Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hooking up Volcas to a Focusrite 2i2 ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JC777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Hooking up Volcas to a Focusrite 2i2 ?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm very interested in Volcas recently and am looking to buy me a Sample and a Bass but I need to know how to hook 'em up to my focusrite 2i2, if that's possible..

Specs :

2 line/mic/instrument combination inputs – high quality XLR/¼” TRS Jack Combo
2 Line/Instrument switches
2 Gain knobs
2 Gain halo signal indicators
48V Phantom power switch
Direct monitor switch
Large monitor level dial
USB Connection LED indicator
Headphone output - ¼” TRS Jack
Headphone level knob

----

I'm not looking to send midi information to the Volcas, just to be able to monitor and record them as I jam.

I'd also like to add Distortion / Delay / Reverb pedals in the mix, I own a DI Box too.

What kind of cables or configuration I'm looking at?

Thanks alot!! :)
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JC777
Yes that's all doable with that spec...edit..NO its not- problem with midi. See below.
The interface has a direct monitor switch which will be useful (for not having to rely on your software for setting up the monitor and it will be zero latency as your volcas route direct to your outputs).
You will need to go dual mono on your inputs, instead of a stereo pair and this will need setting up on your daw. Cables for this will be stereo 1/8inch mini jacks > 1/4 inch mono jacks for each volca, with only one of your mono jack channels used for each input (on focusrite). The volca sample has stereo pan (i think) but just sacrifice this and never use it, keeping you Vsample mono. Then on your software set up two mono tracks fed from left & right inputs respectively.
Don't worry about TRS inputs ,tip sleeve 1/4 pair is what you need,with single TRS 1/8 on other end (for volca output sockets). Two of these cables.
I've just noticed ..no midi sockets on the focusrite..problem syncing your machines to your comp unless you find a cheap midi interface. There is a free app called SyncKontrol by korg, for setting tempo via your mobile. It's easy to use , but will only set a rough tempo and without sync start in your sequences. You would have to do it by ear ,which would take a bit of work, but worth using if nothing else.

The peddles will easily fit in. Just by an extra 1/4 mono jack TS for inbetween volca & peddle.
JC777

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply man :)
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your.welcome fellow Smile
I ment to say at the end TS jack between peddle and interface, not volca & peddle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: