Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No sound through headphones or mono output options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
campbellauren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: No sound through headphones or mono output options Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently bought a MicroKorg used from a guy who was using it with midi connections to his computer and am having major issues figuring out how to get sound out of it. I did a factory reset and have made sure that the 'local' is on. I have my headphones plugged into it now and can't get anything from it, also tried running it through my amp and still got nothing. All the lights are working fine and I'm able to switch through the parameters with no issues. I've been reading other forum topics centred around this issue and most seemed to have been fixed with a factory reset. I emailed the guy I bought it from and he said he never had any issues with it so I don't think it's a hardware problem. It's probably something super simple that I'm overlooking but as a newbie to the microKorg any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, when I turn the volume pot all the way up, I can hear the faint hum of the machine so I don't think it's a volume knob issue either.

I've read the manual and am totally dumbfounded...

If you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know.

Thanks.
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long as the volumes are all turned up then it may be possible that a wire to the output board or ribbon cable is disconnected. I've never opened mine up but being a Tech that would be a definite check for me if you're electronically minded. Be careful
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another members post below

Maybe the local setting is off? That means that the keybed sends out the MIDI to the connector on the back, but not to the sound engine of the board itself. And thus the internal sounds can not be heard.
1 Turn Edit Select 2 to MIDI
2 Turn knob 2 (Local function) to the right till the display shows 'on'.

Good luck.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What happens if you play the demosongs?

Bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: