Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa 80 advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duke1256

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: pa 80 advice Reply with quote

HI there
my name is chris.i have been a pa 80 user for a while now.i,m not very technically inclined so i,m looking for advice and possibly some help.i want to b able to have access to more styles/sounds onboard without having to add anything external if thats possible? if i add an internal hardrive does that give me the option to add more styles/sounds? I wouldn,t have a clue about doing the process myself but if anyone had some input for me I would appreciate it greatly. funny thing ..i,ve been a keybord player for decades and still pretty green on the technical end but have always managed to find the right buttons to push Rolling Eyes
Thank you for any and all responses
much
peace
chris
rockola

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: PA80 Advice Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I have a PA80 "Elite" which I bought in 2002. It has an internal hard drive fitted as "standard" which provides the capacity to install an additional 160 styles.

There is no facility to install additional programs (sounds) or performances, other than in the "user" sections. It is possible, of course, to save a SET to the hard drive, create a new SET(s) with different sounds and performances, save THAT to the hard drive and load whichever set you require at any given time. You must bear in mind, however, that if you load a new SET it automatically deletes the existing SET, hence the need to SAVE any existing data.

The hard drive also stores Standard Midifiles, Sets etc. (even a copy of the operating system). It is very useful to be able to modify a Midifile in "Sequencer" mode, save it to the hard drive and play it back in "Song" mode. When playing a Midifile it is virtually instantaneous - you don't have to wait for it to "load".

In my opinion the internal hard drive makes a huge difference to the PA80 and I wouldn't hesitate to have one installed if the price is right.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: