Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think? Yes, I'm ranting!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: What do you think? Yes, I'm ranting! Reply with quote

They've gone and changed my Outlook email again. This happens once in a while and everytime it just annoys the freaking hell out of me. Sure, I"m 61 years old but I do own and use almost a half dozen computers. I'm not an idiot when it comes to using technology but this to me is just change for the sake of change.

Over time I've gotten me email to look the way I want it to and am completely familiar with the locations of all of the buttons and other bits of crap that I never ever use.

Now I have to relearn where it all is and as far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't freaking have to. For those that all these additional features, awesome! More power to you but I don't want or need them. I've noticed that it's slower now too. Great improvement, techno-morons! Thanks for nothing!

I've noticed this about various aspects of the internet. People make arbitrary decisions about about the tools that you use and don't give you the option of deciding whether or not you want to switch it up. I think this is way beyond incredibly rude. I'd be using far stronger language but this is an all ages forum so I'll refrain from that but I really want to swear!

As far as I'm concerned, if Outlook or anyone like them want to change the appearance,style and functionality of the on you're using, they should at least first show decent class and ASK you if you want to "upgrade". I don't consider this to be an upgrade. I consider it to be annoying and very very unnecessary. I should have been consulted, shown the new version and be given the option to either change or keep my fully operational version.

Microsoft wrecked one of my computers because they neglected to inform me that Windows 10 was incompatible with my Kaspersky anti virus software. I had no idea at all that my computer was unprotected. Within 3 freaking days of changing to Windows 10. My computer was so infected it would barely run. This was a 3 month old computer.

Yes I do know there are all kings of people who think Windows 10 is the most amazing thing on the planet. I'm just not one of them.

I want my old Outlook back and I want it back now!

Jeremykeys. One very angry an annoyed old man!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change for changes sake is not always good. The Thunderbird email client is not perfect, but much more user friendly.

The Yahoo Groups format got changed a while back. It's badly broken now. Threads are a pain to follow, pages don't load properly.... No wonder their valuation went down.

Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many companies make changes to prove that they are a dynamic and thriving organization. Without changes, no matter how pointless, they are labeled as stagnant.

As far as Windows 10 ... It's the new coke/classic coke thing. It's as if they intentionally screwed up Windows 8 so they could relabel Windows 7 with a sloppy coat of paint.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an IT professional for the last 30 years, I've realized that within the last 10 years, developers are no longer making upgrades to improve the product, but more and more they;re simply showing how cool they make something. Proof? Try and have a window in Windows keep it's same size and location on the screen since Vista. Why even call it Windows when it can't be set up to do windowing?

Now, it's all about how cool and whiz-bang they make it long: gone are the days of tight, tighter, tightest coding, logical features, et al; now? Its more about feature creep and how "cool" the developer can make it look, rather than any sort of functionality.

It's akin to giving a movie too big a budget- they throw all sorts of unnecessary crap into the movie, the parts ending up far more than the whole. Deadpool had its budget cut, making the director work to get the story across- and it worked.

..Joe
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I had no idea that so many other people felt the same way as I do. It's very heartening.

I've often felt that a lot of these changes in various softwares and systems happen purely because some people just need to justify their existences. I figure that unless there is a need for a serious upgrade or somebody has come up with a fantastic improvement and not just crap, it's not necessary to change it.

they should leave it alone and find something else to invent.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
John Hendry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... I noticed this instantly and fell out of my chair thinking ERRR! If it's not broke don't fix it... I have to agree with Joe but I'll tell you physics is even worse now after seeing what "someone" has done on Wackeypedia going through it removing things I used to be able to point out of value as well as other information. All the good information on music theory that could be cross referenced I used is now gone. What concern's me is what our computers have become as people on all sides of the planet steal and hide information of value they come up with looking through our hard drives. Power has always relied on the intellect of a few people and corrupt governments are always on the lookout to grab whatever they can. So now we see the aggressive right hand breaking what the left hand is looking for and the tools needed to find it slowing down progress.

Most major discoveries are caused by accidents. If it were not for thinking the Russians were developing nuclear weapons in space we would not know about gamma ray bursts that were thought to be impossible because they expose the harmonic octave level structure in space that created the illusion of dark matter. Mathematics gave us most of science, but intuition is what started it and what "they" are looking for as if they could comprehend it.

Well anyway took a break from legally flying all over town (I have video to prove it and it's not a drone;-) testing my new range out avoiding wires and just stopped by to see what's new and saw this. There is one good thing I noticed about the change... now you can scroll back years without doing a page at a time and needing to pick the right page. For me that's important as I'm too lazy to turn on my other computers where it's all organized and backed up electronically off line.

Old computers kept offline that can run an OASYS PCI card have value. Same with old fashion piles of paper copy just in case we get hit by the next HEMP. But it takes days to go through all the boxes because of the MCR lawsuit I put in a trust that's still an open issue $$$ and void of all statutes of limitation thanks to law enforcement showing why we should be concerned about our computers and what can be done with simple information where something as innocent as your car breaking down on the way to an important meeting can change the outcome of everything related to it. It's the little weak force of the control rotor on a helicopter that controls where the strong force of the main rotor makes it end up....
John Hendry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Internet concerns.... Reply with quote

RE: http://www.examiner.com/article/san-bruno-explosion-news-5-people-still-missing-death-toll-rises-to-6-as-2-more-bodies-discovered

Here's what I'm taking about. A Google search on CERN's 2011 neutrino equation announced worldwide in 2011 "(v-c)/c=2.48e-5" has brought up the article above by the US Headlines Examiner titled: ”San Bruno explosion news: 5 people still missing, death toll rises to 6 as 2 more bodies discovered” for many years but now the link takes you to “AXS” and pictures of the first lady and a bunch of emotional gibberish. Perhaps a computer tech can say how this happened looking at the source code while it's still up. I suspect the article page is being hidden because of its content. There were hundreds of posts but somehow they were all removed and only my two posts were left up and every time I went to the site there was what appeared to me to be expensive advertising showing the article and my posts were creating at least some traffic. But Google saved it so thought I’d document it while the opportunity exists in seeking an answer to show what appears to be politics working in the shadows. This is what I found left without the pictures of the pipeline explosion.

I had posted on this article thinking nothing to come of it because of William’s “Blue Bridge” 36 pipeline announced to be going through my WA property which prevented me or anyone else with a potential bomb going through their property by using eminent domain from selling the property when needed. I could not sell the flat double mountain view 10 acre lots for half of what I paid for them and I got them for half price to start with connected to buying the other vacant lot at full price with the house I was living in till June 9, 2009 when I was evicted as a renter. It looks like it was a scam used to create a land grab to me as no pipeline was ever put in after property values were destroyed and people lost their land because of it where city officials ended up as the new owner.

"San Bruno explosion news: 5 people still missing, death toll rises to 6 as 2 more bodies discovered

Five people remain missing after the huge gas pipeline explosion that ripped through a San Bruno, California neighborhood on Thursday evening. Four people have already been confirmed dead, however, authorities now report two additional bodies have been found.
The New York Times reports that Brian Moura, a spokesperson for the city, said more human remains were discovered in two different areas where the explosion occurred, raising the death toll to six.

Earlier Saturday, the San Mateo County Coroner announced that Jacqueline Greig, 44, and her daughter Janessa Greig, 13, were confirmed as two casualties of the pipeline blast. Jessica Morales, 20, was also confirmed among the dead. According to the Mercury News, 81-year-old Elizabeth Torres is also feared dead.

Reports indicate the explosion was likely caused by a ruptured Pacific Gas & Electric 30-inch diameter gas pipeline, however, authorities continue to investigate the actual reason(s) behind the horrific accident.
To see a photo gallery regarding the San Bruno explosion and fire, click here..."

Comments (mine were the only ones left up)
•John Hendry 5 years ago

"Are you Rodney that announced at the William’s meeting in White Salmon WA that putting a 36in (much bigger than a 30in) gas pipeline through the properties in this community, our back yards, would not harm our property values? You know, the guy doing William’s dirty work representing William’s who said he had research data that shows pipelines do not affect property values? If you are him you were sitting next to the City Counsel member's supporting your statements. How much do they get paid for deceiving their own community members?

I was sitting near the WA developer that sold me two lots next to his and worked with me writing letters. I kept him informed of confidential information on what the community was doing about stopping the pipeline. The developer complained the pipe was going right through the front yard of his house I was going to buy and through his geothermal pipes that surround his property making a pipe going through the property hard to miss. He said it would ruin his property's value and since he's a local known political lobbyist in on everything he should know.

I'm the guy that walked out of the first meeting, and was asked to come back in the second I attended after I walked out again upset at how gullible and divided the community was listening to you representing Williams having prier experience after my girlfriend's accident in 1994 trying to collect her uninsured motorist policy canceled by the drunk driver showing a false insurance card THE CORRUPT JUDGE KNEW WAS NOT REAL protecting USSA Insurance. Then after that case representing the North Shore of Oahu in HECO vs. Hendry and then dumping the huge case won in my opinion and an expert witness that helped a week before trial by my attorney Chisnuts from one of the best law firms in Hawaii to avoid what "some" attorneys were going to do to me. HECO is a great company BTW and writes good non-disclosure agreements and I can only say good things about them, but the PUC on Mars is a bunch of liars and thieves in my opinion and every person I know that was writing letters to the PUC on Mars say the same.

After that case ended badly just before trial leaving everyone on the North Shore hanging and me silenced I purchased Lot 21 on Maui to get away in a Home Owners Association where the Board members said the top of the subdivision road was a Board members driveway so he could illegally build stopping my own development and getting in a ten year long lawsuit over it where a known corrupt Judge (left me out of my own status conference attended by my 4th attorney instead of me I HAD DISMISSED FOR ACTING IN CONFLICT OF INTEREST) ordered an arbitration on a tiny part of the case placing a stay to stop everything else as time and money ticked away as they worked me over using time to win it where days were 18 hours keeping up.

I then hired the attorney I trusted and knew was my good friend that represented me in HECO and after he got the case files he refused to defend the case letting my property get foreclosed on I owned outright with $18,000 for dues paid in advance from a bogus fine they dropped to protect themselves that got "lost" changing HOA management Co. Records were "lost" too.

As soon as he took over the case thanks to 2 time Grammy Award winning Hawaiian Guitarist George Kahumoku who bought a house supplied water by KAPWC George took over getting the Board members voted off the Board who then took our HOA money (while off the Board) and sued the new board members giving my attorney the dream come true case evidence (they put death threats in writing, assaulted a woman, got arrested at the meeting and also took out $12,000 more than allowed for any emergency to pay a criminal attorney for defense....the Board member that assaulted her is a criminal attorney himself...don't pee in your panties Bill) he showed me what happened under the table in settlement in another case (guess) avoiding a class action lawsuit in my opinion which forced him to get this case to arbitration after I sent letters to the ODC. The ODC later sent me a letter saying they don't investigate attorneys hoping the stress would end it. I busted the legal system.

After 18 years of fighting the legal system in Hawaii I was only 30 days away from winning a case getting my life back by getting past arbitration. But then the lobbyist evicted me from another house he owned that I was buying and living in, not renting, with a written contract getting a little behind in payments I had to use for the lawsuit. I could not believe it when the Judge would not accept the perchance contract with $40,000 paid down in contract and gave me only 6 days to move out. There was no rental contract shown. The lobbyist said he had to have money coming in to keep the bank and his wife happy and I could still buy it after settlement and could store all my belongings in a building next to the house so we drew up a 60 day storage contract FAXED TO THE SHERIFFS AS THE WRIT REQUIRED FOR CHANGES that extended the time to get out of the house so he could come get the keys and I put everything I own, $300,000+ that I was now selling to finish the lawsuit and live off WITH the legal papers and evidence needed in storage and campout on my own vacant property in front of the house I was buying before being evicted…. and finish it with VERY LITTLE to do before being able to represent myself in front of a jury forcing a fair settlement to avoid over $100,000,000 in damages through transferred intent to the other members, some with 10,000 ft homes and endless swimming pools.

The lobbyist, who I believe has connections to Williams and knew the pipeline would be going in, deceived me and he showed up early with the Klickitat Sheriffs and despite showing them the written contract already faxed (the developer/lobbyist then said the Sheriffs said I had not faxed it before they got there? God bless the tape recorder and small brains... proving they knew about it...the contract also listed the name of the person I talked to that said I did not need to fax it but I did so anyway to be safe as that’s what the writ said to do. I objected till they said I would be arrested. The writ says they cannot take anyone’s property against their will in an evection and it must be put on nearest public property but they had to go on my property to get off it so I was covered. The lobbyist even bragged saying "are your legal papers in there" and I said ‘yes and I'm getting them out” and was pushed back by the Sheriffs. I later found out he kept some stuff stored and when I called the White Salmon Police to report it the Sheriffs showed up and said I'd be arrested for making a false report. The large items kept were listed in the contact faxed to the Sheriffs. They let me know they rule to support big money, not the law.

After half a million was gone I took out a small loan on my Wa property to finish the case but the conflict of interest caused me to have to sell it to pay off the loan as Bank of America tricked me along with many others. Because of William’s saying it was putting the pipeline in I was unable to sell a $185,000 10 acre lot for $52,000 to a guy with cash to burn just to save my 800 FICO credit score and the bank sold it for $52,000 to someone that did not know about the pipeline.

If Williams had not been putting in a pipeline I would have been able to sell the lot for $95,000 instantly to a friend and kept up with the house payments so the lobbyist could pay his mortgage payments and the opportunity for him to stop the lawsuit making him "the man" would have been avoided.

No one will buy my Maui lot foreclosed on for legal fees because of the HOA Board (their Attorneys sent me collection letters regarding the case while represented by my attorney who refused to respond which is illegal on both counts to run up legal fees...it's taking a while, and John Dick the HOA's President sent me a death threat in Email as did my Coldwell Banker Realtors seconding it after they were caught saying in email the lot was listed for sale when it was off the MLS trying to take the listing to the developer I sued in Hawaii. The house contract was contingent on the sale of my Maui lot and the lobbyist said he sent a letter to the President which I’m sure he did. So did I…it was ignored with 2.5 lbs of evidence showing Coldwell Banker’s agents deceiving me causing harm to many people and an 18 page letter. They must have known my situation somehow.

The last Wa lot I own cannot be sold because of Williams 36 inch pipeline said to be going in and the Klickitat Sheriffs helping the lobbyist take everything I own and put it in storage IN ANOTHER STATE pretending RCW 59.18.312(3) is in effect to the storage company....which is a Washington Law. All this must be disclosed to a new buyer and either one would kill a sale. I lose the lot to taxes next year unless I solve the Unified Field Theory or something.

Anyone that would not allow Williams an easement for the 36 inch pipeline they call “Blue Bridge” for their children to play on would be subject to imminent domain. The Cascadian earthquake is due anytime now.

“We negotiate fairly and equitably. We recognize our responsibilities to communities and landowners we affect.
Visit the project at www.bluebridgepipeline.com.
Rodney Gregory”

Rodney Gregory lied to me and all my neighbors. They stopped the meetings and the new map shows the areas where people complained missing. That’s a bad omen. “They’re still trying to confirm whether the remains are human and identify victims.”
John^^"

o Report this content
• John Hendy 5 years ago
"That was in reply to a guy that sounded like one of William's reps
John^^"

o Report this content
• John F Hendry 4 years ago

"I’m sure Rodney and his employers will remember what I said at the meeting in White Salmon WA regarding the Unified Field Theory being solved. Of course I never expected CERN to announce measuring neutrinos at v-c/c=2.48e-5 in 453.6 miles to allow me to prove it without forcing the physicists to do several miles of equations. As it stands the calculations showing Stanford’s SLAC E158 data on the asymmetry of the weak force reduced down to 453.6 miles matching was all that was needed to answer CERN’s question of “why” and let the politics of energy and broken egos take the next step in the form of a “loose cable” and deny their observation as well as its observation that goes back to 1947 and supports Fermilab’s neutrino speeds as well. No one that understood the discovery believes that of course but we can’t expect physics and politics to be changed on the same day.

We are now in a position to understand generating energy because we understand how Mass oscillation generates time and space. Fossil fuels can be saved for the future and be used for far more important uses. What those uses will be is the next question we need to answer. But one thing is certain: the end days of wasting the supply that took 400 million years to produce is at hand and we won’t be needing 36 inch gas pipelines going through our backyards because we won’t be wasting the supply as we did in the past.
Science is Great.
JFH^^"

Can anyone say how this link appears to be being hijacked?

It was written by Cindy Adams, US Headlines Examiner

"Cindy Adams, an experienced freelance writer and blogger, studied psychology and journalism at the University of California, and has a Juris Doctor in Law. She has also been a contributing writer for a number of online publications."
John Hendry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the subject is ranting where ranting is needed IMO I should have mentioned this article, now coming up on the 4th search page, was coming up on the first page consistently as the 3rd or 4th entry ahead of other physics related posts which surprised me as it has nothing to do with the neutrino and CERN's measurement being searched on other than the second post I added a year later because it was already coming up on the first page.

I can't say if the interest in this article connected to CERN is because it's connected to oil and natural gas and what I said to William's officials at the last meeting I attended in White Salmon WA stating the end of needing oil for energy production is close at hand, or just public interest outside the science community putting it on the first search page. Regardless June 9, 2009 and what followed exposing more of the same illegal activity involving law enforcement is now permanently connected to what according to the scientific community was the greatest announcement ever made in science IF ANY PART of CERN's measurement was verified. And what most people don't realize is even if you throw CERN's data out the window rather than argue about it when SLAC funded by the US DOE went back over their BaBar experiment and confirmed time has asymmetry... that confirmed "some part" of CERN's measurement was correct as it supported "some part" of the 0.20e-5 sec asymmetry in time exposed by the CERN/E158 data match.

We are now in a new age of physics not being announced on main stream TV and my legal situation exposing the truth is obviously something "some people" want kept hidden. You would think adding a 4th oscillation phase or "part" to the atom called the missing graviton misnamed the "hole" shown opposite the electron, as well as adding a second reverse arrow to time needed to support it as well as an asymmetry in time, would create some attention and it did... but not on TV. TV is for watching movies not learning anything true.

Here's what I think... this is all very real and Williams used it's connections to try and hide my post that got highlighted by all the surrounding posts being removed. The original post was a reply to one of the posts defending pipelines by someone that appeared to be doing damage control removed with all the rest. The question is how and why out of so many other better written posts did this one post get so much attention to start with.

BTW... The pipeline was owned by PG&E, not Williams according to another article on the 30in gas line explosion. http://mp3toyoutubeconverter.xyz/san-bruno-explosion-news-5-people-still-missing-death-toll-rises-to-6-as-2-more-bodies-discovered

This article says: "PG&E’s Ms. Williams said the utility was developing a process to inspect pipelines in its service territory." I guess Williams is just a common last name in the pipeline business and that's better than just burying them in the wet shifting ground (1950's) and forgetting about them. But here's the kicker... "A tentative agreement has been reached. Under the settlement, which has not yet been approved by the full commission, the utility will raise rates by $67.3 million in 2011 to $529.1 million for its transmission and storage system."

Wow... there's big money in blowing people up.

Just kidding... you don't even need a pipeline: "Williams suspended field work on the proposal, called the Blue Bridge Pipeline, in November. But on Tuesday, company officials plan to ask county commissioners for permission to begin surveying a possible route through county-run Camp Bonneville. Williams hasn’t yet resumed field work, spokeswoman Michele Swaner said. But the company may be preparing to do so. In May and June, she said, the company will hold five open houses on the proposed line."

And doing that will lower the property values of EVERY property the massive 36in industrial size pipeline goes through or is nearby and the company knows that as well as it's own name.

It sure didn't take long on Google after time added things to increase my suspicions of the company using it's legal position to lower property values so City Officials... like the former Mayer here... could own valuable real estate for next to nothing. Despite the real estate market collapsing, and then the 36in Williams NLG pipeline announced going through my WA properties, the County raised my land taxes 4 times what they were when I purchased the lots and real estate values were at their highest. My letters to the County tax office were never answered despite asking questions about the Sheriffs lowering my property values by breaking the law on June 9, 2009 and their requirement to consider any issue that would cause it especially if it was required to be disclosed to a new buyer. If it looks like a property is protected by a fire department, but it's not and the owner knows it that fact MUST be disclosed to a new buyer and the same goes for all County services.

Gang mentality is bad, and when it becomes an armed "legal" authority willing to break the law, or a group of friends of a corrupt authority in control also willing to break the law, you see exactly why history repeats itself... because the good people did nothing to stop it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: