Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick -y as volume control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M4MyIndia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Joystick -y as volume control Reply with quote

Hi

I would like to set my Joystick -Y to control volume.

For a particular sound, If I move the Joystick towards me, I want the volume to decrease and on release , it should restore the volume

Is there a way to configure this ?

I tried the following
E.g. Sound Flute.
Mode Sound >> Menu >> Filter >> and on the Filter LFO Mode tab (third tab)
I see certain settings for the Joystick - y
If I increase the Joystick settings and move it towards me, I get a sort of vibrating noise to it.

I am not able to find how to set the volume to the Joystick -Y where in korg mentions it as an assignable control
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Joystick -y as volume control Reply with quote

M4MyIndia wrote:
.. would like to set my Joystick -Y to control volume.

In Sound operating mode (SoundEditor) each time you can see Joystick Y (vertical downward direction = CC#02) assigned for AMS-parameter (Alternate Modulation Source) to control an oscillator, the specific function assigned to this parameter will be triggered by Joystick Y.

In case of your sound flute frequency modulation AMS (Joystick) is used to adjust the speed of LFOs for the selected oscillator and you get the vibrating noise as you described.

If you selecet AMS Joystick Y for AMP-Level-parameters you can adjust functions of AMP-Volume with your Joystick.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
M4MyIndia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Could you please explain it more clearly ? Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to help me.

Quote:

In Sound operating mode (SoundEditor) each time you can see Joystick ...

Did u mean in the sound mode or is there a separate Sound Editor is available ?

If you meant the Sound Mode ?
Could you please tell me the menu sequence ?
Right now its controlling some filter. I am attaching a video for making my question clearer.
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-_Znr6gEdQ&feature=youtu.be
[/url]

~ OR ~
Are you saying that there is a sound editor that I can download separately and connect my unit to the PC ?
Could you direct me to that ? It would be great coz I am having a slight eyesight issue and a PC Editor would be of tremendous help.

Once again Grateful for your help.

Regards
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Joystick -Y as volume control Reply with quote

M4MyIndia wrote:
.. there is a sound editor that I can download separately and connect my unit to the PC ..

Hello,
Sound Mode, Sound Operating Mode or Sound Editor are different names but it is always the same where you can edit and listen to individual Sounds. This sound editor is nothing separately available for PC but built-in-function in Pa-Keyboard.

In sound-mode a selected Sound always is played across the full keyboard range. If you want to solo one selected oscillator then use page menue to mute the other oscillators of a sound (select again to unmute the other oscillators).

Everything is well described in manual of Pa900, where you can find a large section "Sound Mode" between page 201 through 230.

In menu Amp:Amp Mod you find settings that allow you to apply modulation to amp (for each oscillator) to modulate the volume. If you want to do this with Joystick Y set Parameter "AMS" in AMP:Amp Modulation to "Joystick Y" and set its parameter "Intensity" to -99. Now you can use Joystick Y to reduce Volume of a sound.
You can not use an Assignable Switch instead of Joystick Y, because it is not found "Joystick Y" in the List of Assignable Switch functions (on page 356).

But you can use the "Assignable Knob" instead Joystick Y, because "Joystick -Y" can be set as seen in "List of Assignable Knob functions".
PS: Especially it also is important to enable Joystick function for each of the Upper Keyboard tracks, where you want to use your sound with Amp-moded volume. It is to enable in menue Keyboard/Ensemble : Keyboard Control.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: