Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem Reply with quote

I push the button on the side to unlock the screen and reposition but after doing this for only 5 or 6 times, it does NOT want to lock and sit back in the original flat position anymore. Is anybody experiencing this issue?

Bernie9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I unlocked mine and raised it to the tilt position, it was fine. When I went to raise it the next day, it would not unlock. It is sort of the reverse of your problem.

I never found out what the cause was, as I sent it back and my dealer sent me a new one. It was worked fine on this machine(so far).

Bernie
Hammond SK1
Bernie9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I unlocked mine and raised it to the tilt position, it was fine. When I went to raise it the next day, it would not unlock. It is sort of the reverse of your problem.

I never found out what the cause was, as I sent it back and my dealer sent me a new one. It was worked fine on this machine(so far).

Bernie
Hammond SK1
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Bernie9, I didn't realize you are in Port Charlotte, FL. I'm right up the road in Tampa and my son lives in Northport.

Looks like we are getting hit with a tropical storm tomorrow. Stay Dry!!!

Al
Bernie9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Al

Small world. Yes, I see we are in for a couple,three days of rain. I have a gig Monday and Wednesday. I expect rather sparse attendance.

Bernie
Hammond SK1
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in Florida, but here in Corpus Christi the water keeps rising similar to Houston & Dallas. In fact, I'm seriously considering building an ARK! Aw heck, I always wanted a bigger boat anyhow.

When it's about ½ way done I'm gonna start selling cruise tickets. Not sure how long it took Noah and the family to build his, but I figure if it's still raining by the time I'm done with mine, ticket prices should be pretty high! BYOLV (bring your own Life Vest. Laughing
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
I push the button on the side to unlock the screen and reposition but after doing this for only 5 or 6 times, it does NOT want to lock and sit back in the original flat position anymore. Is anybody experiencing this issue?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, only after six months of use several nights a week. I truly do not believe it has ever been even bumped, much less mishandled.
I'm trying to decide what to do about it. I cannot send it off somewhere for repair because I need to put food on the table with it! I'm considering taking it to the repair company in Dallas and waiting while they take a look at it. They were nice enough to do something similar when i broke the joystick on my PA3X.
I am fortunate that it is fully functional; it just won't lock down.
DonM
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenackr wrote:
I'm not in Florida, but here in Corpus Christi the water keeps rising similar to Houston & Dallas. In fact, I'm seriously considering building an ARK! Aw heck, I always wanted a bigger boat anyhow.

When it's about ½ way done I'm gonna start selling cruise tickets. Not sure how long it took Noah and the family to build his, but I figure if it's still raining by the time I'm done with mine, ticket prices should be pretty high! BYOLV (bring your own Life Vest. Laughing

I've watched the news regarding the rising waters in Texas and it's really scary. Hopefully it wont' impact you in Corpus Christie. With these tropical storms, you can get 5-10 inches in the blink of an eye. Even though I'm not in a flood prone area, I'm really thinking about getting flood insurance just in case. I don't want to be caught with my proverbial shorts down.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem Reply with quote

DonM wrote:

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, only after six months of use several nights a week. I truly do not believe it has ever been even bumped, much less mishandled.
I'm trying to decide what to do about it. I cannot send it off somewhere for repair because I need to put food on the table with it! I'm considering taking it to the repair company in Dallas and waiting while they take a look at it. They were nice enough to do something similar when i broke the joystick on my PA3X.
I am fortunate that it is fully functional; it just won't lock down.
DonM

That's unfortunate Don....Hopefully this is just an isolated problem and won't become everybody's problem. In my case, the keyboard is been sitting on a secure stand at home...I've yet to play my first song on it!

cloumet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:

Bonjour,

Je suis en france et j'ai exactement le même probléme, mon clavier a 7 mois et ne bouge jamais de chez moi.je suis amateur.
Patrick
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrick.
It seems that this is not a totally isolated problem. Maybe Korg can do some research into it.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spur wheel and safety lever that hold screen are very weak and can be broken with violating force of hard pressing even with a slight
accidental flapping , thing that I had written before 6 months when comparing Pa3X-Pa4X , so be careful and behave gentle to that sensitive screen !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Touch Screen LOCK/UNLOCK problem Reply with quote

cloumet wrote:

Bonjour,

Je suis en france et j'ai exactement le même probléme, mon clavier a 7 mois et ne bouge jamais de chez moi.je suis amateur.
Patrick

Translation:
I'm in France and I have exactly the same problem , my keyboard has 7 months and never moves from home, I am a beginner player (amateur).
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem but mine isn't covered by Korg because although it's a few months old and still under the year warranty I bought it second hand,I contacted Korg and also found the dealer that the keyboard was bought and they also could not do anything for me, were as in Europe the keyboard is covered not matter who buys it as long as it's in the year. Basically KORG policy as with Yamaha and I guess all US big boys policy is you buy second hand you void the warrenty even if it's under one year.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vangelismusic wrote:
I have the same problem but mine isn't covered by Korg because although it's a few months old and still under the year warranty I bought it second hand,I contacted Korg and also found the dealer that the keyboard was bought and they also could not do anything for me, were as in Europe the keyboard is covered not matter who buys it as long as it's in the year. Basically KORG policy as with Yamaha and I guess all US big boys policy is you buy second hand you void the warrenty even if it's under one year.

Sorry to hear that. I've never bought second hand instruments so didn't know you couldn't transfer ownership in the US.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: