Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Quality ????????????????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambro

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Recording Quality ???????????????? Reply with quote

It is my firm impression that the quality of the Pa4X is MUCH LESS than the recording quality of Pa3X. Yet in the recording of Pa4X the bass is always very present ....... And I use to record all my session at the maxximum quality level offered by the instrument. What you think about it ? And also, is it possible improve this "minus" in the future O.S. updating ?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Recording Quality ???????????????? Reply with quote

Ambro wrote:
It is my firm impression that the quality of the Pa4X is MUCH LESS than the recording quality of Pa3X. Yet in the recording of Pa4X the bass is always very present ....... And I use to record all my session at the maxximum quality level offered by the instrument. What you think about it ? And also, is it possible improve this "minus" in the future O.S. updating ?

Really? is it that bad? So if you were to listen to the recording of both instruments with the same exact settings, you'd be able to spot the PA3x recording?

mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from this observation are you saying that every recording made using the onboard MP3 recording is bass heavy ?

There can be many reasons why a mix is bass heavy but as we are only talking about MP3 recording here is the result merely not a representation of what you have recorded ?

I use the recording function on the Pa4x all the time but with any recording the mix needs to be right as does the accuracy of the monitor system being used to make such judgements and also taking into consideration the acoustics of the space where these judgements are made. I cannot say that I have any problems with mixes being bass heavy maybe you need to look at the mix process
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Ambro

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Sam - Yes, of course I would be able to recognize wich one of the two different keyboard

@ mintjamman - Probably you are right. I use my keyboard with the PaAS speaker connected and maybe the audio result is not so good. BUT I used the same speaker also with the Pa3X. Therefore I think that on board mp3 recording system of the Pa4X is not so good as the one of Pa3X.

Thank guys anyway for your replies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: