Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard freezing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Keyboard freezing Reply with quote

Since the last update my pa4x is now freezing alot always in style play mode, iv had the screen freezing on 3 occasions and also when a style is playing the chord has stuck on 4 previous occasions with the last chord I'm playing, this has happened tonight at band practice (embarrassing) i then have to power down each time to clear the problem, has any one else encountered this problem on a continuing basis? Or is this a know problem? Just to note here this pa4x was from the first batch to come to the UK......also to say iv reset to factory preset and reloaded the latest update but this doesn't remedy the problem....
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Two time Reply with quote

Yes last week playing for 1 1/2 hours and was looking at the song list and exit out ,went back the main windows and then it look good but all screen and button lock up like you ,had to power down and reboot then all was fine , this has happen Two time so far, and the first time i did the same as you ,load the OS again and reset and reload , and I am in the USA ...what batch I am , I do not know
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes very frustrating indeed, this keyboard is unstable to say the least I'm phoning the dealer tomorrow to see what can and should be done , my band members are loosing patient with me and the pa4x has not left off where the pa3x did, I'm now staring to wonder if some of the other problems I'm having and had are an attribute to a possible faulty instrument ...6 months in here trying to be patient & thinking the next update will sort out all the problems as keeps being echoed on this forum and the last conversation with my dealer ( who are very helpful ) is to hang in there ...... but if there are others having similar problems at least I'm not on my own.....very troubling I have to say..... from day one problems (!) I can not and would not perform live at this stage with this particular pa4x and at just under 3 grand in the UK not very good.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming both of you are contacting Korg support and reporting your freeze up problems?

How else will Korg know there is an issue? Posting here wont get any results.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
I am assuming both of you are contacting Korg support and reporting your freeze up problems?

. My understanding is the dealer I use has a close working relationship with korg in the UK and is passing any relevant information over to them, so you have assumed correctly on this occasion, as regards to posting on here "won't get any results"...Are you shore about that or are you assuming?? But thanks for the advice but you can be reassured I am taking care of matter's.
newkorgguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:

After so many months of writing and complaining about 4, after spending 100s thousand of dollars (all of us combined), didn't we already realize that this is unfinished alpha stage product - its only matter of admitting and accepting this fact.

This MAY change, but only MAY - time will tell , but for now id advise potential buyers not to spend money - yet.

This is my 2nd pa4 that i am returning in last 6-7 months and not even sure if im gonna get it again. Pa5 may come to stores near you well before they get Pa4 working.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

After so many months of writing and complaining about 4, after spending 100s thousand of dollars (all of us combined), didn't we already realize that this is unfinished alpha stage product - its only matter of admitting and accepting this fact.

This MAY change, but only MAY - time will tell , but for now id advise potential buyers not to spend money - yet.

This is my 2nd pa4 that i am returning in last 6-7 months and not even sure if im gonna get it again. Pa5 may come to stores near you well before they get Pa4 working.
. Yes I tend to agree there , I'm interested in your story would you mind giving some details to your experience would be much appreciated ....
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575,

If the freezing problem continues, I would definitely recommend putting a blanket or two over it. Cool
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
D575,

If the freezing problem continues, I would definitely recommend putting a blanket or two over it. Cool
thanks for the pun there you have helped lighten my mood......
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D575

Not intending to insult your intelligence here but have you performed a full factory reset?
A full reset plus leaving the "STYLE locks" unchanged will avoid the style selection lock issue (mentioned many times before in these forums)

However, it seems to me like you may have different freezing issues. Chord locking is NOT good! I am not sure that I have seen any other reports on this.
If you can reproduce these "freezes" easily, I would suggest you pay your retailer a visit with the PA4X under your arm.

I feel like you may have problems that are not OS bugs but related to your particular PA4X.

All the best

Pete Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pete , yes I'm starting to think this could be the case just sat here this morning and it's happened again, this time after using transpose on the main control panel mid flow in style play, I transposed up mid flow of playing, the right part of the keyboard in split mode went up but the left part did not transpose up but still with the style playing and locked in the last chord played with no reaction on the lower split of the keyboard just locked or frozen in the last action ( just to note this is intermittent but becoming more frequent) this is with out other types of screen freezing iv also had at times, from the beginning I have found this particular pa4x had problems moving from my preset using the tilled screen with the set list and moving between them holding a note down with with the same instruments in each preset which I described as a ghost note but which was remedied with the the update at that time but then this new problem appeared but knowing how fixing a software problem in one area can create more problems else where in the same software and rightly or wrongly thinking this could be the case but as I'm also informed may others who do not seam to be having this experience so I'm lost in the woods some what to what the actual cause could be, so yes Pete pa4x under the arm now and unfortunately a 4 hrs drive is required to may dealer as suggested.

Last edited by D575 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under current Pa4X OS , when loading older PaSeries STY files in Pa4X seems consequent that this might lead to OS functions disorder since
it's the first time that a Pa arranger has backwards STY compatibility while meantime essential functions are missing or malfunctioning !
Factory resources do not actually face problems but an older Pa style with extra indentified meta data of indivindual STS preferences like
velocity to fill or fill to var options might lead to OS crash !

My advice at present OS is after loading all your older Pa resources , save your All.SET of Pa4X and then reload this saved SET !
By this action only recognized STY data will be saved and probably this will reduce OS crashes !
Also at present time do not alter locking functions in Global menu and save only Global file (in a SET) after factory
restoring , this will help you in future troubleshooting !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly D575 seems to be long suffering with his Pa4x and if he has these many issues he has my sympathies. I would contact Korg UK and let them know that firstly you have these issues and that your not happy.

As Pete says if you can replicate the issues each time then you can prove the issues. For my own experience here I am using my Pa4x in a number of situations and as yet it has been rock solid apart from the know issues such as Aftertouch not being available until 1.2.0 a major irritant for me but thats now solved as is the Songbook issue. Having a reliable instrument on stage is vital and I am using the Pa4x to run midi files and Mp3s as well as putting demands on at as a Synth using Layers, Splits, Styles and as a Midi Master Keyboard connected to other Sound Modules. In all of this it has performed well and the Pa4x has so much potential. I have not got into sampling yet but will in time so all in all I am happy with my choice to buy the Pa4x and everyone that has heard it comment of the sound of it.

Call Korg and speak with Saulo who knows the Pa4x and see what he can do for you.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
Certainly D575 seems to be long suffering with his Pa4x and if he has these many issues he has my sympathies. I would contact Korg UK and let them know that firstly you have these issues and that your not happy.

As Pete says if you can replicate the issues each time then you can prove the issues. For my own experience here I am using my Pa4x in a number of situations and as yet it has been rock solid apart from the know issues such as Aftertouch not being available until 1.2.0 a major irritant for me but thats now solved as is the Songbook issue. Having a reliable instrument on stage is vital and I am using the Pa4x to run midi files and Mp3s as well as putting demands on at as a Synth using Layers, Splits, Styles and as a Midi Master Keyboard connected to other Sound Modules. In all of this it has performed well and the Pa4x has so much potential. I have not got into sampling yet but will in time so all in all I am happy with my choice to buy the Pa4x and everyone that has heard it comment of the sound of it.

Call Korg and speak with Saulo who knows the Pa4x and see what he can do for you.
hello mintjamman yes all under way with dealer who is contacting korg for me to day and handy to have a name there should I need to intervene, yes long suffering indeed, my pa3x was rock sold also as you describe you pa4x so hopefully this will be sorted very soon, I now realise that it's starting to be unlikely it's just a software problem as I was believing and of course you would be a good template here to compare with you unit performing live with no problems (rock solid) as I'm shore we all know it can nearly put you in to Hart failure when are gears dose not perform or malfunction on stage, unfortunately it's not been a good start with the pa4x, but thanks for your advice and help and I'll report back the out come in due course.

Last edited by D575 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
kbrkr wrote:

. My understanding is the dealer I use has a close working relationship with korg in the UK and is passing any relevant information over to them, so you have assumed correctly on this occasion, as regards to posting on here "won't get any results"...Are you shore about that or are you assuming?? But thanks for the advice but you can be reassured I am taking care of matter's.

I have worked as a Senior manager in the technology field for 30 years. The only metric that is an important benchmark of/to quality assurance is the number of reported incidents reported to the help desk or support desk. Having your dealer contact Korg circumvents that process. I would call and log a case directly with Korg. Have them issue an incident number, and track it through to completion. If you do not get satisfaction in a reasonable timeframe, i would escalate your support ticket appropriately.

If Korg sees a pattern of many tickets logged for "Freezing" they will prioritize and escalate those types of tickets to the development / QA team and thus your problem will be resolved.

I' just trying to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: