Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3XLE S.O.S. -- UNRESPONSIVE AFTER BOOT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: PA3XLE S.O.S. -- UNRESPONSIVE AFTER BOOT Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum, I dropped a post on the welcome page to introduce myself a few minutes ago Smile I am sorry to bother you with this, but I am running out of ideas.

When I power up my PA3XLE, after a few seconds the system "hangs". It is a weird situation: the leds are powered correctly, some of them even blink as they should; chords are displayed correctly on the display and the keyboard plays. Volume knobs do not work in this state; the keyboard refuses to cooperate for a random time. Sometimes even after 30 minutes the instrument is still unresponsive. The only button that works is the power button; when I press it the screen dims and it seems like that all the commands I gave during the freeze phase are now performed (for a brief moment before the instrument turns off).

I've tried a software update but it did not work. I've got almost anything to load at startup except for the factory sounds/styles.

Did anybody of you experience the same issues? Any help you could give? IF I'm the only one with this problem, I think I will go for RMA.

Thanks in advance for your patience Smile
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try with the factory restore (os_res) package and not the update one!
You can download it from here :
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/366/2453/
Syrius00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your quick and kind answer. Unfortunately, recovery mode seems not to be working properly. It hangs in the touch screen calibration phase (so just after the loading screen); no matter where/how hard I press the cross to calibrate the input.

Do you know any way to hard-reset it? Do any of you ever had this kind of issues?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you screen is not responding is most likely hardware malfunctions.
Did you try contact Korg support team, they may help you troubleshoot.
I had issue with my Pa600, got stuck on boot, but I was lucky was under warranty and they replace for new CPU board.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I , for some reason replied as it was a pa800 ,the following info do not apply to pa3xle .Sorry for the confusion!
Try pressing exit on callibration. I am not sure if it will pass when on upgrade mode but it passes on test mode...
It seems like a hardware problem most probably on CPU board. boot it again and also check if it shows ram available or it says 0 seconds and 0 bytes available..

Last edited by musiccankill on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syrius00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers, I really mean it.

I'll try to press exit as soon as the calibration window shows. If it won't work then I'll go for the RMA.

I only hope that the repair won't take too long Smile
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for some reason i thought we were talking about pa800 before, don't take my previous post into account..!Sorry for that!
Now that i reread and have in mind that we are talking about 3xle, i would like to know the following!
1)By pressing intro 1 +power on does it boot into update mode?If yes, can you do the callibration?If no remove the usb stick and try again and if it succeed ,use another usb stick , not all usb's are compatible!If yes , do you see the usb stick?If you can't then the answer is the same, try with another or without stick!
2)Can you go into test mode?Test mode is being read from the main application that seems to have crashed so it should not work either...
Just in case, remove the sd card if you have one installed!
It is too difficult for the system to crash like that..I tried to crash it too many times but failed on all of them..Even cutting the power during updating didn't made it unusable!!
If you manage to go into update and do the factory restore i am almost sure that it will work...
There may be other ways to restore but only Paolo@Korg may be able to help...I am sure these information should go public though..!
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Pa3XLe last week hoping that will last long time. A system hang up issue is very difficult to address if a error message is not displayed. One problem on today technology is the endurance of memory flash devices because there is a limit of write cycles before the device starts to fail (normally 100.000 erase/write cycles per sector).
To avoid issues related to memory bad sectors the OS firmware should check the integrity of the flash memory and rotate/move the data to a new sector in the case of a sector write issue caused by the write cycles limit. Manufacturers of flash memory devices recommends to do that but unfortunately a lot of brands don´t follow this procedure on firmware development, maybe to accelerate product delivery times ???
Latest products of Korg use for the PCM samples storage and OS firmware flash memory devices which brings the possibility to update the system with new sounds and firmware releases. For example the Kross and Krome use flash devices for PCM samples storage and I suppose that the Pa3XLe follows such change (no more previous mask ROM chips). Because flash devices are also used for the OS firmware (the running program) and for user data settings and resources packs if something goes wrong the system hangs up. I have here a Kross for repair that don´t turn on with only 14 months of use. The owner was able to update the firmware expecting that the procedure will resolve all issues but it lasted one week and RIP.

It would be nice to know if the firmware check the flash memory integrity rotating/moving the data to a new sector when it goes corrupt or reach the limit of erase/write cycles.

I find on youtube a user video exposing the system freeze issue on Pa3X

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: