Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Grand Stage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Korg Grand Stage Reply with quote

www.instagram.com/synthjam
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows it sound? Come with VR headset ... Smile
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67

Last edited by Hooked On Sonics on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No display???
afr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small OLED display like the miniligue
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long awaited SV-1 replacement
wma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did guess it write on the teaser picture that it's a stage piano but hope there is still an other keyboard to appear - a performing synth maybe

and also wondering where is the successors for pa600/900
afr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:
I did guess it write on the teaser picture that it's a stage piano but hope there is still an other keyboard to appear - a performing synth maybe

and also wondering where is the successors for pa600/900

No more news

Grand stage is a multiple sound engine piano, as far as I understood on a video on Korg fb page, is still a prototype
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat in the on the demo by the great Jack Hotop of the GrandStage. 88/73 key versions. Both are very compact--I could find no wasted space with the 73.

Pianos included:
New Italian Grand (assume Faziloi)
New Yamaha Upright
German Grand
Yamaha Grand
Austrian Grand
Berlin Grand
New CP80

I believe the seven engines are:
SGX-2
EP-1
CX-3
HD-1
AL-1
Vox Organ
Farfisa Organ

Comes with 400 programs
Splits (not sure about layers)
Might be a way to bring Kronos sounds into the Grandstage, don't know. Obviously a lot of crossover but the Kronos is bar far more programmable and flexible (combis, set list, sequencer, etc.)

No indication of timeframe nor price.

Heard there will only be 100 of the gold Kronos made!

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Sat in the on the demo by the great Jack Hotop of the GrandStage. 88/73 key versions. Both are very compact--I could find no wasted space with the 73.

Pianos included:
New Italian Grand (assume Faziloi)
New Yamaha Upright
German Grand
Yamaha Grand
Austrian Grand
Berlin Grand
New CP80

I believe the seven engines are:
SGX-2
EP-1
CX-3
HD-1
AL-1
Vox Organ
Farfisa Organ

Comes with 400 programs
Splits (not sure about layers)
Might be a way to bring Kronos sounds into the Grandstage, don't know. Obviously a lot of crossover but the Kronos is bar far more programmable and flexible (combis, set list, sequencer, etc.)

No indication of timeframe nor price.

Heard there will only be 100 of the gold Kronos made!

Busch.

Curious, was the GS positions as the next step forward signaling the end of the Kronos line of workstations? Did you get a chance to get up close to it. Folks were reporting that the UI screen is really small, as a proto type, hoping that will change.

I'm sure Jack's playing did, but did the sound of this instrument give you a WOW factor?

Finally, do you know if this is what Korg promoted as the "FUTURE"
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That color is really uggly, will there be different colors?

By looks the RD2000 competitiin wins by a huge margin...

Interested to conpare them both soundwise and keyfeel wise... the roland pha50 keybed is out of this world, the only thing that can compete with Kawai for realisme and keyfeel..

Maybe Korg will surprise us...

Also wondering if the Italian will come to the Kronos... i think this migh be the first Offspring of the Oasys/kronos engines
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-

Well I hope they sell a million of them so all the cash can go into the next Work Station.
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will only work if it is a heavy bargain.

The extreme lack of controller surface is something which no halfway serious band musician would even consider, unless it is really, really cheap.
I would never ever buy something like that.
pink elefant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interessting. I use my Kronos mainly as piano, epiano and organ. For me by far the best rhodes emulation for live use on the market. For synthsounds I use my Prophet 6. I definitly would buy this Kronos version focused on the use as stagepiano. But ... the nice thing with Kronos as piano is that I can put 4 different effects on the controller knobs 5,6,7 and 8. So I can bring in reverb, distorsion, reverse delay and rotary effects at the same time with the level I want. Wonderful f.e. for electronic-chansons-style music. THIS is a big advantage because I don´t need fx-pedals for great ambient effect variations during playing.
The Grandstage is missing these controllers. Why ????? Crying or Very sad
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
-

Well I hope they sell a million of them so all the cash can go into the next Work Station.

New VOX and Farfisa engine, combined with Kronos engines (and new piano samples)

If you combine this with all the little small and bigger ipad engines, there is definately enough engines to give a new workstation a considerable boost...

But how about marketing the product Korg? Its been presented yesterday and not a single video on youtube? Would love to see this in action...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: