Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Percussion sound in Ethno Ocean combi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lili50

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Percussion sound in Ethno Ocean combi? Reply with quote

I'm new to synths in general and very new to this Kross -- just got it a week ago and I already love it.

I play in a band that could really use a tabla backup, and I love the one in the Ethno Ocean combi, on my Kross it's in Favorites B15. Can that percussion sound be found anywhere in Programs or is there a download? Thanks.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

All sounds on the Kross are inside the box and can be reused in other programs and combis.

The Ethno Ocean uses the Orch & Ethno kit. Pre listen to it via Programs/Drum-SFX/28.Och & Ethno kit. You need to play the keys to hear it.
In the Ethno Ocean combi, the drumkit is driven by the Arpeggiator using pattern 896 Dr-Raga-Matic.

Best is that you copy the Ethno Ocean combi, so that the Arpeggiator and Drum kit are already setup correctly. Then you replace the main instrument by the one you like.

Have fun.
lili50

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. Does the online manual explain how to copy the sound and do the revisions?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yep it is all in there. To give you a head start, you may read the chapter on editing combis, from p43 of the Operations Guide.
The combi you are looking for can be found under Category Guitar, nr 12. You need to start from, because if you access it through the Favorites function, you can not edit it.

Timbre 1 to 5 are the ones making the main instrument sound. Those you need to edit or disable to your taste. Keep the other timbres as is to start with. E.g. 6, 7 and 15 take care of the percussion you are looking after.

Afterwards, don't forget to save. Press exit to get into the main screen, press Function, choose Write Combi: rename it, Choose new, a category and a free slot. Writing combinations is explained in the Parameter Guide at p94, but refers you to p63, Writing a program, because it is almost the same dialog window.

Have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: