Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best midi comtrollers of 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have from vsl/vienna instruments BÖSENDORFER IMPERIAL got it for about 90$, it's really great and when effects appled to it also, would be a win to sample it or some of it and use it in samplers/keyboards

and also got from them SE Vol. 1 STRINGS when there was an offer & also the SE Vol. 2 WOODWINDS

those are really great stuff - preffered over real instruments from NI
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, those are really powerful sounds.

That's the kind of overall sound I'm after and why I'm thinking of moving over to NI as a platform. In addition to what it comes with, Kontakt as a sampler is pretty open ended.

I've an Alienware laptop that's just perfect for running all this. i7 4.4Ghz, 4core 8 threads, 32GB RAM.

Regards
Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Indeed, those are really powerful sounds.

That's the kind of overall sound I'm after and why I'm thinking of moving over to NI as a platform. In addition to what it comes with, Kontakt as a sampler is pretty open ended.

I've an Alienware laptop that's just perfect for running all this. i7 4.4Ghz, 4core 8 threads, 32GB RAM.

Regards
Sharp.

NI is a perfect platform to start with, almost everything is there... and then you just need to add the jewels to the crown..

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/187/madrona-labs-modular-synthesis

Incredible nice nifty synths by Madrona and a joy to toy with..

NI NKS is top knotch for studio use... works flawlessly when embedded into a DAW or Mainstage...

Also keep an eye on Akai VIP, which is among the same lines as NI kontrol, but with better support for effects and live sets is more suited as a standalon host for live gigging..
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi Chilly.
I've no clue where your going with this now. I don't see how you would need to bring religion into a discussion about analog making a comeback in the way your saying.

Sharp.

Because todays businesses are raned by money and greed. They do only what makes them the best money profit. They hate my Master.

Restoring full path analog music which will be available for consumers will not be restored by this model of todays behavior.

It can be restored only by unselfish love.
Because to restore full path analog music industry will be extremely hard task and you cannot get the best money profit of it.
So it can be done only by unselfish people who want to make people life better with out care about business.

It must be done on government level of country.

All governments of all countries with no exceptions are secret Satanist or open ones. They will never help in is.

By forecasts of Orthodox Christian saints which are made in different times, from 15 years ago to few hundred years ago and even up to that one which is one of the oldest forecast of this event even written in book of Apocalypse : The forecast is that by this year 2017 or by next year 2018 there must be no more Russian Federation and other countries on territories of destroyed Orthodox Christian Rus' Empire but will be restored Orthodox Christian Rus' Empire again with monarchy by old way with real and true Orthodox Christian king. Who will be exceptionally truly loyal to my Master. And my Master is true God which is in Christianity.

And this person cannot not not help in this good thing.

1. To do it it heeds to donate extremely big money for this. So big factories will mass produce only high end quality analog music equipment . No cheep junk.
2. Also there needs to open research labs to restore lost technologies and create new for analog music equipment.
3. Patent law and copyright law must be fully disabled so it will not slow down progress.
4. Law which forbids to make junk and low reliability products. For example full warrant for all equipment must be minimum of 25 years or more. There will be some constrictive exceptions like tubes, strings and etc. ( And even that will be very precisely monitored by government because i have heard that if vacuum tube to make it truly vacuum it must serve infinity time but this is not done on purpose because of business reasons and vacuum tubes are made with defects on purpose that some air slowly goes to it so that's why it breaks. ) .
5. To do mass promotion and explanation to people why full sound path analog music equipment is better then digital. And why digital by it's nature never will sound as good as analog.
6. All products must be maximum possible safe level to people and have protection even to the worst stupidity.
7. All production must be done ecology friendly and by renewable resources.
8. Forbid foreign import of low quality products and also forbid domestic production of low quality products.
9. All production and research must be brought back to our country.
10. Fully cancel membership in World Trade Organization.
11. And many other things.

Because if i come with this to anybody they will look at me like at clown at best. But at worst they phisicly kill me at first sight. Because they do not care about people. They care only about them self. And modern business model have no human face.

But person who is fully loyal to my Master must help in this. Because you can spread word of my Master by many ways. By writing, by speech and many other ways.
So spreading word of my Master by music will be better by full path analog music equipment then with digital.

Also most people today listen music on low quality music equipment.
But even the best digital equipments existing today and even the perfect ones which exist in theories which would require infinity CPU power RAM and Disc storage cannot recreate analog at full resolution because of Mathematic nature which modern digital is based on.

Digital sound will be still available for things where sound quality is not necessary. Like for recording fire departments, police and other sound recording where sound quality is not necessary.

But with good sound quality good talented artists can deliver their good talent at full potation.

Also it will be hard to pirate analog music so artist will be payed good.
Because todays digital streaming madness totally kills independent artists. It is even worse then digital piracy.

Donald Trump who is Christian has some good and healthy ideas for America. But exact things must be done here as well in Orthodox Christian Rus' Empire when Orthodox Christian Russian king will come. Many people looked at Donald Trump as clown. But i think he is right. I wish the best to American nation. And similar things must be done here in my land by our king when he will be crowned by my Master.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's what you believe, fair enough. I find all this complete nonsense and in many ways your being a hypocrite given how much high end digital technology you own. You support the very companies you say are evil by buying their products.

How's that Apple taste? Your Mac Pro dustbin didn't come cheap.

Sharp.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, I see where you're coming from, but I think you need to take a step back and recognise the unique nature of what is being proposed here.

Seriously, where else will you get a nationalist, monarchist, sectarian, environmentalist call for authoritarian imposition of technological uniformity in the interests of artistic profitability and religious indoctrination?

I kind of want to print and frame this post. It's special in so many ways.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that I find all this complete nonsense, I've nothing of value to add.

Sorry.

Regards
Sharp.
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
If that's what you believe, fair enough. I find all this complete nonsense and in many ways your being a hypocrite given how much high end digital technology you own. You support the very companies you say are evil by buying their products.

How's that Apple taste? Your Mac Pro dustbin didn't come cheap.

Sharp.

Did n't i told you that before?
Ok i tell you now again if i did not or did.
It's looks like i did not put a singel cent of my own money on music equipment i own. I never was rich. There where a wary small period of time of few months when i was working in student residense in Canada and i were payed about 2000$ a month.
Awry thing i own were gifted to me. Equipment i own now where gathered probably for 15 years.
I do not sell even a singel peace of my music equipment in the hardest time like now because i use it to make the Christian music.

I do not charge anything for music i make. All music in the best possible quality which allows my equipment are available for free for download. Ads are disabled on Youtube and on the web site so i get nothing from that too. The only thing i want to add if some people can get the music for free but want to pay for it. But at this point i still did not find such place. I do not do music for money for other artists and never will. For all time i make music no singel person donated me anything.

And i do not care that nobody donated me or payed me because i make music not because of money or other self profits but i make because i want to make music i was not able to find from other artists. So other people can enjoy with me to this music. And i have no shitty excuses that because it is free it must be crap or junk. I make music the best i can.
The music i make is not for awrybody because even if i charged money for it not many people are interesting in it.

I am more poor even then a church mouse. Right now i even do not have money for food. I must be already dead by now because nobody wanted to help me people i contacted. But i go to Russian Christian Orthodox Church in Ukraine to eat as homeless. And the government in Ukraine we have right now wants to shut down that Church.
Some little money to pay for Interned and etc gifts me on regular basis a church priest who i even hardly know. He gives me his own money or money which where gifted to him by other people. He asks nothing in return. And he gains nothing in helping me. But he loses in helping me.
I do not pay for my flat and utilities a fwe month already. They can turn off water or and electricity. Or they can kick me out of my home completely.

99.99% people i was asking for help ignored me or spoken like demons to me. And trust me i did not contacted some random as*holes.
But i was contacting to one the best people on the Interned who make look them self as very kind an nice.
And at this point no of them helped me.
Because the truth is they do good things exclusively on video cameras or in other words they do good thing only if they can gain self profit out of it.
But they do not do good things if video cameras are turned off and Mass Media is not recording them. They do not do good things in just for the sake to make somebodies lives better and gain nothing in return.
But i am continuing to search for people who are not making them self look like kind and nice but who are like that for real. At this time i did not find even a singel person.
But i am trying.

P.s.
By the way. I really notice that something going on with music i made. It where changing by it self and continue to change. And there appear things i did not do originally. Mixing changes. Some unhuman creatures start to sing. The music starts to sound if some real musicians where performing on real analog equipment. And etc. So i think my Master who is Christian God might do something to this music. Because i did this music with zero intention of self profit and i did this music only because of love and in the name of my Master.

Of couse let say some might say that it is a some kind of Youtube compression but i still do not know any compression which might bring some voices there , change mixing, add sounds and change performance and etc but this is not just on Youtube. The original files i keep on my computer and for public download change the same as Youtube version in conjunction.

Ofcause original files sound better then Youtube but changes are equal.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chilly
The reason why I find everything you said nonsense is because you say one thing, and you do the complete opposite.

I'm not even going to debate this with you as I don't see any point in stressing you or wasting my time. I'd rather just step back and let you believe whatever you want. It's not hurting anyone, so not my problem.

As for you asking for donations and nobody giving you any. I have no idea what way you asked others, but the way you asked me had all the alarm bells of a scam. Asking you questions only made matters worse as you were unhelpful to your own cause.

Regards
Sharp.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really claim to follow your entire thought process but a guy I work with puts his stuff on Spotify and iTunes but ALSO for free on SoundCloud and is up-front about it. If people want to pay, cool, if not, they can still use SoundCloud. Seems easy enough.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly, like others, i'm totally speechless as well, so I'll limit my comment to your music production only.

what makes you think this is a "Christian music" track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPt8jFNn4s&list=PL9NxbUaDDGYahNtFLH8h_te91BsW4eMrQ&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJIV_3JqU0&index=8&list=PL9NxbUaDDGYahNtFLH8h_te91BsW4eMrQ

Obviously, I don't understand those spoken words, but everything else is just some unorganized random DRONE/Experimental type of sounds. It would make more sense to present this type of work as a stock Sound effect/Sound track library than actual "Christian Music" tracks. Even then you would have to cut these super long confusing tracks into smaller clips with a purpose and polish them. This is no "God's" music. Trust me this has nothing to do with YouTube compression or the gear you used!!! This is just something you recorded...You want to listen to some Godly/heavenly music? Listen to Monteverdi ...Bach and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiK1wEzkm0&t=471s

chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Chilly, like others, i'm totally speechless as well, so I'll limit my comment to your music production only.

what makes you think this is a "Christian music" track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPt8jFNn4s&list=PL9NxbUaDDGYahNtFLH8h_te91BsW4eMrQ&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPJIV_3JqU0&index=8&list=PL9NxbUaDDGYahNtFLH8h_te91BsW4eMrQ

Obviously, I don't understand those spoken words, but everything else is just some unorganized random DRONE/Experimental type of sounds. It would make more sense to present this type of work as a stock Sound effect/Sound track library than actual "Christian Music" tracks. Even then you would have to cut these super long confusing tracks into smaller clips with a purpose and polish them. This is no "God's" music. Trust me this has nothing to do with YouTube compression or the gear you used!!! This is just something you recorded...You want to listen to some Godly/heavenly music? Listen to Monteverdi ...Bach and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwiK1wEzkm0&t=471s

Why it is popular the opinion that Christian music must be some guy playing acoustic guitar or some kind of choir.

In Old Testament it is seid by God that God will like any music which hails God made by good sounding instruments.

So i have nothing against when some guy plays Christian music on acoustic guitar or some Christian choir is singing, and i think it is fantastic, but Christian music is not only that tape of music.
Electronic music can be Christian if it hails God in the correct way as well as any other tape of music.

The lyrics of that song is( it is not the full translation):

0:00:00.000,0:00:25.040
Go to God.
What is the most important for me?
Who loves me the most?
Who does me only good?
Who gives me only verity(truth)?

0:00:29.520,0:00:42.800
God=Holy Trinity. Holy Ghost God. God Son. God Father.
Eye of God.

1:58:39.920,1:59:38.800
God says, God says.

2:00:15.920,2:39:43.920
Go to God. God is waiting for you very much.
God truly loves you.

2:48:27.440,3:09:44.880
What is the most important for me?
God says: I am the most important for you.

God is the most important for awrything with no exception.

3:59:04.240,4:13:14.160
Who loves me the most?
God says (who's words are 100% backed up by actions.): I love you the most.

God is love.

4:58:08.560,5:18:01.520
Who does me only good?
God says (who's words are 100% backed up by actions.): I  do only good to you.

God is good.

5:19:52.880,5:45:34.000
Who gives me only verity(truth)?
God says (who's words are 100% backed up by actions.): I give you only verity(truth).

God is verity(truth).

6:04:25.520,6:19:26.640
God is the most important for awrything with no exception.

6:20:48.560,6:29:15.440
God is verity(truth) good love.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why it is popular the opinion that Christian music must be some guy playing acoustic guitar or some kind of choir.

Because that's exactly what you find most people playing.

Quote:
Electronic music can be Christian if it hails God in the correct way as well as any other tape of music.

Yeah, but what you are playing would scare the $hit out of the kids at Halloween. It's pretty dark stuff that runs for hours in some cases.

Can we please keep this thread on topic? Keyboard Controllers...!!!!

Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the NI S61 Controller.
It comes with komplete select, so I'll wait until I have that installed and registered before upgrading select to ultimate. Should save about 200 Euro by doing it this way.

Looking forward to getting this all up and running.

Sharp.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Just ordered the NI S61 Controller.
It comes with komplete select, so I'll wait until I have that installed and registered before upgrading select to ultimate. Should save about 200 Euro by doing it this way.

Looking forward to getting this all up and running.

Sharp.

Enjoy your trip mate... the NI kontrol software works very well
And komplete ultimate offers everything you will probably ever need...

Tough, spectrasonics keyscape/omnisphere
Pianoteq
Arturia V-collection
Hallion 6

would be on my list to.....

I still think that the first one that adds vst controll like NI NKS to its hardware workstation... has a winner at his hands... everything running on the pc and the workstation being the controller and the audio interface...

Just crossbreed this new keyboard with the Kronos...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: