Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos LS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldascanio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos LS Reply with quote

[quote=

I read somewhere that this new LS model will be priced the same as the regular 73 key model. That would put it at $3400 street, just $300 less than the standard 88 key version. I guess that makes sense, it does have the same guts as the standard one, just a different keybed.

Paul[/quote]

Distributor in Argentina is listing the LS comming in March.Weird think here is that's priced 27% higher than Kronos 2 73 and even 19% higher than Kronos 2 88 !!!!!!
...No sense for a non weighted keyboard without even aftertouch :-S
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos LS Reply with quote

ldascanio wrote:
[quote=

I read somewhere that this new LS model will be priced the same as the regular 73 key model. That would put it at $3400 street, just $300 less than the standard 88 key version. I guess that makes sense, it does have the same guts as the standard one, just a different keybed.

Paul

Distributor in Argentina is listing the LS comming in March.Weird think here is that's priced 27% higher than Kronos 2 73 and even 19% higher than Kronos 2 88 !!!!!!
...No sense for a non weighted keyboard without even aftertouch :-S[/quote]

some early buyers typically are willing to pay more. Dealers, distributors know this.

I agree, would not touch it with the high prices. I am not sure where the value is.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think at the very least Korg should throw in one or two extra libraries into the LS to make up for the lack of aftertouch. That would also make it more marketable. I'm hoping it comes to the States before summer fest season starts. I could use a board like the LS.
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit surprised to see a somewhat lack of enthusiasm (interest) here for the Kronos LS..
I mean, at least from the gigging guys... I think this is great news, not only reduces weight but the lighter action/piano waterfall keys is a great compromise for piano based/organ and synth based playing.

And i absolutley love the fact the bottom panel is metal and not wood Cool

Great pics from all angles on this site: http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/08-431145710

I would prefer they made the LS 73 key version instead of the 88 (or at least in conjunction with...) but it's all good

Oh and BTW, the lack of aftertouch is not close to being a deal breaker for me, i would rather it had it, but not restrictive for me. I really don't use it that often, even less on piano style keybeds.

*EDIT: I just realized, why is this thread not on the Kronos section...? Think
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great for gigging!
If my Kronos breaks or gets stolen etc... I will probably pick up the LS.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world Korg didn't make it a 73/76 version just astounds me. Gigging musicians want light, compact boards. While the LS is in the right direction, it's still very long in its length and I gotta believe most that want 88 keys are going to opt for the weighted version. A 73/76 would have hit the mark right on the head for the weekend warrior, which most of us are. Rolling Eyes
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Why in the world Korg didn't make it a 73/76 version just astounds me. Gigging musicians want light, compact boards. While the LS is in the right direction, it's still very long in its length and I gotta believe most that want 88 keys are going to opt for the weighted version. A 73/76 would have hit the mark right on the head for the weekend warrior, which most of us are. Rolling Eyes

+1 Very Happy
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a 76 note version with the 61 note keybed. Would be great!
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
it's still very long in its length and I gotta believe most that want 88 keys are going to opt for the weighted version.

Dunno. As I get older, I think I would appreciate a lighter touch for my hands.

As to aftertouch- well, it's an 88- there ain't NO pianos extant that have AT, so I don't see it as an issue. 76 or 61 synth-action? Yeah: I'll bitch like hell about omitting AT; but an 88 is for pianistic style, and that excludes AT. If you need it, cowboy up and bring a second keyboard that has it.

MIDI is your friend for that.

..Joe
wma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as yiu guys talking about the keybeds, if somebody please tell me how the action on the kronos 61 or the m3 61/73 differs/compares with the action on the pa900/pa3xle - fatar tp9s weighted with aftertouch is the keybed used on pa900 as the one used on novation sl61 & ni komplete kontrol s61
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
I would love a 76 note version with the 61 note keybed. Would be great!

Thats probably what everyone wants...

So why give it to them? Thats much to simple...
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No AT in any size workstation synth is a pain. I wish the minilogue had it but the price was right for the cost of the LS I expect AT, deal breaker for me. I would buy the weighted version instead. Good thing they have both.
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
No AT in any size workstation synth is a pain. I wish the minilogue had it but the price was right for the cost of the LS I expect AT, deal breaker for me. I would buy the weighted version instead. Good thing they have both.

The AT "need" question varies according to each one's needs and the type of music one plays the most.
I've always been hearing lots of guys rave or complain about AT all the way since the late 80's when i started to play synths/workstations and for me, while it's always good to have, is in no way a "fundamental" thing to have. I've always hardly used it anyway. There is a lot of other controls you can assign the AT function to.
That being said, i've always been a "piano" kind of guy rather than a "synth'y" one, even if i play a lot of synth... Smile
And i always have two keyboards with me, synth action on the top one. That's a minimum requirement for me. Can't be on stage with only one keyboard, i would feel totally naked.
I really don't get this "one keyboard on stage does it all" trend this days Rolling Eyes
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:

I really don't get this "one keyboard on stage does it all" trend this days Rolling Eyes

I'm with you there. I was recently asked to play in a band (well, about 18 months ago now.) I wanted to pare down the rig, and the best I could come up with was a 76-key and 61 key 2 keyboard setup. Three boards used to be my bare minimum, but with how simple music is today, I didn't see the need for 3.

Dunno. I think keyboard players have guitar envy- the guy who can carry in his entire setup in one go, that they feel the need to do the same thing. Well, that and how basic most keyboard parts are today- I used to play a lot of Genesis and Journey, and Styx, and Mr. Mister, Simple Minds and Tears for Fears, and a whole lot of others, and there's no way people today can do that on one board; the one-finger and block chords of most new stuff today? Yeah, there's no reason to spend a lot of money on high-quality stuff for that dreck.

..Joe
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:

Well, that and how basic most keyboard parts are today- I used to play a lot of Genesis and Journey, and Styx, and Mr. Mister, Simple Minds and Tears for Fears, and a whole lot of others, and there's no way people today can do that on one board; the one-finger and block chords of most new stuff today? Yeah, there's no reason to spend a lot of money on high-quality stuff for that dreck.

It's best if we stay away from generalizations (there's no way - yes, there is). I did the same thing for years, with only one board (OASYS). I was able to deliver all the necessary sounds (just like on a CD), on one keyboard (albeit a 88-key model), without a single problem. Why would I carry two keyboards if I can do it all on one? Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: