Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Program Changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BATCAVE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Midi Program Changes Reply with quote

Currently putting together a new show, where I have to play more parts.

Does anybody know what the best way to link a 2 Tritons, a Krome, KING Korg so that one will change the programs of all the others?

Could my Motiffs be added easily?

My goal would be to use only MIDI cable, maybe usb, maybe an exteranl computer.

But want to do this with just the Keyboards and no exteranal device or product?

Looking for suggestions? Iconnectivity MIO10?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is possible, using combi on the Tritons and EXT or EXT2 mode. Than you can set per MIDI channel a program change.

So one of the Tritons is your ' Master' e.g. MC 1 (MIDI channel 1). You make some timbres with other MCs and the program changes for the others, e.g.:

Combi U-A000:
Timbre 5: EXT MC2 (Other triton): Program xxx (the program change for Triton)
Timbre 6: EXT MC3 (Krome
... etc

It costs 4 timbres, but I think you can spread them, and the Krome has 16 timbres so probably enough spares.

Your Motifs can be added the same way, just have to check the correct program (change). Just connect all with MIDI cables in a long chain.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Citizen Dan Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an iPad with music reader program (I have Unreal Book but there are others out there), most of them can send out program changes when you bring up that pdf file. If you daisy chain with the MIDI thru, you can have Keyboard 1 set to receive program change on Ch. 12, Keyboard 2 on Ch 13, etc, then send out the program changes on the channel for each keyboard. You don't have to worry about one manufacturer not talking correctly to another, you just have to set up each keyboard to receive on it's own separate channel and send to right strings out (for instance, the Kronos needs MSB/LSB and program changes all sent, but my Novation only needs the program change)
It's pretty slick - when you change to the next piece of music, all your keyboards will change and you don't have to touch any of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: