Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa3x factory sounds are bad with 63 left right pan!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Korg pa3x factory sounds are bad with 63 left right pan!!! Reply with quote

Hi ! I have listening my korg pa3x with good Akg headphones and i have definitely discovered a big factory wrong sound settings. The problem in korg pa3x is bad panning +,- 63 left and right.this creates sound cancelling hearing effect(like you have made wrong wiring to car speakers ) plus this sound cancellation effect is worst when you use maxx audio stereo to 50 or 60. I have puting almost all factory samples to +,- 20 or 30 left-right and the problem is not there anymore.Pianos, organs stereo strings before was sounding very flat and dry and no life, but now it sound great!!!! Anyone tryed this before?????
angelitto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this panning? In sound edit, or in menu/mixer?
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!...
I dont know if this problem is present to korg pa3x le....but in pa3x which have extra maxxaudio.....if you have same problem like pa3x, you have to make different pan settings i think!.. pan is found to:
Sound-menu-amp ,amp level/pan.
For some of sounds best settings are +,- (20)....left -right...you must hear in phones to determine proper pan level. Then you must write sound but nessesary to uncheck factory sound protect.you can find it to...( Media -preferences)....
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specify, which exactly sound you having problem with ??
Korg Pa3x has been over 3 years already and I didn't hear anything about problem with panning , don't you think is weird ?
Write all scenario and maybe we can help you find where is a problem.
BTW, are you sure your headphone is OK, having AKG headphones doesn't mean they can not be malfunction.
Did you try other audio devices like PA system or different speakers??
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i can explain you....
If you look at piano sounds you will see the poor sound from pa3x...reason for this for me has nothing to do with piano samples but with wrong pan of 16 oscillators. They are set to minus or plus 63 L.R....this can be more bad when you add maxxaudio stereo to 50. Because it tends to wide sound again...so the sound goes behind your head. Try 20 or 30 L.R panning and you will see difference .sound become more present and more good. Look at 12 string guitar for problem and some organ sounds.( some factory sounds are set at correct pan settings) but most of sounds have this problem. I have tested with too many headphones and hq loudspeakers..i'm experienced keyboard performer and worked in Recording Studio . I know enough about the sound .....
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rani pa3x wrote:
Ok i can explain you....
If you look at piano sounds you will see the poor sound from pa3x...reason for this for me has nothing to do with piano samples but with wrong pan of 16 oscillators. They are set to minus or plus 63 L.R....this can be more bad when you add maxxaudio stereo to 50. Because it tends to wide sound again...so the sound goes behind your head. Try 20 or 30 L.R panning and you will see difference .sound become more present and more good. Look at 12 string guitar for problem and some organ sounds.( some factory sounds are set at correct pan settings) but most of sounds have this problem. I have tested with too many headphones and hq loudspeakers..i'm experienced keyboard performer and worked in Recording Studio . I know enough about the sound .....

Which Factory Piano sound you talk about?
tell us exactly.
Performers Heaven
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly...Factory-Grand Piano RX. This is stereo sampled piano but if you look, oscillators are panned to -63 and+63. If you put all of them to -20 left and +20 right and with combination of 50 stereo of maxxaudio,you must hear the real beautifull sound of pa3x .Look and write me back!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample is panning as was recorded, nothing wrong with wide range of panning between to twin samples, (GrandPiano_L and GrandPiano_R), maybe because I love very wide Stereo sound is OK for me.
I used Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones.
...but MaxxStereo is for improves the stereo separation
of closely placed loudspeakers, for headphone is maybe to much.
As you say you are experienced keyboard performer and worked in Recording Studio, means you know how works forced Stereo separation.
In simple words is Fake stereo, Piano Sounds with separated L & R channel samples not required boost from MazzStereo, but this all is my opinion, everybody has own ways.
check this website why you shouldn't use headphone with stereo separation:
http://alienryderflex.com/stereo_separation/
Bottom line is: nothing wrong with Pa3x Piano Sounds, is just won't work for you, but you already figure out how to adjust, so longest is fine for you is OK.
Korg giving us full control on customize sounds, this is what make them best Keyboards. Wink
Performers Heaven
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik...you are right in theory.i have made a lot of my personal sounds like my guitars or my sampled pianos, drums etc....i use standard proccedure one stereo track is splitted in two mono tracks when imported to pa3x (because it cannot store the sample in original state.) I then go to pan settings and separate the samples totally from left to right but i havent't made any pre processings to samples, and pa3x interpret as standard stereo sound without problems....but....i think korg engineers when have recorded piano from original ,they have added further processings to it.for example: they already have used any imager (software or hardware) and they use softwares to create the sound and finally it is exported to pa3x. If sound is maximally processed with imager pluggins ,do not need to pan it too much L.R because it creates "in front sound cancelling effect" Have you tried to 20 L.R then compare two piano sounds???
angelitto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried on my pa3xle, as you said, Grand Piano RX, and panned all oscilators at +/- 30 then saved to a new sound and i compared with original. Original sounds to me more realistic and better. The sound i created was a little bit flat. Maybe on pa3xle there are better sample, or better settings in oscilators, dunno.
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in pa3x le this problem does not exist.this is newer than pa3x and original factory sample parametters may be different. This is a good thing!!! My older korgs like :i30, pa1x pro, pa800 not having this kind of problems. In new pa4x i heard in ytube there is no this problem.
I have tested only in two pa3x with 1.63 os an resources and results are with same problem....same bad sound for me and my friend ears too...(we both are experienced keyboard players, even he is older than me).
Rani pa3x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i just heard pa3x le demo in you tube and piano sounds great. The same sound if i put all oscillators to +/-20 L.R
I like natural sound!!!!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you Rani if you listen sound natural panning with Stereo Separation set to 50% on headphones sound terrible.
I dealing on daily basic with Stereo Separation effects, but mostly for mono sounds to give them a little wide spectrum.
Read manual:
Pa3x User Manual on Page# 217 wrote:
Stereo
MaxxStereo is for more realistic, wider stereo imaging. You will
hear a wide, exciting stereo image, similar to what you’d hear in a
modern movie theatre.
MaxxStereo spatial imaging technology improves the stereo separation
of closely placed loudspeakers. With loudspeakers that
are very close the one to the other (like in the optional PaAS –
Amplification System), MaxxStereo increases perceived separation
for optimal imaging, with natural sound and a generous listening
position.

Try limited MaxxStereo.
You say Pa3xLe sounds good on demo, but has same sound on same samples and angelitto just confirm is better orginal that +30/-30 pan.
Except Pa3xLe doesn't have MaxxStereo. Wink
Just think it about.
Is common sense.
Rani pa3x wrote:
i think korg engineers when have recorded piano from original ,they have added further processings to it.for example: they already have used any imager (software or hardware) and they use softwares to create the sound and finally it is exported to pa3x.

Korg Developers not sampling Pa3x, they got hire professional sound engineers to do this, people who doing this for living and believe me Piano Samples is not digitally panning.
Rani pa3x wrote:
If sound is maximally processed with imager pluggins ,do not need to pan it too much L.R because it creates "in front sound cancelling effect"

This is exactly what you doing using to much MaxxStereo. Smile

But again, do what you thinking is best for you, you are 0,01% users complain about,...Korg is not going do do update sounds, you got to get over and enjoy you Arranger.
Performers Heaven
dupakos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me how to put all oscillators (from a sound) to +/-20 L.R (or whatever)? Detailed all "moves" please ,,, sorry for my english
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dupakos wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to put all oscillators (from a sound) to +/-20 L.R (or whatever)?
Detailed all "moves" please ,,, sorry for my english

SOUND Mode
SOUND/MENU/Amp/Amp Lvl/Pan/ adjust Pan value for every OSC and save Sound.
STS Performance mode
Better if you want the same Pan for all Sound OSCs (global sound for style)
STYLE PLAY/MENU/Mixer Tuning/Volume Pad tab , adjust panning settings for each sound of an STS group.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: