Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Nord 2 keyboard, Kaoss Quad and Logic on Mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazeyboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject: Using Nord 2 keyboard, Kaoss Quad and Logic on Mac Reply with quote

Total newbie here - returning to electronic music for the first time since Before the Days of MIDI... I have a Nord Stage 2 EX and want to use that with my Kaoss Pad Quad, and to record/overtrack using Logic Pro. Basically, I just want to use the Nord to generate sounds or feeble melodies or whatever, and then mess with them in the Kaoss Pad.

The question is how to get the sound into Logic. My sense is that Logic will act as a digital recording machine - rather than feeding any "music" out of the Nord into the Mac, my intention is to put it through the Kaoss Pad and THEN into the Mac. For which, I assume, I'm going to need some kind of sound card that can take an RCA signal and make it palatable to the computer. Would anyone be willing to tell me what I'm looking for? Brand recommendations welcome.

Or would I record the Nord output into Logic, then send the signal out of Logic to the Kaoss Pad, THEN back into separate recording tracks in Logic?

Finally, if I'm recording the signal coming out of the Kaoss Pad, newly enriched with Amazing Digital Effects™, would I also be separately recording the MIDI signal from the Nord into Logic? Does Logic actually record the MIDI info? (Sorry, that may be more of a Logic question than a Kaoss question, but I'm sure there is some degree of similarity between different DAW's.

Thanks in advance!

J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: