Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Analog Record FX in Sequence Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfeinsilver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Using Analog Record FX in Sequence Mode Reply with quote

Is it possible to apply the Analog Record FX only during playback in sequence mode? When I turn this effect on for a given track while in sequence mode, it runs continuously regardless of whether or not anything is being played (this is also true in Program Mode). I want the effect to turn on when I play back (or record) a sequence and then turn off when that sequence stops. Is there anyway to assign it to specific measures? Thanks.
sutekh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't messed with the Sequencer yet, but in Program mode you can do this under the parameters for the effect.
Scroll to the bottom of the "Analog Record" IFX page (whichever IFX it's set to, IFX1, IFX2 etc) and set the Wet/Dry to "Dry". Then next to it set the Src to "Gate 1", AMT +100. This way you'll only hear the record scratch while you're playing notes, and it cuts out when you lift your fingers off the keys.

I remembered this trick from the Triton all those years ago...
sutekh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hust tried it in Combination mode but Gate1 didn't work. I really don't understand why. But the wheels and switches work so I set it for Switch 2.
bfeinsilver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, sutekh. That worked for me in Program Mode. Although, I wasn't able to get it to work in Sequencer Mode. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: