Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CX-3 v2 crashing - any help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbob42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: CX-3 v2 crashing - any help? Reply with quote

I can play for 10-20 minutes and I lose all my sounds. Everything dead, drawbars, patches, etc. except the percussion works, turn it off an on, everything. If I split the keyboard the lower half works fine.

Turn it on and off - all good for 20 minutes.

Any thoughts? HELP!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the time to loss of sound consistent from use to use, even after a powercycle?

pbob42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty consistent - doesn't seem to be related to anything that being played or touched. I can try to time it.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a job for a Korg tech guy to look at. Replacing the mainboard has been a cure for some folk that have had loss of sound issues, coming in at around $600, so not cheap. Component deterioration over time, exacerbated by those components heating up when powered up, may be behind the problems you're having, and will difficult to track down without a range of decent test equipement and a schematic. Replacement components for the CX3 are becoming hard to get hold of.

There's the open it up and have a look inside and wiggle a few wires option for starters. Some experience of electronic circuitry would help.

pbob42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY - volume seems to decay to about 60% of norm as you play. Tend to get some volume spikes if you hit keys that are next to each other at the same time, then volume drops out. Lower keyboard (on split) and percussion work after the failure although after a while the lower keyboard will drop out.

I did have it all come back for the first time the other day. That is new.

Any input is appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: