Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buttons issue: Korg Triton LE 61 keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindcrime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: buttons issue: Korg Triton LE 61 keys Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have some issues with the buttons of my Korg Triton LE 61 keys. The plastic panel button assembly needs to be replaced, because some of the buttons do not work. Unfortunately I couldn't find this panel anywhere. Can you please tell me where this part could be ordered from? The item was available at https://syntaur.com/Items/4809.html, but it is out of stock, and I assume this panel might have been discontinued by the manufacturer? In case this button assembly is not available can you recommend what can be done in order to make the buttons work again?

I will really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

Cheers
96th_Malice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there

I have the same issue on my 61le

Unfortunately Korg no longer manufactures that part ...... I assume the buttons still work BUT the plastic insert underneath feels broken correct ?

I purchased a 2nd hand triton le 76 last month with the intent of scrapping it for parts BUT just getting at the parts to switch is a lot ( ALOT ) of work

I've seen this part show up on eBay a couple times ..... Usually selling for like 80+ dollars. This is insane as the factory part from Korg was only around 25 bucks

Then you still need to replace the part .... There are a couple decent tutorials on " how to " out there ...... I just don't have the desire to risk the repair. Sorry I have no links for you as I'm not at home.

Now if your buttons don't seem like they are broken BUT the button is dead, you just need to have the tactile switches replaced ..... These parts are still available by the 1000s BUT the repair is just as tedious and now you need to solder as well. Nope ..... Not for me lol

Good luck with your repair ..... In my opinion now it's not worth doing.

As of today .... I've decided to sell both Le's .... Possibly my Krome and very possibly my OASYS and just getting a Kronos to replace them all.
Mindcrime

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

96th_Malice wrote:
Hey there

I have the same issue on my 61le

Unfortunately Korg no longer manufactures that part ...... I assume the buttons still work BUT the plastic insert underneath feels broken correct ?

I purchased a 2nd hand triton le 76 last month with the intent of scrapping it for parts BUT just getting at the parts to switch is a lot ( ALOT ) of work

I've seen this part show up on eBay a couple times ..... Usually selling for like 80+ dollars. This is insane as the factory part from Korg was only around 25 bucks

Then you still need to replace the part .... There are a couple decent tutorials on " how to " out there ...... I just don't have the desire to risk the repair. Sorry I have no links for you as I'm not at home.

Now if your buttons don't seem like they are broken BUT the button is dead, you just need to have the tactile switches replaced ..... These parts are still available by the 1000s BUT the repair is just as tedious and now you need to solder as well. Nope ..... Not for me lol

Good luck with your repair ..... In my opinion now it's not worth doing.

As of today .... I've decided to sell both Le's .... Possibly my Krome and very possibly my OASYS and just getting a Kronos to replace them all.

Hi and thanks for the response!

The buttons do work, but you need to be really patient with them. I managed to do some DIY, but there is no guarantee that this will last for good. 80+ dollars for that part is just insane... Like yourself, I will put the keyboard up for sale.

Really appreciate your input.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: