Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X frozen in Live Gig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are very very wrong thinking that factory restore will fix Pad-Synch Bug and thats what i said before in the first post; its very sad and naïve that some people calling them self sound engineers or developers or whatever are so wrong!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Aripearlmusic about Pads in poor factory resources that I never use !
Anyone that will try to create a new Pad under OS v.3.0.1 with valid parameters will work fine , recently I've done hundreds.
There are some essentials in software enginnering , if at least one device is working flawlessly then source code is correct ,
here we have two of them and I believe some thousands more !

There is a noticeable occurance of issues on a specific kind of Musicians that are dealing with Ethnic Music , most of them are
using poor and badly developed resources of Triton age that migrate from one PaSeries model to next model with serious issues ,
why functional issues are focused mostly on those Pa4X owners ? is it random ? I don't think so ...
My advice for over 8 years was always to pay the proper attention on loading resources , avoid internet trush and always buy or
get resources from trusted developers that have created resources only for your own Pa model.

I have no reason to defend Korg OS , I'm here to help members and share my knowledge with people that know of how to listen !

BTW : kleant , you are dismissed and you can retire ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kleant. I have this "debate" with many of my customers who want a specific sound to be able to play live but don't understand enough about sound processing and playing to know that they cant play it live and that it must be programmed. Try quantizing the pads and editing the sounds used in them to get the sound you want just like every other professional korg player does instead of complaining about what is to be expected. If you want plug and play you should buy a set or program one. Generic stock styles, sounds, and pads have great ideas but many are not finished products and nor should they be. Everyone has different taste/personal preference as far as playing style/mix/sound choice etc.. They are templates for creativity nothing more.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided recently to not get involved in the PAD-sync, freeze and shutdown debates any more.

All I can say is that for some reason, I do not have these problems.
Antony's recent explanations make a lot of sense to me.
The only time I had an issue with PA4X NEXT-OS was when I was loading a huge SET of styles collated by one of our forum members - I had no idea about the source PA models on which it was created etc... many of these styles were from older models too - it was a huge mix - lesson learned!!

I use PADs with my band where I play the PAD BEFORE starting the style (as well as the other way around) and I cannot find fault - I've tried to mess it up starting and stopping PADs at ridiculous times within a bar (measure) completely out-of time and they always sync fine.

OK guys, before you jump at me - I am not wanting an argument but merely pointing out that I do not have these problems.
I have never had a PA-series freeze, nor switch itself off - yes I have had some problems though in the past on previous models (PA1X and PA2X), but these were hardware issues and were fixed.

I am fully supportive and believe the reports of course and would ALWAYS be prepared to try and test things on my PA4X for others - after all, if we can replicate problems then Korg have a better chance of fixing them - so far, I cannot replicate them.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
(Here to help)
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what total naivity im talking about OS BUG factory PA4X styles with pad-synch Bug and you talking about your comercial set that you sell!

Aripearlmusic sorry but even your statements are completely wrong! Please dont confuse OS Bugs same as AntonySharmman with factory restore and "valid parameters" or user configurations!!

I don't want to argue just realise and accept that this is an OS BUG not a user created problem from old styles or whatever! You can not fix an OS Bug by creating custom new pads with valid parameters. if you search a little on this forum you will have the instructions how to replicate the PAD-SYNCH bug on factory pads and styles!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
if you search a little on this forum you will have the instructions how to replicate the PAD-SYNCH bug on factory pads and styles

Tried several of these and just cannot replicate the problem.
In some of these "instructions" the problem is described as "not always" hence it is intermittent, so we are back to not really knowing the full situation and environment.
The permutations of "activities" on a keyboard such as this are in the billions - unless there is a way of replicating in the true sense (i.e. every time) then it is questionable to where the problem lies including "is it really a Korg problem".
kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This maybe explain why Korg has not yet fixed the PAD Bug because the so called sound enginers and developers think the Pads work fine. I dont have time tonight but i will make a video to show the Pad-Bug on the factory styles i hope after will not have again any naïve explanation as "factory restore" Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - that would be great but please provide the detail as mentioned plus identifying anything that is "custom".
Better still, send me the style and pads and I can then try it - but if it is pure factory, then fine.

Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one last time an advice for anyone that claims the out of sync issue , (ignorants are excluded) :
- If you want to check the proper functionality of Pads sync you have to get rid of any non factory resources so your first option
is to make a Pa4X factory restore (Media/Utility).
- Now check any factory pad that you're sure that it was in sync before OS v.3 , since as I was told most of them are not in
accurate sync from birthday of Pa4X and OS v1.
- If you have any doubts , create one using correct sync parameters as described in advanced edit manual and use it in any factory style.
- Now you know as most of us that there's no issue related to OS , else Pete and I have an OS bug that makes our pads fully in sync ... Very Happy

What can probably cause the out of sync issue in a custom Pad that was working before ?
1) Incorrect settings of Pad that are not translated or better not ignored anymore by newer OS.
All Pads that are using factory MS can be easily corrected.
2) The most common , if your pad source is a time-sliced loop , it's obvious that there is the cause of your issues , like self-looped time
sliced samples migrated from older Pa , or wrong time sliced audio parts that the newer more complex OS not forgiving anymore.
3) Missing or gray (corrupted) samples of used MS in Pad.

All those issues will get worst in next OS releases (as I have written before).
All above observations were made mostly in clients Pa3X / Pa4X OS v.2

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested over 150 styles and all their set pads together and seperately and solo and without the beat both with tempo lock and without, with 1/4 note chord changes as well as 8th note and switching the chord recognition settings with memory on and off. I have yet to replicate any pad synching problem and this is after having my keyboard on the whole day. Antony Sharmman knows his stuff may we all be "confused" like him lol
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For V.301'bugs i found,
I was able to replicated them fine more than once,and send the videos back to Paolo!!!!

Difficult to replicate to them on v3.00 though,but that's the reason i kept it over 3.01.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of knowing the details of these "replication" instructions?
I really want to know if my keyboard is going to fail and so far I cannot get it to do that but if you can truly replicate these issues, PLEASE give us some details or even the resources used.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the messages send,but the video files are erased through wetransfer by now...
As i said, i can't replicate them on v.3.00 thought it happened once or twice a restart issue ,and that was i believe because i had my global settings from 3.01 loaded .

korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a fast freeze to try out with v.3.01(doesn't work on v3 or harder to reproduce) :

Enable a HD/SD/ USB connection and explore the disk from your Pc.
Then disconnect again.
Go to songbook.Try this both ways: Either in whole songbook or if you pick up a LIST ,try to switch fast between songbook entries and see what happens. try to search or chose a style though Sb entries now

I made this more than 4-5 times on a pa4x76. Updated through PGK file,if this is relative somehow.Maybe models updated through UPD don't have the bugs or some of them,that's just a thought.

Last edited by korg1 on Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I'll try that - mine is PKG too

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: