Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 ch mix to media / wav file query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
learn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: 2 ch mix to media / wav file query Reply with quote

Hi
I have used the extreme's 2 ch mix to media function to mix down a song to a wav file. I created the wav file okay on my CF card (pre formatted on the extreme) but when I played it back only about 1/3 of the song had been converted. I am using a 16GB CF card. Any suggestions please?
learn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update
I Am using sans disk 60 mbs, but will try a 8 gb cf card version i have and see if that works.
learn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, 8gb doesn't work...only writes 159 of a 235 measure song Sad
Any suggestions please?
learn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, 8gb doesn't work...only writes 159 of a 235 measure song Sad
Any suggestions please?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the wave file itself is incomplete.
Triton extreme has limited sampling compared to the kronos but that shouldn't affect the song data in sequencer to media mode.
I bet you checked the media for haow much memory is available, and i bet you have tried a brand new unused media freshly formatted on the triton.
A single song would be measured in kilobytes. Kronos has 8 full flare demo songs from the factory to demnstrate the full range of the kronos and that should be near the high end of memory per major song.
Kronos has 8 of demo somgs that use sequencer and audio tracks and they only use up 1 megabyte total file space.
So your one song is not an issue of capacity on the CF. It could be the capacity of your wave file packet or a formatting glitch.
Formating on the kronos actually has 2 kinds of FAT formats. One is a quick format and the other is a full format that takes quite a while to complete. A full format is recommended if the triton doesn't have a one and only option.
Not sure what the details are on the triton for setting up a wave file conversion. But maybe there is something more to the conversion if not a glitch in the system on an old device.
CF is not the only option. I stopped using CF and switched to USB stick when i had the triton extreme. Because its more compatible with other devices.

Try using a new USB memory stick, instead of CF. There may be a glitch or dirt in your CF slot. If The USB slot does the same thing, then you may consider looking at an internal glitch or something you are missing in the process of making the wave file. Is there a limit to the size of wave files you can make on the Triton and is there a way to check the wave file capacity.?
Formatting glitch?
Dirty CF slot/pins?
Internal glitch?
Wave file packeting issues or limits?
Tried using the USB port with a USB drive?

Just some suggestions. I Would try the USB stick first and work down the list of suggestions from there.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stereo wave file of the TEX format (48KHz, 16 bit) is roughly 11MB per minute. I don't know your song tempo but it's definitely a lot more than a few KB. 19naia is thinking of saving as an SNG or SMF file, which only saves note data and program information, not audio.

I don't actually know how the TEX does this but there's a chance it uses sampling RAM as a buffer. Have you tried increasing the tempo of your song and seeing if you get more measures in the WAV file?
learn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't actually know how the TEX does this but there's a chance it uses sampling RAM as a buffer."

Thanks - 19naia also suggested RAM as the possible issue. I investigated but am already maxed out to 96mb so that wasnt it.

It looks like I just need to use a fully formatted USB stick as opposed to cf card..have ordered one so we shall see..
learn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved..I specified media on the drop down in the sampling tab on the sequencer mode, set the sampling time to 10 minutes (using a fully formatted fat32 cf card) and it fully recorded the track.still doesn't recognise the formatted sub stick as destination directory but I can copy from cf card. Thanks guys for your help.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to be clear, what exactly did you do differently than before?
learn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically in sequence mode under the sampling tab's 'sampling set up' section, I chose 'media' not 'RAM' as the 'save to' option and increased the sample time.I had not done this before.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the limit on the sample RAM was indeed the problem.

I'm still confused by your original post saying that you created the file on your CF card ok.
learn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 1/3 was created.Apols for any confusion. thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: