard wrote:
I'm having a major issue with this OS already.

I've got a patch with a bell-like sound, and release is set to maximum. When playing notes continuously and individually, the minilogue will randomly begin stealing the most recent voice triggered to play the new one, causing abrupt stops to notes. This will happen for 4 to 8 notes in a row (to the point where there is pretty much only one voice being used IN POLY MODE), and then it will go back to triggering the notes normally.

When i was back on OS 1.04, I never had this issue. Either the oldest voice would be stolen to make room for the newly triggered note, or the oldest voice was no longer in use at the time of triggering the new note.

I'm 100% sure it's a new issue. I'm running the same sequence at the same tempo on the same patch, and this wasn't happening before. It's making this patch, and the song I wrote, unplayable.

this is happening to me with 1.21, is this normal ? can anyone try this ?
this guy has this problem recorded : https://clyp.it/xvr5ymwz#
doesn't fault in arp mode.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I usually wait to update firmware with Korg synths...I hope they resolve these issues asap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: