Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme won't boot up, just a flashing screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zantigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme won't boot up, just a flashing screen Reply with quote

While setting up for a gig this past weekend (of course), my Triton Extreme failed to boot up. It had worked perfectly at home an hour before. What I got was only the blank screen flashing from white to blue to white to blue every one or two seconds.

Later, at home, I

1) replaced the clock battery to start with, even though I never had gotten a message about that.

2) reloaded the operating system (downloaded from Korg). This is interesting, as the operating system loaded with the expected messages displayed and the screen stayed white while doing that, but then, afterward, it went back to its blank flashing. Also, the Enter and Locate buttons were responsive since I needed those to reload the OS.

I opened it up, hoping to find the dead spider inside, cat hair, something loose, unplugged or fried-looking, but everything was very clean and tight.

I’ve searched for this particular issue and can’t find anyone who had a similar problem!
Any ideas?
Thanks.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a reset (initialize).. this will wipeout any edits/custom sounds that you made.

1) Hold down ENTER + 0 while you power up the keyboard.

2) Re-install Triton Extreme's factory sounds (preload disk)

..... should that fail try installing the latest operating software, then repeat step 1 & 2.

welcome to the site, btw. *

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it, but unfortunately, there's no change. I held down Enter and 0 while turning the power on but I still got the flashing screens of nothing. The operating system v1.06 has been re-installed, but that hasn't solved it either. How frustrating. But thank you for the suggestion.
ErnstDabest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.. You may have a dead touchscreen try adjusting the contrast knob ?

(sometime its the simplest thing that we overlook)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a call from the repair shop and it’s not as bad as I had feared. The USB port had become damaged and was badly stressing the power supply. Whew. I had bought the board second hand two years ago and the USB port had always felt precarious; unplugging my little work light from it that morning before the gig must have been the final straw.
I just thought I’d close the loop on this in case someone else ever has this problem and goes searching for answers.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful to know. Thanks for sharing the update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: