Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any new korg arrenger coming??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: arranger module Reply with quote

alina wrote:
Quote:
I doubt KORG will release an arranger module, but I am thinking to make one for myself, from an PA900
Someone from this forum has done it!!!

Yes, I believe I read about this on the forum, the only problem is, I don't know how to do it. Smile

Tell me what you want , I will guide you how to sync Midi Controller with Pa900.
I done with Pa600 already. I can take over almost everything via Controller.
Only start/Stop Pads is not possible (wish I can), but you can control effects in really time, which is not possible on Pa900.
Just remember some Midi Controllers are cheap and not recommended, but is plenty excellent ones, which give you fun to work with. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Reidoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
I can change chord from any midi controller, even from Launchpad.

Would it go for any digital piano? (Roland FP50, Kawai ES8 etc.)
Or the Roland Juno DS88 synth?

Nemik wrote:
Is all about sync correctly channels, midi is kinda my hobby, I know a lot about,

I know nothing of MIDI.....I wonder if not beeing able to control chords my Roland GW8 with the Yamaha P95 DP is my lack of knowledge or it just wasn't possible!

Trying not to turn this post into MIDI Connecting discussion, if KORG won't release a module soon i'm going with 2 boards, arranger on top and 88 controller or digital piano on the bottom

Another question Nemik, is there any way that you could control another keyboard if your main board has only USB/MIDI? I am narrowing my search only to pianos that have MIDI IN/OUT because I think there is no way to use the USB/MIDI to control another keyboard, only computer VST.

Thank you!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reidoo wrote:

You can do with any, which has Midi Out.
You just need to set same Midi In channel on Korg to Global as out Midi channel Controller.
Reidoo wrote:
I know nothing of MIDI.....I wonder if not beeing able to control chords my Roland GW8 with the Yamaha P95 DP is my lack of knowledge or it just wasn't possible!

Is possible, according to manuals you need set on GW-8 in Setting "System Midi" midi channel for Lower Rx same as midi out on P95 DP (While holding down the [DEMO/SONG] and [METRONOME] buttons, press one of the C1–E2 keys.) C1 - Ch1, C2# - Ch2, D2 - Ch3, etc, E2-All CH.
Reidoo wrote:
Another question Nemik, is there any way that you could control another keyboard if your main board has only USB/MIDI? I am narrowing my search only to pianos that have MIDI IN/OUT because I think there is no way to use the USB/MIDI to control another keyboard, only computer VST.

Is always the way, but using USB you need USB drivers and use computer as a gate/router, which is not best way.
Launchpad has only USB Laughing
With MIDI IN/OUT you need only cables. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Reidoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Reidoo wrote:

You just need to set same Midi In channel on Korg to Global as out Midi channel Controller.
Reidoo wrote:

Is possible, according to manuals you need set on GW-8 in Setting "System Midi" midi channel for Lower Rx same as midi out on P95 DP (While holding down the [DEMO/SONG] and [METRONOME] buttons, press one of the C1–E2 keys.) C1 - Ch1, C2# - Ch2, D2 - Ch3, etc, E2-All CH.
Reidoo wrote:

Is always the way, but using USB you need USB drivers and use computer as a gate/router, which is not best way.

Thank you for such a detailed answer. You really know your stuff! I wish i would have known about this forum when i had the Gw8-P95 combo.

Any thoughts on Pa900 / Pa600 ? Do they "sound" the same out of the box... or is it more than extra Ram, mp3 record and Mic In that Pa900 has over the Pa600?

Thank you again for your answer and taking time to look through the manuals.

It seems no usb/midi for me...to complicated.... just IN/OUT Smile
Reidoo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Reidoo wrote:

Reidoo wrote:

Reidoo wrote:

Thank you for such a detailed answer. You really know your stuff! I wish i would have known about this forum when i had the Gw8-P95 combo.

Any thoughts on Pa900 / Pa600 ? Do they "sound" the same out of the box... or is it more than extra Ram, mp3 record and Mic In that Pa900 has over the Pa600?

Thank you again for your answer and taking time to look through the manuals.

It seems no usb/midi for me...to complicated.... just IN/OUT Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: