Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to configure OASYS pads for use with KRONOS?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: How to configure OASYS pads for use with KRONOS? Reply with quote

I have an OASYS connected to KRONOS as an external controller. The pads work, but they do not reproduce the chords that are assigned to KRONOS. How can I configure the pads in OASYS?

Last edited by media-igor on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
media-igor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How to configure OASYS pads for use with KRONOS? Reply with quote

Thank you. The problem is solved.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how annoying that is? To come and ask for advice, then figure it out but not bother posting the fix? What about the next time someone has this issue, or are you only concerned in helping yourself?
media-igor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear that you are annoyed here! I just wrote that the problem was solved so as not to bother people. If anyone is interested, how the problem is solved - he just might ask. And please do not pour your annoyance in this forum! Evil or Very Mad
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still we don't know how the problem was solved!

media-igor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

Everything turned out to be simple. It is necessary on OASYS itself - to adjust to the desired pad - the desired chord. For this, OASYS - in any of the Programs (on the Basic / Vector page - Pads) or Combi modes (on the EQ/Vector/Control - Pads) - you need to adjust the pads. And, of course, save the Program or Combi to OASYS. You can, of course, do this in SEQ mode in OASYS, but since in this mode the required * .SNG file is not automatically loaded, it's probably more convenient in Combi mode (there you can also select the desired MIDI channel for each pad).

PS.
In OASYS - not very high-quality pads.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what you are saying is "you need to reprogram each pad in the OASYS to match the pad notes in the Kronos" - this is just wrong and a lot of unnecessary work.

If you configure the OASYS to send the MIDI CCs for the pads (instead of the notes) and the Kronos to respond to those CCs, you can play pads on the OASYS and have them trigger the chords that are stored in the Kronos, without reprogramming anything.

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, to reinforce what Stephen is saying --

The pads respond to MIDI CCs or MIDI notes. Once you configure them, on both the Oasys and the Kronos to respond to the same set of MIDI commands, then you can control the Kronos pads from the Oasys (or vice versa). Alternatively, you can use any MIDI controller to send those MIDI commands and your keyboard will play whatever you assigned to the pads.

GLOBAL mode:
Controllers/Scales ==> Controllers ==> MIDI CC# Assign - Vector Joystick / Pads

Personally, I set Pad 1 to 8 using the lowest MIDI notes C-1 to G-1. I programmed my FCB1010 footswitches 1-8 to send those same notes. Now, for whatever notes or chords I assign to the pads for any COMBI, the FCB will play those notes or chords as needed. It has become an integral part of my playing style, sort of like a 3rd hand. Wink
media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I do not speak English. If possible, explain in more detail. I realized that instead of additionally programming the OASYS pads, do you need to assign the corresponding SSs to them? Yes, this method is, of course, simpler and more universal. I assign OASYS in global mode to pad # 1: CC110. However, no changes occur. As before, when you press pad 1, - KRONOS plays a chord that depends on the program / combi OASYS. Pads 2-8: "off", but Kronos still reproduces when they are pressed on the OASIS. What am I doing wrong?

What is the use of assigning in a global mode to a single pad of a single note? Apparently you can use keyboard keys instead of pads?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In OASYS Global > MIDI > MIDI Routing Setup, make sure that "Pads MIDI Out" is set to "Pad CC/Note". I think you must have it set to "Chord Notes".

With it set to "Pad CC/Note", it will send the single controller number or note that is assigned in the Global Controllers page. Then, you can have the Kronos respond to that same single CC or note number in the Kronos Global Controllers page. Then it should trigger the chord stored in the Kronos, not the chord in the OASYS.

Also with regards to the "single note": In the OASYS and Kronos Global Controller Page, you can use the CCs that are assigned by default, or if you touch the popup menu for each pad, you also have a choice of note numbers. So you could use the single MIDI note numbers 0 to 7, for example, instead of CCs, for devices which only send note numbers and not CCs, such as perhaps the footpedal board psionic is talking about.

media-igor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen, Many thanks! I will try to understand.
media-igor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I managed to figure it out and get the right result!

The question remained:
- Why, when using nanoPAD2 - everything works correctly, regardless of the global settings of KRONOS?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos software recognises the nanoPAD2 and automatically configures itself to work with the controller. If a different nanoPAD2 scene is selected, then the mapping is updated automatically.

media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I managed to set up Kronos, as mentioned above. But there was another problem. I tuned the chord I needed to the lowest note on OASYS 88. This is note A0. But now this note reproduces the chord tuned to the pad in all SNGs (Combi)! Is there a way to disable the playback of the pads in individual SNGs (COMBI)? I did not find it.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
Yes, I managed to set up Kronos, as mentioned above. But there was another problem. I tuned the chord I needed to the lowest note on OASYS 88. This is note A0. But now this note reproduces the chord tuned to the pad in all SNGs (Combi)! Is there a way to disable the playback of the pads in individual SNGs (COMBI)? I did not find it.

I'm not sure what you are doing.... Wink But you should be able to "disable" pads in a combi by setting the MIDI Channel of each pad to something that is not being used, on the Pads page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: