Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving sounds with songs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
legsmechanical

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Saving sounds with songs Reply with quote

I'm coming from the moxf and am very close to pulling the trigger on the m3. There's one thing that I cant seem to find a straight answer on with the m3, though:

1) When working on a sequence, can I edit programs and then save my sequence and edited programs for instant seamless recall at a later time? Basically i want to make sure that it is easy to ensure that my sequences are properly voiced (with appropriate edits) each time they are loaded.

2) could loading multiple sequences (recorded in different sessions) with different editted sounds into ram at once create conflicts that would cause some not to be voiced as originally recorded?

3) On my moxf (and old fantom x), programs editted within the sequencer or performance mode would be essentially copied and saved automatically within the sequence/performance so that the edits wouldnt effect the original programs. Does m3 do something similar?

Thanks for your help!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You can edit programs and then save everything. The "Save PCG & SEQ" command will save everything. PCG is Programs, Combis, Global and SEQ is the sequencer data. Note that editing a program will change all references to it, not just the current sequence. But you can make a copy of a program into an empty slot to solve that issue.

2. As I said in number 1, if you edit a program it will affect all references to it. Make a copy first before editing if you need to keep it unique to the sequence.

3. See number 2.

You can make some program adjustments that are local to the sequence using "Tone Adjust". But that is a limited set of the parameters that are available in Program Mode.

Another thing to be aware of is the insert effects. When you set up a sequence with multiple tracks/programs the IFX from the original program are not automatically copied to the sequence. It's easy to set up the IFX for the first program, just copy them. But there are only 5 IFX slots so you will have to remap some IFX and you can quickly run out of slots sometimes making it impossible to get every program to sound exactly the same as when in program mode.
legsmechanical

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful info! Unfortunately I don't think that's something I can live with workflow-wise. (Especially give that our live sets will be incorporating sequences from multiple sessions with a number of voice edits.)
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setup part can take a bit of work and its a change from Motif for sure. But after setting up the sequences its one button to switch to the next when playing live.

Personally, the only limiting thing I found with the M3 is the number of IFX slots. I ended up with 2 of them to get around that. The Kronos has 12 slots so not so much of an issue.

But the Kronos has the same basic workflow as the M3 so if that doesn't work for you then don't bother looking at the Kronos.
legsmechanical

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Great to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: