Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi in suddenly not working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shutoku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Midi in suddenly not working. Reply with quote

So I run a midi controller into my Kross 61.
I played a gig last night and it worked fine, this morning, my midi in doesn't work.
I trouble shooted with several midi cables and tried three different keyboard controllers, messed around with midi channels, so I know for certain the problem is within the Kross.
I've got calls out to my repair guy to see if it is a physical issue with the midi recepticle or wires. i just hope it is a phyisical problem easily fixed, and not a software thing.
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing, and if so was there a cure?
Shutoku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update myself....

I will take it in on Monday (today is Saturday)
I started work creating splits and layers so that I can do most of my gigs with just the Kross if need be, and I'm storing those combi's in bank C.
I still have my combis using a midi keyboard in Bank D.
(I teach so student combi's are bank A, and special event gig combi's go in B)

As I was creating splits an inner voice said "try it again" so I did and this time I sort of wiggled the midi cable at the recepticle...it worked, so I'm pretty sure there is a lose solder or something. Thing is the Kross took a fall a few days ago. It was in it's red custom case, but there is not a lot of padding there. I think I'm going to switch back to using an old hard shell fender strat case I have which I gutted and put in foam to hold the Kross.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone is reading this, but here is the update.

I took my Kross in and we opened it up. Everything looked perfectly fine.
Our best guess is that something got into one of the holes in the receptical that prevented contact. Otherwise it is working perfectly.

None the less I have a bank of combis in case the midi dies, and a lower teir arranger keyboard has passable sounds in a pinch. (I use it purely as a controller ordinarily)
Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Great read, thank you for posting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: