Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity Program Editing from numerous sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Trinity Program Editing from numerous sources Reply with quote

Having used the Trinity this Summer for a dozen performances of Jesus Christ Superstar, I was really impressed with the quality of the sounds. So I bought a 61 note Plus model.

Perhaps the best approach is to explain what I want to do.

I want to set up a bank of Combis that map whatever show we are doing as was achieved in the aforementioned JCS.

I have loaded on various disks (PCG files) that have sounds I would like to start with.

However when I load another disk, the previous sounds will be overwritten (obviously)

Is there a way I can cherry pick the programs I want off various PCG files and amalgamate them into one PCG file then create the combis I want without doing everything from scratch in the built in editor?
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

You can do it manually, but it's incredibly long, fiddly and tedious.

However, if you have a PC and a MIDI interface, check out Trinitro:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18508

It's a free Trinity librarian and sound editor. Makes moving your Programs as easy as dragging and dropping and/or copy and pasting. Then you can leisurely set up and edit your Combis afterwards. It can load/export PCG files natively, but can also send and receive PCG data directly between both the Trinity and the PC over MIDI (via a MIDI interface), without needing floppy disks/drives, so the best of both worlds.

Another librarian app is PCG Tools: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl
jonstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks for that.
Program looks very useful
I will have a play and see how I get on.
Jon
laith_SE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
Hi Jon,

You can do it manually, but it's incredibly long, fiddly and tedious.

However, if you have a PC and a MIDI interface, check out Trinitro:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18508

It's a free Trinity librarian and sound editor. Makes moving your Programs as easy as dragging and dropping and/or copy and pasting. Then you can leisurely set up and edit your Combis afterwards. It can load/export PCG files natively, but can also send and receive PCG data directly between both the Trinity and the PC over MIDI (via a MIDI interface), without needing floppy disks/drives, so the best of both worlds.

Another librarian app is PCG Tools: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Hi,

I tried trinitro but it keeps giving me this message when I send a file to my korg trinity keyboard " no response from trinity " ! Any clue ?!

Regards,
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you've set up the correct MIDI options in Trinitro (View > Options... Midi tab) relating to your PC's MIDI interface?

And the correct hardware connections? (PC MIDI Out to Trinity In, Trinity Out to PC MIDI In.)

As well as configuring Trinitro (View > Options > My Keyboard/Module tab) to match the same options as your own Trinity?

Not to mention checking the Trinity options itself via the Global pages, to match the correct MIDI channel (Global P1), and enabling the relevant MIDI data filters (P2)?

Otherwise I'm unsure what else to suggest, other than check the MIDI connections, cables, or drivers for your MIDI interface, or perhaps even try a different one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: