Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg, Any new update?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: korg, Any new update? Reply with quote

I think it is a time for new updates....

what are you waiting from new updates?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: korg, Any new update? Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
I think it is a time for new updates....

what are you waiting from new updates?

Musik Messe is next month, i guess they will announce a major update 2.0 at musik messe and we will see it live early summer...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to put 10 quid (£10) on at the betting shop that they are waiting to see what yamaha are going to do with the Tyros 5 replacement ??...... I would put another 10 quid (£10) on they all ready have some ideas what form that will take?? So could it be like a fighting strategist they are holding off further development with any new updates for the PA4X so they can counter this new arranger from yamaha with a damage limitation manoeuvre as it comes into the marketplace and then korg might present this long awaited update (would need to be substantial) all at the same time ...so until then we wait!....but if this Tyros 5 replacement is anythink like my new Montage i will have a very keen eye on this new development coming from yamaha ....

Last edited by D575 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Yamaha to make serious inroads into the Pro Market they need to take a leaf out of Korg's design and make any new Tyros far more like a Workstation aka Kronos/Pa4x.

The PSR styling still smacks of Home Use and the large footprint of the Tyros is a nightmare for gigging. No touch screen either ( a serious omission in my view )

I do hope that Korg can kick the ball and not only finally iron out the OS, the bits that don't work that well, plus some new features, sounds, styles and attend to the limitations of Insert Effects.

We have waited long enough to see this !
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
For Yamaha to make serious inroads into the Pro Market they need to take a leaf out of Korg's design and make any new Tyros far more like a Workstation aka Kronos/Pa4x.

The PSR styling still smacks of Home Use and the large footprint of the Tyros is a nightmare for gigging. No touch screen either ( a serious omission in my view )

I do hope that Korg can kick the ball and not only finally iron out the OS, the bits that don't work that well, plus some new features, sounds, styles and attend to the limitations of Insert Effects.

If anything like the montage, the next Yamaha high end arranger will be a dsp powerhouse ... and near impossible to lift by your own..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:

absolutely agree ......

Last edited by D575 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
mintjamman wrote:

If anything like the montage, the next Yamaha high end arranger will be a dsp powerhouse ... and near impossible to lift by your own..
PA4X 76 and the montage 7 are not too dissimilar in weight.....about the same to manage but yes if they continue with the same foot print as tyros + a metal jacket that would be heavy but RND should work that out
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think D575 is right in what he say's about any updates.

My only concern with that is the Tyros 5 replacement (code-name Genos ??) is not due to be launched until around November (so it appears). If you allow three or four months for Korg to work to produce some form of O/S update then we are looking exactly a year from now.
Seems a long time to have to wait for any advance on the current PA4X O/S.

As a 'novice' player who probably only uses around 25% of the keyboards capabilities my sympathy lies with our more advanced owners who delve deeply into the sequencing, style creation, and sound modification, etc. The current O/S appears to be not as stable as it should be.
For me, it ticks most of the boxes. Obviously there are things I would change, but the quality and quantity of the sounds is quite staggering. I have over 1,000 styles in my factory and user sections (thanks to my dealer).
Serious question on the styles front. How many styles do owners expect ?
I ask that because I am constantly told how Yamaha have so many more styles than Korg.
If Korg could sort out the bugs in the O/S to help the more advanced users, I think I'd be happy to wait till the end of the year for an O/S update with additional features/ new styles/ new sounds.

Chris
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love an option for pa4x to import Oassys programs like it does already with Triton's.....it would be nice to load that karro strings,dont you think?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First i hope that they can fix this buggs!
I,m a Pro Sound designer/Programmer .
When this happens i,m not so inspired.
There is so many buggs on this unit, and i,m really tired to wait
See the video.

https://youtu.be/ds4CgZjTZLU

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
First i hope that they can fix this buggs!
I,m a Pro Sound designer/Programmer .
When this happens i,m not so inspired.
There is so many buggs on this unit, and i,m really tired to wait
See the video.

https://youtu.be/ds4CgZjTZLU
Surprise Surprise... you are now person number 5 with the same problem that I have reported on here ...hardware or software that's the question??.......
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think this is Hardware Problem.
I think The Os crashes whit some set files from older Korg ,s like 800, 600, 2X etc.

But this is still Problems for us users.

So in term, FIX IT KORG!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the electromagnetic solar storms coming from the sun are impinging on the internal workings of the PA4X .... ridiculous I hear you say... humm....fake news...maybe...what else are we left to do but speculate...BUT what I can say "confidence is running thin here especially if you are playing live".....
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play live, four hours a night, five nights a week, and have used the P4X for this for the past 14 months. The only problem I've ever had was the display latch, which was repaired under warranty.
I play styles, a few midi files and an occasional MP3. I haven't updated to the latest OS, but the prior one works great for me.
I use some styles from Musikant and other places. I have had a few that don't work right, so I delete them.
At my age, it would take something really special to entice me away from the 4X! I love it!
Having said all this, I do understand that users who delve more deeply into various operations have had some frustrating problems and I hope they are addressed soon.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
I play live, four hours a night, five nights a week, and have used the P4X for this for the past 14 months. The only problem I've ever had was the display latch, which was repaired under warranty.
I play styles, a few midi files and an occasional MP3. I haven't updated to the latest OS, but the prior one works great for me.
I use some styles from Musikant and other places. I have had a few that don't work right, so I delete them.
At my age, it would take something really special to entice me away from the 4X! I love it!
Having said all this, I do understand that users who delve more deeply into various operations have had some frustrating problems and I hope they are addressed soon.
Hi DomM I'm the same in general terms I also love playing this keyboard and play every day, my associated problem with other has happened on three occasions over 4 months and if I had been out live ...well can you imagine ...my band members would sack me, so at the moment they (my band members) are out as a duo (singer and guitarist) as I'm not happy until I can be sure of some stability fortunately they are holding their own as a acoustic set but are keen to have me back with them and of course the PA4X is just the tool to make us sound great and im glad your self and other are performing without all this trouble so with some new actions which I have taken or may be korg will get a handle on things here, I hope to be back out in June when we have a important function at the company I work for so in the mean time let's see just what will transpire from Korg...it's good to here your out there and thing are working well with your PA4X so with that in mind fingers crossed it won't be too long before we can feel the same .

Last edited by D575 on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: