Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Origins of 01/W multisamples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Origins of 01/W multisamples Reply with quote

Some of the samples of the 01/W I've always wondered about their origins...

Do you think "VS" multisamples from the Prophet VS? Also I LOVE the 01/W's choir samples......the synth AHH is one of my fav. synthy choir samples as well as the regular choir....wondered where the 01/W strings came from too...just so warm and fat sounding...but still at the same time enough cut to make them stand out so lush but not too dark! Nothing like 01/W fat anastrings! I don't care about "REAL" sounding....my music doesn't call for an accurate representation of an oboe lol...I'm all about synth sounds.

Just wondering about those "VS" multi samples(I think they may be considering they're lumped in with the vintage synth section of the multisample). BTW,I could listen to this all day:

Mellontikos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a whole bunch were probably from the prophet, and another bunch were from the DW8000 (like that famous DWGS EP).

You're right, the 01/W's choir is still my favorite choir sound. It's a perfect sound to mix in for Dance/Trance music.

No idea where the strings stuff came from. I'm guessing they sampled real strings out of an orchestra for some of them?

The FM EP stuff (like the DynoPiano, and Digi Years) sounds like custom DX7 patches.

I think the 01/W gets overlooked as just an M1 on steroids. But really it's the first Workstation of the time that had balls.

I still have a regular 01/Wfd and 01/Wpro, and I still love them as much as when I got my first 01/W back in 95

It's crappy acoustic piano really hurts it though. The space race to the perfect A. Piano made the 01/W forgettable to those not interested in the other sounds, which is fine for me, as I sampled the best stuff onto my Tyros, and get people coming up to me all the time, blown away by the sounds they hear (I have my favorite 01/W and SY99 sounds sampled in to the Tyros lol. I also use them in Reason)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: