Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REQ: INS file for M1 VSTI. Yes there's an actual reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphod77

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: REQ: INS file for M1 VSTI. Yes there's an actual reason. Reply with quote

I have a handy little VSTIhost midi driver.

I can naturally and have) attached the m1 vsti to it. it does function.

bank 0 appears to be the original factory combis.

i have no idea what the other banks are.

I have a Virtual Midi Piano Keyboard.

It takes INS files to define what bank is on what so I can select instruments.

So i have need of the INS file to map combi and prog presets/cards to the midi banks.

it seems the xg bank changing method works to change to other banks (from my testing)

The midi implementation chart doesn't say how to change from combi to multi or program mode.

it also says LSB specifies the bank to 25, but i've gotten some banks higher than that to do stuff.

(EDIT found the answers)

It appears that bank 0 corresponds to combi m1, 0 to m2, and that this holds up to m21. past that it goes k1, u1 through 4, then t1 to t11. banks beyond that seem to go to t11.

I hacked together a bare INS file that grants access to all the combis, though it doesn't have the patch names (i had no handy full list, and i can't just copy and paste them out of the program itself).

If it were in prog mode, this same INS file would allow access to all the progs, and this time i could label them as someone else did post a list.

Would be nice if there was a midi way to switch it in and out of combo, multi, and prog mode for the VSTi version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: