Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Keys repair FAIL (power stage voltage levels needed)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diegoc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Volca Keys repair FAIL (power stage voltage levels needed) Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm hoping that someone here can help me with my problem. A friend of mine used the wrong power adapter on his Volca Keys and it stoped working. He brought it for repair to a store and after a few days they gave it back to him saying that the problem is in the power stage of the circuit, but that the IC costs as much as a new unit. Of course this is BS so I told my friend to give me the unit. As I opened the unit I realized that the service they gave it was just terrible. Now i'm trying to figure out if I can revive this Synth, but I haven't found the Schematics on the internet (and I'm afraid I wont).
Does anyone have the Schematic, or at least for the power stage? If not, does anyone here know what the voltages should be on the marked items of the images? The Diodes look like they were removed and soldered back again but poorly.
I see some bridged solder points on the IC marked with yellow, unfortunately I can't read the part number so I can't read the Datasheet, but I believe it is a Voltage Regulator. And the Fuse that should be inside the green square is not there anymore! They definitely gave it the worst service they could.
If I know the Voltages I could have a better chance to find where the problem is. I know that in the IC (yellow square) the pins shouldn't be bridged.
If I know with which Voltages the Unit works, I could even build a separate circuit for the power supply and bypass this stage on the original circuit.
Thanks in advance for your help Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: