Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using SV1 with Yamaha StagePAS 400i

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpng

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Using SV1 with Yamaha StagePAS 400i Reply with quote

Hi

I am using my SV1 with Yamaha StagePAS 400i and I couldn't EQ to the sound I like - which is what I am hearing from the headphone.

Does anyone has the same SV1/StagePAS 400i set up? and can you share with me some tips on how to EQ it to a better sounding sound.

Thank U
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the nature of the difference between headphones and the speaker sound? Do the speakers lack top or bottom end, or does the sound lack "width". Is there distortion? Are there any sounds that seem particularly affected e.g. piano?

Headphones and earbuds of reasonably good quality generally give the most faithful sound reproduction possible, and the sound they produce tends to be coloured to the least significant degree by other influences. Speakers, on the other hand, tend to have cavity resonances, because the baffle behind the speaker cannot be made infinite. The porting arrangement can also significantly colour the sound. The speaker cones may have resonant modes, the cabinet itself may radiate, plus the sound dispersion pattern is likely to be different for different frequencies. Add room resonances to that mix and substantial colouration to the sound is the net result. The effects will be different for different room environments, and even more so when the speakers are used outdoors.

Most sounds, but especially good quality acoustic piano, sound best when heard in stereo, and are actually quite disappointing in mono, so ensure the speakers are operating in stereo mode and also that the audio cables from the SV1 to the speakers are not "mono-ising" the audio to the speakers i.e. use two audio cables, one from the SV1's left output jack, and one from the right output jack to the respective L and R inputs on the mixer to the speakers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: