Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa900 "C" notes recognition right hand issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa900 "C" notes recognition right hand issue Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Today I had the opportunity to play at store the Pa900. I`m thinking to buy the "Pa3X Le" but it was not on exhibition so the only way to have an idea about the sound quality and styles was to play the Pa900. Being an owner of the Pa500 the Pa900 share many similarities on the sounds and styles, but I noticed a issue that happens also on my Pa500. Playing a style the left hand notes are properly recognized..., but on the right hand sometimes the C note is not played. This happens not frequently but to make it clear every 20 "C" notes played randomly one fails without sound and happens in every octave on the right hand.

This happens in the same way on my older Pa500 and the first conclusion is that Korg use the same keyscan device on the new Pa900 without addressing this issue.

My question is if someone noticed this issue on Pa900 / Pa3X Le or maybe is my way to play..., I don`t know but I have another arrangers a Technics KN2000 and microArranger both units working properly.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say about your "C" issue. Have not had that happening to me on my PA3Xle. In terms of sounds and styles, there are a lot of similarities on the PA3xle to the Pa900 as well as differences. One of the major ones is the new piano on the PA3Xle. It is a definite step up from the 900 sound. As well, the keybed is more "piano" feeling than the 900. Semi-weighted rather than synth feel. Seventy six keys and metal casing also sold me on the 3Xle. Great gigging keyboard. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Pa3X Le... a wonderful machine !!! On my first playing the line outs audio quality and phones levels seems to be perfect, no dynamic range issues on the DAC output stages as the previous Pa500...

http://alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar/2012/04/korg-pa500-dynamic-range-improvement_04.html

Also the vocal harmonizer ion Pa3X Le is very powerful and precise. About the keys action is the best that I have today on my studio... top quality keys better impossible !!! No issues found on the right hand C keys.

One question is to know if the vocal harmonizer use a dedicated DSP from TC Helicon or share the same PCM samples DSP (know as the tone generator EDS chip).

I hope this new acquisition Pa3x Le will last a lot of years, because is so beautiful, like fine furniture. Cool )

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: