Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X3 no operating system after turned off for 2 years

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixculim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: X3 no operating system after turned off for 2 years Reply with quote

Good day to all, I have a Korg X3 that I put away for a couple of years in the closet. Now that I tried to turn it on, the screen is blank like if No power and No operating system. I took it to an electrician who told me that the keyboard has power, the battery died and that it seems that the card god erased or no operating system is loaded.

Any suggestions? Steps or what to do?

Will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did the electrician do to determine the keyboard had power? Did they just check that there was mains supply voltage at the end of the mains power cable, or did they open up the keyboard and check that the mains power was getting to the internal power supply and that the supply rails from the PSU were at the required voltages? Is the power switch working?

The operating system for the X3 is stored on ROM, which normally shouldn't get erased when the backup battery expires.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: