Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample (help): All samples deleted?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neinkob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Volca Sample (help): All samples deleted? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'd be really glad if anyone of you could help out a desperate newbie..

I recently borrowed a Korg Volca Sample from a friend and just tried to upload a new sample to it with Caustic Editor for Android (I'm also using a non-Korg power supply).
Before that, I deleted one sample from the slot I tried to fill up. I marked that slot with "delete", hooked my phone up to the Volca and started to sync. Everything worked out and that slot was empty. I then unplugged my phone and wanted to prepare the sample, the sync cable was still plugged into the volca though. When i unplugged it from the machine and turned it off and on again, all the sample slots were empty. The volca itself is working and showing everything in step mode etc., but is playing nothing since the "sample" knob shows "S.---".
I haven't done anything since then.

I'm pretty screwed now, as I deleted all of my friend's samples from the machine... is there anything I can do besides apologizing Embarassed ?

Thank you so much for your help,
-neinkob
tim7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the "Restore factory samples" option in Caustic Editor
Jack_Pimiento

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. Sure I can restore factory presets but I'd like to add samples to only certain slots and still keep some of the originals. Every time I try adding a sample I'm left with only the sample I added. All the original samples are gone.

Has anyone seen and solved this issue?

Firmware 1.3
hjulskov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack_Pimiento wrote:

Has anyone seen and solved this issue?
Firmware 1.3

I have also experienced this issue -Trying to upload a single sample and suddenly all samples where gone -I didn't notice if the sample I uploaded was there -though. I think I checked maybe 5 - 10 sample slots which where empty.

Might be a bug in 1.3
Pigdog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: sample screwed Reply with quote

i have had nothing but trouble getting any kind ov palatable sample with my korg sample. every one ive recorded sounds like s**t. restore on the app has never worked, i mainly use it for a drum machine. im honestly afraid to do anything else with it. i cant believe i bought another one. for some stupid reason i still love the godamn thing. any advice would be much appreciated.
Droogsurgeon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Same issue but... Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue but I can't even restore it back to its original settings. 5.--- and nothing will fix it. If anyone knows what to do?
RudyDRD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same issue. I posted the same question a few weeks ago with no reply. Any time I try to upload a sample it uploads the sample fine but deletes all other samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: