Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X frozen in Live Gig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Dear Pete, Thank you, As you know We are few persons that Digs in it!

but, on stage front of so much people with frosen KB, is realy hard to explain.
Especialy if the song is one of the best and the audience are on top of it.

KORG, must must must help us out, and i,m sure they are triying at the moment.
I can just say one thing, WE here have manny sollution on this OS, And we can Provide to solve things to gether.
+1
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
What was the style - was it and its sounds all factory?

It's a user style that I use about 4 years without any problem.
It has samples.
I spent hours for cleaning my set from corrupt files and samples, deleted all of them.

Quote:
You on v3 or v2?

Version 2.0.1.
No UPS.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pa4x frozen Reply with quote

BR wrote:
As a user for me the corrupt data does not make any sense because when I load my customized set I do not get any
error message and it works like a charm.

For all PaSeries users that also believe on this statement , I have a verification method that you can use and confirm that indeed all
of your custom sample resources are valid and good working !
- Open your SET/ open SOUND folder and load individually one after the other all USER01 - 0X and then USERDKs Banks.
- If you have invalid or missing samples of any SOUND there you'll get the warning window at the end of Bank loading "not all samples are loaded ,
some samples are missing
" ...
- This essential warning never appears while loading the whole SET and this should had changed since 15 years , but KorgPa developers never paid
the required attention to improve this lack and users are loading migrated resources that were made in old PaSeries with incompatible STY code or
missing samples without a single OS warning about it ...
- Gray samples , that is exclusively users fault in older PaSeries when they had tried to load MS without enough remaining Ram and most of those
samples were loaded corrupted , is still a major issue that OS can't recognize and handle !
- PaSeries OS should prevent from loading samples of a MS that do not fit in remaining Ram , it's a matter of just a few lines code ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Listen and Learn , Antony has Spoken.

i have told you 10 times,
KORG OS programmers can fix this if they want to set files maded on pa 800 / triying to fit on 900 etc couses many problems , Why load function and Units triying to load even when it,s not gonna fit on ram?
Stop the loading proces directly on OS,
Like a Warning this set is to big for this model XXX etc.
Easy things, but no attention from developer of OS.

And REALY What the heck is new OS?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Pa4X setup is the commercial Ethnic Platinum Edition 800Mb , after the corrective OS v3.0.1 , I decided to load it and you know what ?
It works like a charm ... not even a single OS hang or re-start , all pads are perfectly synced , not even a single issue in FX , Styles ,
Sounds , all are working as before (I never use SB to report anything there) , and I'm already developing new Platinum Next Edition 1,5Gb ...
why ?
Because all of my custom resources were made exclusively in Pa4X and this is the actual secret in PaSeries due to prevent OS crashes or
any other issues , I have mentioned it many times in the past.

As the time interval between latest PaSeries OS and older Pa model OS that custom resources were made is big , the bigger the problem
that you will deal in the future , 'cause the development of OS is based on the newer models only and it's totally reasonable.

One serious detail that almost nobody knows is that meta data of PCG & STY files that are loaded in newer PaSeries , preserve the bugs
and incombatible code of files , even when saved under newer OS , 'cause OS do not verify the whole files code , but only headers !
So , in order to heal old made (f.e. in Pa800) PCG/STY/PRF files , you have to edit every single SOUND/STYLE/PRF in all menu pages with all
parameters and re-save each one separately , only this way you can renew file code and be fully compatible with latest Pa4X OS (or later 5X).
On the other hand if those incompatibilities were strictly checked by newer OS then obviously you would not be able to load your older SET
and reasonably speaking you shouldn't ever expect latest OS to convert with accuracy all older PaSeries files , only Korg KSC source code is steady.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT POST ANTONY - AWESOME - you are such a great asset and inspiration to all of us on these forums

Thanks, and this makes a huge amount of sense to me. (Sorry if I missed your earlier posts re this)

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete
Despite all problems that users with older PaSeries SETs deal with , as a sound developer that creates resources on Pa4X ,
I have to admit that I'm grateful to Korg that provided me for free Pa4X Next that is actually a Pa5X with new interface and
the essential 3Gb potential of custom samples and I will make my customers happy with resources that will work flawlessly.

My only wish for any newer OS is KorgPa developers to bring back the discontinued individual preferences of Styles & KBD
Sets of ultimate features "velocity to fill" & "scanning mode" and at least an extra assignable Direct SET tab.

korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys....when i first loaded V3.01, i didn't load even a single style for 3weeks...

A restart happened at day3,and i let Korg know about that immediately.

So,it doesn't have to do always with faulty samples and styles.
For me,it happened first time while editing a factory style.
Second time,it happened while using the songbook.

Only thing if matters anything was that my pa4x76 was connected via usb and a usb HD connection was established before,so my guess is that it must be either a driver or global settings' bug

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
it doesn't have to do always with faulty samples and styles.

Of course not , (only after factory restore) , it could happen 'cause of net power supply instant failure if a UPS was not connected
or Pa4X low quality PSU failure or instant loss of a media or 100 other hardware issues of specific unit , nobody doubts about
anyone's personal case.
The thing that I know from my own unit that has no hardware issues , is that it's continuously in power on state in purpose almost
for a month with OS 3.0.1 on board , I have loaded 2 GB of custom samples editing them al time , I have also edited and
developed 300 Styles , I have used zero factory resources , midi ports are always "on fire" for processing with DAWs as also
DATA Wheel that in all PaSeries was freezing system in the quick way I edit data , and yes it still works flawlessly !
Despite that , meantime under OS v3.0.1 , I have distributed Pa4X Platinum Edition 800Mb custom resources pack in many clients
and nobody has reported a single issue until now.

I would never bless KorgPa developers since as you all can read in my posts I know all their lacks in all OS , but as it looks I own
a keyboard "wonder" without issues , blame me for that if you like but I would never blame a working OS where I can replicate
zero of mentioned issues with my good standing resources.

Anyway if you can help Korg developers to replicate your cases and only then I hope that they will fix possible OS bugs that you're facing ...

Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also make all my own sounds and styles and have remixed all the factory sounds to a custom resource bkp. My 4x76 hasn't frozen since before i installed OS2.1. Im running 3.0.1 now and not a single issue in the software except occasionally while creating new sounds I will notice that the amp level and regular level locks up like a bus fader so any change in level effects all the oscillators equally. That is only an issue while sampling and has never been a problem for playing live. Pressing Shift+Start/Stop fixes it for the next sounds i create but not the one in edit.
kleant

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to be polite but its very sad and naïve that some people calling them self sound engineers or developers or whatever can not replicate very easy bugs of the NEXT OS V3.0.1 which have been reported and explained a dozen times!

to say that "all pads are perfectly synced" on NEXT OS V3.0.1 its a lie and not true because even factory pads have the pad synch bug which is in fact an OS bug! I have mentioned before if you cant replicate this simple bug which I repeat again its an OS BUG than sorry no hard feelings but you should not be in a position to give advice for other users!

Regarding the putting the blame on users and corrupt samples this is again not true because its the OS on the first place that makes the corrupt samples and not vice verse but anyway I will not argue about this since has nothing to do with the mentioned bugs of the latest NEXT OS V3.0.1

I am aware that anyone its entitled to its personal opinion about the use of the keyboard and the OS but please don't give wrong "professional" statements because you create false lies and impressions even to your self!

As it stand the NEXT OS V3.0.1 has two major bugs the PAD SYNCH and the RESTART ISSUE! This Bugs have nothing to do with user corrupt samples or hardware issues but are purely an OS BUG on every keyboard which has this OS installed - TRUE FACT!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kleant , I'll try to be polite too telling you to get your 21 posts in this forum and give us a brake and when
you'll reach 500 posts and participate in forum issues discussions then you'll be in the position to know who is
sound developer and engineer in this forum and who has the criteria to be respect !
FYI
- Its true that I can't replicate the Pads - sync issue honestly and I challenge all users to make Pa4X
factory restore and try to replicate this under latest OS and then open a poll post to write your results.
- My Pa4X is always turned on since a month (on purpose) , I'm working 12 hours daily for new resources
development and has never shut off , so this is definitely not a software issue , but it could be a hardware
issue for instance PSU overloading issue after OS3 when power dessipation has been increased and PSU of
PaSeries is a poor Chinese SMPS , I've already replace it in my older Pa3X with a design of mine.
If a customer will bring a Pa4X with this issue to my lab then I could tell you with confidence.

Just for the story

kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said sorry and no hard feelings but again you are completely wrong on all your last statements and again you create false impressions about hardware power issues etc...

i gived you the option of a doupt before but since you again claim the Pads-sync work fine ill give up!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry I won't miss you , By the way make a factory restore without loading anything and try to replicate Pad - Sync issue ! Wink

Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all pads are perfectly synched because not all pads and styles are quantized to the same strength and any beat that has the sounds running wet through a compressor as a master effect will slow down or speed up the sync because of the attack time parameters of the compressor and the initial transient shape of the pad. As far as the Restart issue is concerned, Im sampling and programming 8-14 hours daily so if it was a "Fact" of the OS it would have happened to me at least once but it has never happened to me. Im still using the original power cable running into a 15 amp wall socket (i replaced the socketa year ago) without a power strip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: