Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software to open SNG files to view song directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshi88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Software to open SNG files to view song directory Reply with quote

I have a large list of SNG and MID files saved on multiple CF and USB cards.

Countless times I have searched through my all cards looking for a file in either formats. Although the TX saves files by date, the arrangement of these files is not always displayed by date or type..... making it difficult to easily locate file I am looking for.

Rather than slowly search through each SNG file, cue list or midi file on the TX .... I want software that will read , display and print file contents on a PC for reference. Yes it would be good to hear those projects too.

What would you recommend?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only need the file names, use something like Total Commander on a PC, or use a CMD window and type something like

dir > out.txt

Than append this text to a file and do the same with the next SD card/stick.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

However, *SNG files or folders are composed of numerous sequences as they are saved under one folder name, yet may contain up to 200 separate files/songs.

The real problem is how to open SNG folder to read the file directory within the SNG folder when the card is in a remote device?

michelkeijzers wrote:
If you only need the file names, use something like Total Commander on a PC, or use a CMD window and type something like

dir > out.txt

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoshi88 wrote:
Thank you!

However, *SNG files or folders are composed of numerous sequences as they are saved under one folder name, yet may contain up to 200 separate files/songs.

The real problem is how to open SNG folder to read the file directory within the SNG folder when the card is in a remote device?

michelkeijzers wrote:

dir > out.txt

Ah ok, so you need more input inside the SNG files. I'm afraid I don't know an app for that. PCG Tools can read the song and sample names of some song files, but I don't think the Triton Extreme is supported regarding songs.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, I just checked and PCG Tools supports SNG files for Korg Triton Extreme.

I opened two files, and you can see the names of the songs inside the SNG file. There is no way to export it, but at least it should help you to easily find out the files.

note: you can open as many SNG files simultaneously as you want, just select them all, open them, and a window per SNG file will be opened.

Hope this helps.

yoshi88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

That works

All I need to do now is to print the screen shots.

And keep my song listings in the folder to not exceed the screen display so that all song titles per fold can be viewed.

IT would be good to have a copy/print function in 2.7.4 for people like me who have a large directory within a single folder.

THank you for your help.

Much appreciated!

michelkeijzers wrote:
Good news, I just checked and PCG Tools supports SNG files for Korg Triton Extreme.

I opened two files, and you can see the names of the songs inside the SNG file. There is no way to export it, but at least it should help you to easily find out the files.

note: you can open as many SNG files simultaneously as you want, just select them all, open them, and a window per SNG file will be opened.

Hope this helps.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good idea ... however I don't do much effort for SNG files anymore, since it is a bit out of scope of PCG Tools, but I will check if I can easily make a button to make some text report or easier way to copy it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: