Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X frozen in Live Gig
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,i forgot to mention that mine is a 76keys with factory HD

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Enable a HD/SD/ USB connection and explore the disk from your Pc

Disconnect completely mSD and any USB thumb drive and try again to replicate system freeze !
PaSeries were always sensitive with media storage incompatibilities !
PKG & UPD have the exact same OS contents , UPD is strongly encrypted and this will be anymore the future PaSeries
system resources distribution in newer models.

PS About Korg HD : before 2 months , I had extracted from Pa4X factory Tosbiba HD of 500Gb for maintenance
and I found huge free space fragmentation.
It took over 4 hours in my special PC utilities for de-fragmentation , the slowest procedure I've ever seen in a HD for over 15 years !
Also I advice users not to tranfer folders in HD via enabled USB port , folders created in PC / Mac contain attributes and meta data
that can't be recognized by this Linux version and can lead to system freeze , you can transfer solid Pa files though.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is PKG too and i have had a few reboots. I believe it was MY fault though as i was fiddling with the OS these times...One time it happened unexpectedly but after reloading everything it never happened again...
There is a bug (or more) causing the reboots and i know where and what triggers it but i can't see how this could happen in normal operation....Corrupted resources or unclean "drive" before updating could be it but no time to research in more depth...
The os should handle and clean or not load at all any faulty resources in my opinion so these would never occur but maaaybe in a future update....
Also pkg vs upd have more differences than just encryption...
And it is not only related to pkg vs upd but even pkg (or upd group) models are different on their own in production batches...
Yes the executable linux runs is the exact same but the boot loader and/or some related files are not!!
Never researched about pad sync issue or tried to replicate so no personal opinion on that...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,Wanna reproduce a restart?
If i remember right,do this :

MEDIA--->USB--->ENABLE HD. Check if the drive appears on your pc,try to navigate into the drive for a while,and then DISABLE connection again.

Now go to songbook.Go to SETLIST.
Chose a setlist from your Direct set ,andenable setlist edit .
Now press songbook and use filter to find any sb entry you want,and when you do that,then ADD TO LIST .

Now press WRITE on lower right corner to write the setlist....
OOOOPPPSSSSS......a restart maybe?

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
ok,Wanna reproduce a restart?
If i remember right,do this :

MEDIA--->USB--->ENABLE HD. Check if the drive appears on your pc,try to navigate into the drive for a while,and then DISABLE connection again.

Now go to songbook.Go to SETLIST.
Chose a setlist from your Direct set ,andenable setlist edit .
Now press songbook and use filter to find any sb entry you want,and when you do that,then ADD TO LIST .

Now press WRITE on lower right corner to write the setlist....
OOOOPPPSSSSS......a restart maybe?

Going to test this next time i ll be on 4x with 3.0.1 installed (tested a lot of things so i m moving between the versions) and report back!!
Never using songbook personally so this could be another trigger!
Thanks for (re)writing the procedure!You saved me some search time!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Guys What the funk is wrong with you?

Antony, Abi Wink Chill down a litle bit, The KB itself is not Bug free so pls, I have big respect for you , you know that but come on, I have video files i can paste here, and belive me it,s BUG,s

Why getting mad, see the fact and try to solve this with KORGIES

I have one Q, Is Korg gonna fix this problems or NOT!

And when?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Asena , first read carefully what I've posted , nobody have doubts that some of you face issues , that I'm trying to examine is what is
exactly the cause that enables those issues in OS and Pa system.
Since as an expert in PaSeries , I can't replicate mentioned issues in Pa4X factory or my fully custom Set , means that OS v3.0.1 is not
responsible for those 2 famous issues of sync & restarting , for other bugs , all are possible and it's commonly known from KorgPa OS history.

Therefore in order to address those issues you really face , you have as first to listen to my advice and clear all external resources via factory
restoring and try to replicate them in a clear installation with factory resources with nothing else loaded.
- If you can't replicate them , then the cause of issues is obvious ... custom resources & files.
- If you still have the same issues under factory restoration then we have to find out what might cause those malfunctions in some users ,
OS installer / hardware / or any other possible reason and I'm willing to do my best helping you.

Real OS bugs , soon or little later , will be all addressed by Korg if can be replicated , that's for sure for a flagship product that Korg has
invested instead of releasing Pa5X.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will write it once again : In my case, nothing was loaded on pa4x for3 weeks,that means it was all factory resources only.

I would be very upset if someone tells me that i paid so much money on a keyboard with a crappy HD.

The HD has 431Gb free of 465Gb,so if there is any fragmentation issue so soon,that probably means that HD is a really cheep one,and that's a shame for Korg.

We are suppose to save our ''precious material'' there.
All our sounds and styles....something that some of us work for many years.

Even crappy HD,there is no excuse for that restart,or freeze or whatever is happening.

Korg can give me back the money i paid 2-3 years ago,and i will buy an arranger that will actually work ,even if it doesn't have that ram or HD or possibilities. It will work....

What is happening with pa4x is just unacceptable....

D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why my same backup file from OS V1 and OS V2 which has been rock solid pre OS V3.01 install and only post OS V3.01 install I am now seeing on occasions at random using factory styles with factory PADS and factory sounds this PAD sync issues which many are reporting across this forum... then when i revert back to OS V2 this PAD sync anomaly is no longer apparent ?... Surely the contradiction is between OS V2 and OS V3.01 ?....Could it be then if OS V3.01 is NOT responsible for this issue this would suggest that OS V1 and OS V2 where poorly constructed because we should historically be seeing inconsistencies like PAD sync issues or similar malfunctions seen with OS V3.01... and my backup file is apparently the real perpetrator regarding this PAD sync issues and korg would now appear to of made a mistake by allowing me to have a stable rock soild operating systems pre OS V3.01 which of course in my instance would include my backup file ???

Last edited by D575 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
I will write it once again : In my case, nothing was loaded on pa4x for3 weeks,that means it was all factory resources only.
I want to make my self crystal clear !
When I say no external files , I mean no PCG contents loaded , I mean no previous Global file loaded , zero external Direct
SET assigned , zero previous SB entries loaded and no mSD/USB media storage drives or devices connected ...
This is the factory state and under this state we can begin testing any newer OS behavior and then add external parameters & files.

- Pa4X HD is not a crappy HD , older and outdated yes , but the main problem in PaSeries is that communication Port is not SATA
as HD was designed , but instead the old and slow packet protocol USB 2.
- Magnetic HD possible fragmentation would never reduce the overall size of HD so the contents of 34 Gb there are indeed
files (valid or corrupted) that you have created/copied.
- Only flash cells driver can reduce the overall size of SSD/Flash drive when cell groups are destroyed.
- I have also saved in factory HD all GBs sound resources of all Wavesart PaSeries standalone libraries and
bundles for fast access , and they do not occupy even the half size of your HD contents !
- Heavy fragmentation of a HD can easily crash system if you browse for files in it.

korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all know what Factory state is.....nothing external was attached on pa4x ,nothing loaded,no global loaded,no PCG, no mSD/USB media storage drives or devices connected as you said,Just the internal FACTORY HD.

I just gave an example using the Direct set's songbook,for a let's say even easier way of replicate the restart.

I am sure,you can replicate it using the internal ''FACTORY'' UNTOUCHED SONGBOOK,as long as you keep the procedure step by step.....

This works for V3.00 ,V3.01 as well...just try it and let me know

BUT this isn't a normal logical way of thinking...
So,we will have a HD,but we can't use it?
we must not put files in it or folders ?
Or even browse the hard disk?
There is no common sense in that....

we can use only the factory songbook and entries ,but not anything else ,otherwise our keyboard will restart ,become blue and transform maybe to a Genos?

We can not load our styles under the fear of a restart? Nice flagship product ....i have to say i can't accept that logic,i'm sorry

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you with Song Book , I have deleted all entries and this won't change in my current programming state ,
I had mentioned that from the beginning , so this might can confirmed by someone else that is willing to help.
I've never loaded OS v3.0.0 , I had waited for this latest corrective release , as also soon another one will follow.
Maybe there is a bug there that triggers restarting , but for me that I'm not using SB , restart has never happened under OS 3.0.1 ,
only sometimes system freeze after 14 working hours in environment temperature over 35 degrees of Celsius during hot summer ,
under all OS and all PaSeries and I owned all these years.

Anyway , all that were needed to be mentioned by me , are already written scattered in many posts above for anyone who is interested
so good luck with your bugs , I won't tolerate any more aggressive behavior for my valuable time that I spend sharing my knowledge.

All the best

Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have big respect for Antony and his knowledge, I have almoustly all the set,s he is selling and creating. So far so good, BUT, i,m also a Keyboard player since 40 years back, I had all KB brands and all Korg series.
I can see that Some of the great functions are not included on newer units,
I can hear difrences between the KB,s even if Korg says There is no difrence on 900/800 700/ 1000 etc.

The system is the same they are improving from 80/1X/2X/3X 4X 5 X etc etc.
When they come out with 2X it was the same OS but better and more flexible,

After some time they added more things like you can Read NOTES , and so, Now on the 4x KARMA(Wich is not KARMA) it,s not even close, But funn if you can handle it.
In my opnion the best thing korg offers for now is the Style files for Pa Series, my bigg Thanx for the people behind that, 17,18,29,30 etc Style Bank files.
They are PRO maded and The Style programmers are realy god on todays music market!
No more Rumba Mamba Cha Cha , Wiener!!!
What i don,t get is that How can Korg make this OS unstable and giving it out?

I have never seen anything like this.

And For My Friend And (ABI) Brother , Yes you are great on sounds i love them i,m using them evry gig, BUT, If i send some of my vid,s you will not say some of the things you are saying repetitly , Like The samples are 3,rd pers, The Samples are missing and more.
YES there is some seriously bugs on the KORG Pa 4X, and YES there is many people that claims KORG for it, Yes my KB lags some times, Yes The Pad Sync & SB is not a lie!!!

And YES the unit shuts down, And it has nothing to do with Missing samples or Power stuff!

I have 2 PA4X front of me, And Same set file worx great on one 2.2 unit, and Not Working on the 3.0 or 3.1, WHY=?
Also remember that KorgPaManager is a tool from Us, And the Developer is like my brother, So I can delete Grey not founded Files Samples etc, And even than the Pad,s are not sync.
I must say that, we are all in the same boat, Some of us are Experts Some Home Musicians And Some Is like me Gigging 3 times every week,
So for me I,m hoping for an update, WHY becouse KORG Told me that they are gonna Make An Working OS.

I respect people behind the scenes, KORGIES, YES I Do, And i,m hoping that they will fixx all this, So we can Make Music instead of chatting here .

I Love Music And I Love to Digg in it, So give me all you got, and i make evrything with that.

Anthony is a great resurce and realy kind person, I think all the forum is like a family, So be patient, And Lets see what korg can give us in few week,s.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The compression algorithm source code on OS V3 is different from OS V2. It allows compression of samples twice as long as the compression limit on OS V2.2. Thats just one of many changes to they way the keyboard treats and stores the PCM. PCM which stands for Pulse Code Modulation is a filing and streaming system for the Samples to be able to recall and play them in real-time. The tech was developed for telecommunications. If one sample in the PCM stream is corrupted or missing it will disrupt the sample streaming and cause a variety of issues like a restart or a freeze or even further corrupted of otherwise good data. Instead of arguing for not fixing your set (by removing corrupted samples and resaving everything custom or modified into 4x format) like it's korgs fault you should either pay someone competent to do it for you or fix it yourself. Everyone i know who makes and uses only their own sounds and styles has no complaints about the new OS besides the color scheme (until they do their first gig with stage lighting and see the advantage of it)
ponkine

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to suspect that all these bugs, shutdowns and everything else from the OS 3.0 were done on purpose to give the Pa4X a programmed obsolescence (pretty much like iphones) and then release the Pa5X

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: