Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any new korg arrenger coming??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reinstall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: any new korg arrenger coming?? Reply with quote

any new Pa arranger coming? like Pa900 price range...
advid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: reply... Reply with quote

..hope so.....

..I'd like a Havian/PA900 combo....
Reidoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

advid wrote:
..hope so.....

So would I....or at least a Pa600 - Havian!
I can't understand why none of the big 3 would just launch an 88 TOTL arranger and see what happens. I am sure many would buy it.

Why do synths come in 61 / 76 / 88 versions and the max you can get from arrangers is 76 semi-weighted?
Who decided arranger players are not pianists?
alina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

advid wrote:
..hope so.....

Yes. Or a Pa4X (LE) 88! Smile
Reidoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

I am afraid that unfortunately LE and 88 is a contradiction. The LE would be lighter in features and weight. Adding 88 weighted would be more suited for a PA4X +88 or something Smile)))

I pray for at least a PA988 :p
alina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

I am afraid that unfortunately LE and 88 is a contradiction. The LE would be lighter in features and weight. Adding 88 weighted would be more suited for a PA4X +88 or something Smile)))

What I was refering to:
If Korg don't make a Pa4x-88, then, at least a 88-note pa4x LE, like the 76-note pa3x LE.
Or they may call it Havian something, or Pa988... but, of course, i'd like a Pa4x-88, or at least a Pa988.
Reidoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

What I was refering to:
If Korg don't make a Pa4x-88, then, at least a 88-note pa4x LE, like the 76-note pa3x LE.

Or they may call it Havian something, or Pa988... but, of course, i'd like a Pa4x-88, or at least a Pa988.

Ok, i understand what you ment by LE 88 in this case.
It seems many people would desire 88 note (top) arrangers and i bet many more just don't comment about it...

So...why don't they make'em?
Why do only synths come in 61 73/76 or 88 and arrangers don't?
Who assumes arranger players don't play piano and only use one finger chords with styles?

I am seriously thinking of swapping my pa3xLe for a pa900 and turn it into a module...than pairing it up with a 88 controller :p

Alina, just curious, do you play piano and also arrangers? Why do you need 88?
alina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

What I was refering to:

It seems many people would desire 88 note (top) arrangers and i bet many more just don't comment about it...

Who assumes arranger players don't play piano and only use one finger chords with styles?

I am seriously thinking of swapping my pa3xLe for a pa900 and turn it into a module...than pairing it up with a 88 controller :p

Quote:

I was thinking of this too, to buy a controller, but then I would have 2 keyboards, which, for me is not a problem, but having all in one would be great, and also more portable and easier to transport.

Quote:

I had one time an acoustic piano. It was not mine, it was rented. I was just learning then to play piano.

About 2 years ago, I was thinking of buying the Pa588, but found out it was discontinued. Then the pa600 doesn't have semi-weighted keys. The Pa3X LE was not released at that time, and the Pa3X was too expensive for me, so I went for the Pa900 for the semi-weighted keys.

To answer your question, yes, I play piano, and many times it seems that 61 keys are not enough for me.

I was thinking of the Havian, but it doesn't have the pads, and other things which the Pa900 has. Maybe I will buy the Pa4X-76 some day.
Reidoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

What I was refering to:

Quote:

I was thinking of this too, to buy a controller, but then I would have 2 keyboards, which, for me is not a problem, but having all in one would be great, and also more portable and easier to transport.

Quote:

I had one time an acoustic piano. It was not mine, it was rented. I was just learning then to play piano.

About 2 years ago, I was thinking of buying the Pa588, but found out it was discontinued. Then the pa600 doesn't have semi-weighted keys. The Pa3X LE was not released at that time, and the Pa3X was too expensive for me, so I went for the Pa900 for the semi-weighted keys.

To answer your question, yes, I play piano, and many times it seems that 61 keys are not enough for me.

I was thinking of the Havian, but it doesn't have the pads, and other things which the Pa900 has. Maybe I will buy the Pa4X-76 some day.

The Pa588 apparently was a good keyboard. I don't know where are you from but i have seen one for sale 2 month ago.

The Havian is nice, only once you played the Pa900 it will seem preety weak. I don't care that much for pads but the overall sound is inferior...plus no audio output, for gigging, that is bad!

The Pa900 has nice keys, but the difference between Pa3xLe - semiweighted and Pa900 - semiweighted is HUGE!

I can get by on some piano with the Pa3x Le and play some pop, balades, jazz etc. but when it comes to clasical music it just won't cut it.

I truly hope that the summer NAMM 2016 will bring some 88 arrangers from KORG. (I don't care for other brans cause once you get used to the touch screen there's no going back :p )

You are right...2 keyboards is hard to carry...but controller + module, not so much!
alina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

What I was refering to:

Quote:

Quote:

The Pa588 apparently was a good keyboard. I don't know where are you from but i have seen one for sale 2 month ago.

The Havian is nice, only once you played the Pa900 it will seem preety weak. I don't care that much for pads but the overall sound is inferior...plus no audio output, for gigging, that is bad!

The Pa900 has nice keys, but the difference between Pa3xLe - semiweighted and Pa900 - semiweighted is HUGE!

I can get by on some piano with the Pa3x Le and play some pop, balades, jazz etc. but when it comes to clasical music it just won't cut it.

I truly hope that the summer NAMM 2016 will bring some 88 arrangers from KORG. (I don't care for other brans cause once you get used to the touch screen there's no going back :p )

You are right...2 keyboards is hard to carry...but controller + module, not so much!

Quote:

+1!
I also care more for the sound quality than for the pads, because the sound is the most important. that is also one of the reasons why I didn't want to buy the Havian.
Quote:
(I don't care for other brans cause once you get used to the touch screen there's no going back :p )

Now, I have not yet seen the Havian, but I've found something in the manual, page 39, that would have been useful for me.

Quote:
Using the display navigation aids
If you are blind or visually impaired, you can explore and use the Select windows with your fingers, thanks to the reference marks around the display. We suggest you to leave the Display Hold parameter on.
Choosing the type
The upper row of dots corresponds to the type of elements (Factory, User, etc…).
Choosing the group
The dots on the sides correspond to the groups of elements (for example, the family of instruments or the musical genre).
Choosing the page
The dots in the lower row correspond to the pages inside the selected group.
Sometimes, there are more than six pages, and you can scroll them by using the left and right arrows, corresponding to the two rightmost lower dots.
Choosing the element
When you are in the desired page, you can choose the element with the help of the grid created intersecting the lines coming from the small linear marks around the display.

But, i've done this myself on my Pa900, with some kind of stickers, which I put on the frame around the display, and not knowing (or thinking) that Korg would ever do this on their keyboards! This was 2 years ago, the Havian was released last year.

Now, I use this not only for selecting styles, pads, performances or sounds. I can also select keyboard and accompaniment parts, and change their sounds and set the volumes with the dial, and assign pads for the Pad buttons. I can select the STS, Volume, Pad, Split etc. tabs on the bottom. I don't use the Split tab, though. If I want to change the split point, I only have to long press the Split button and play a note on the keyboard. I use some of the shortcuts (Shift + another button) as well.

Unfortunately, I can't use the advanced features of this great instrument! Sad Neither can I load styles myself, I need a sighted person for this.

So, I like it that way, and there's no going back from the touchscreen for me either.

I could write more on this, but it's enough for now, and I hope I'm not boring you with my long story. Smile

As for the module, if Korg would release one, I'll buy one, and a controller.

Sorry again for the long post.
Reidoo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: reply... Reply with quote

alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
Reidoo wrote:
alina wrote:
advid wrote:
..hope so.....

What I was refering to:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

+1!
I also care more for the sound quality than for the pads, because the sound is the most important. that is also one of the reasons why I didn't want to buy the Havian.
Quote:
(I don't care for other brans cause once you get used to the touch screen there's no going back :p )

Now, I have not yet seen the Havian, but I've found something in the manual, page 39, that would have been useful for me.

Quote:
Using the display navigation aids
If you are blind or visually impaired, you can explore and use the Select windows with your fingers, thanks to the reference marks around the display. We suggest you to leave the Display Hold parameter on.
Choosing the type
The upper row of dots corresponds to the type of elements (Factory, User, etc…).
Choosing the group
The dots on the sides correspond to the groups of elements (for example, the family of instruments or the musical genre).
Choosing the page
The dots in the lower row correspond to the pages inside the selected group.
Sometimes, there are more than six pages, and you can scroll them by using the left and right arrows, corresponding to the two rightmost lower dots.
Choosing the element
When you are in the desired page, you can choose the element with the help of the grid created intersecting the lines coming from the small linear marks around the display.

But, i've done this myself on my Pa900, with some kind of stickers, which I put on the frame around the display, and not knowing (or thinking) that Korg would ever do this on their keyboards! This was 2 years ago, the Havian was released last year.

Now, I use this not only for selecting styles, pads, performances or sounds. I can also select keyboard and accompaniment parts, and change their sounds and set the volumes with the dial, and assign pads for the Pad buttons. I can select the STS, Volume, Pad, Split etc. tabs on the bottom. I don't use the Split tab, though. If I want to change the split point, I only have to long press the Split button and play a note on the keyboard. I use some of the shortcuts (Shift + another button) as well.

Unfortunately, I can't use the advanced features of this great instrument! Sad Neither can I load styles myself, I need a sighted person for this.

So, I like it that way, and there's no going back from the touchscreen for me either.

I could write more on this, but it's enough for now, and I hope I'm not boring you with my long story. Smile

As for the module, if Korg would release one, I'll buy one, and a controller.

Sorry again for the long post.

Please do not apologise for "the long post", that is what this forum is for Smile
I did not know you are visually impared, i am rather new to this forum.
I was thinking that especially in this case a module would help you a lot!
I doubt KORG will release an arranger module, but I am thinking to make one for myself, from an PA900
Someone from this forum has done it!!!

P.S. Alina, please check your P.M.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Pa900 and other are very friendly with Midi Controllers keyboards, all you missing on board Pa900 can be add on via Controllers.
My Pa600 has no Aftertouch, so I'm using Akai Professional MPK49 with excellent Key (semi weighted) when I play sounds like DNC. Wink
Here is some video I recorded using MPK49 on Upper3, no need to swap sounds on Korg. Laughing

Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Reidoo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Korg Pa900 and other are very friendly with Midi Controllers keyboards, all you missing on board Pa900 can be add on via Controllers.
My Pa600 has no Aftertouch, so I'm using Akai Professional MPK49 with excellent Key (semi weighted) when I play sounds like DNC. Wink
Here is some video I recorded using MPK49 on Upper3, no need to swap sounds on Korg. Laughing

Nemik, nice video!
The pa600 sounds very good!
I am wondering if the same style + sounds would sound any different/better on the Pa900/Pa3x Le...but i am inclining to think...NOT.
Also, could you trigger the chord changes from your controller if you wanted to, and play everything on the same keybed?

I remember, when having the Yamaha P95 (digital piano) + Roland GW8 middied toghether there was no way i could change chords from the 88 keyboard, or just I didn't know how to :z

Would it work on Korg PA + controller or digital piano?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can change chord from any midi controller, even from Launchpad. Wink
if you set midi in channel for Global is playing as clone, means even split point is working.
Is all about sync correctly channels, midi is kinda my hobby, I know a lot about, this is why I am surrounded by midi devices.
I have FCB1010 midi foot controller , help me control fills, change var while I'm playing and few midi controllers connected via Motu Midi Express 8x8, 8 in and 8 out midi, in simple words all my keyboards are connected together in one network, of course with special configuration, but when is done is kinda cool.
Not long ago I did project make my Launchpad connected to Korg showing Chords while I'm playing. Laughing
check this out:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94408
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
alina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: arranger module Reply with quote

Quote:
I doubt KORG will release an arranger module, but I am thinking to make one for myself, from an PA900
Someone from this forum has done it!!!

Yes, I believe I read about this on the forum, the only problem is, I don't know how to do it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: