Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Korg Krome being controlled by external software!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SingerChick1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Help! Korg Krome being controlled by external software! Reply with quote

Ok, so I am way new at working with my Korg Krome, please help! I plugged my USB midi cable to my Krome, ran it to my Windows laptop, installed the correct driver, etc. I downloaded the Krome editor app, and have it synced to my Krome so I can control it right on that editor program on my laptop (i am running my Krome through my PA for my speakers. My issue: if I unplug my Krome, while still having the editor open and laptop on, I can hear my Krome through my PA speakers and still play the keys. But if I shutdown my Krome, and turn it back on, no sound! Through some panicky moments, I was able to discover that I have to plug back in the USB cable, and put the Kromer editor back on (while keys are still plugged in to my PA) and then I can hear/play my keys normal. Wtf! Why is my Krome NOT disconnecting from the editor software on my laptop? How do I get my Krome to control itself again?? I have tried other forums and read my manual cover to cover- nothing even talks about this issue! On a side note: I have tried unplugging the USB cable before and after I have turned off my Krome. I have turned the editor off before turning off my Krome, no luck
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is MIDI local control set to "on"? It's in Global P1, MIDI.

Oh, and never disconnect the Krome from the computer when the host application is being used. Always close that first, then disconnect the Krome.

One other possible issue is the order of connecting the Krome and driver installation. The drivers should be installed before the first connection of the Krome, else there's a good chance the generic MIDI driver will be installed instead of the Korg-specific drivers. You may need to uninstall any drivers and then try again. Once the Korg drivers have been installed, the computer should utilise the correct one for the Krome.

SingerChick1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Thank you!! Reply with quote

Thank you Voip! I apparently don't know jack still about this beautiful keyboard! I went to my Global setting P1-MIDI, and changed it to "local control on". It fixed the issue right away.

I normally close out my apps first, then turn off my keys...but because this issue happened I tried turning off the keys first since I couldn't figure out why I was still being controlled by the app!

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it highly Smile

Carolyn
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome is a complex beast under the hood, but the beauty of it is that it is capable of giving a lot of musical pleasure without needing to dig too deep into the menus, and when one does, it's a great learning tool, to boot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: