Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boot freezing problem 1.2.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
erwinor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
i would say the kronos is the Jewel In The Crown for korg and if I had there accounts in front of me we would probably see some answers to your questions......

Yes its the flagship of Korg workstations.........so does Pa4X for Korg arrangers.

Its in the same price range so I wouldn't expect less for the same amount of money!!
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yiannis wrote:
D575 wrote:
i would say the kronos is the Jewel In The Crown for korg and if I had there accounts in front of me we would probably see some answers to your questions......

Yes its the flagship of Korg workstations.........so does Pa4X for Korg arrangers.

Its in the same price range so I wouldn't expect less for the same amount of money!!
Absolutely agree with you ....
mstodola

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that the video does not show the repair engineer how you came into the locked state. Is it while you are playing a specific file? Is it during high polyphony moments? Or is it random? The video only shows that the unit is locked and needs the panic button pressed. When I'm holding the sustain down too long and I have many sounds playing, and I'm pounding on the keybed, I can get any of my keyboards to hick-up from time to time and lock with a sound such as I saw in the video. I think I've been able to do it with my Oasys, PC3, Yamaha's, all of them. My PC3 has a panic button for this (which I've used recently while running a huge Setup) so does my Yamaha MOX. I usually lighten up and use more modules to produce the sounds so the keyboard isn't so burdened.

By the way Korg says in the manual (page 1057) that it has a panic button. It's the Start/Stop switch.

I think at the moment the Korg team can't reproduce your problem, so they are confused. I would give them a lot more specific information on how you came to have the sound stick in a locked state. Even bad power can create such lockups.

I'm not making light of your problem. But if it happened to me with two completely different keyboards, and others are not having the problem, I would look at what I was doing that might create the situation.

Mitch
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by D575 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
I would think that the video does not show the repair engineer how you came into the locked state. Is it while you are playing a specific file? Is it during high polyphony moments? Or is it random? The video only shows that the unit is locked and needs the panic button pressed. When I'm holding the sustain down too long and I have many sounds playing, and I'm pounding on the keybed, I can get any of my keyboards to hick-up from time to time and lock with a sound such as I saw in the video. I think I've been able to do it with my Oasys, PC3, Yamaha's, all of them. My PC3 has a panic button for this (which I've used recently while running a huge Setup) so does my Yamaha MOX. I usually lighten up and use more modules to produce the sounds so the keyboard isn't so burdened.

By the way Korg says in the manual (page 1057) that it has a panic button. It's the Start/Stop switch.

I think at the moment the Korg team can't reproduce your problem, so they are confused. I would give them a lot more specific information on how you came to have the sound stick in a locked state. Even bad power can create such lockups.

I'm not making light of your problem. But if it happened to me with two completely different keyboards, and others are not having the problem, I would look at what I was doing that might create the situation.

Mitch
Very good mains power supply here in the UK + I'm running a large HQ 3kva stand alone balanced power suppliers built to a military specification, panic button did not respond, and others ARE having problems unfortunately also previous PA4X owners with these problems did receive replacement keyboards loaded previous back up files and hay presto no more problems, so more to the point these problems are being duplicated on other owners Pa4x's so if korg can not replicate these issues then I'm suprised they seem confused?........we can go round and round in circles... so as I said previously it was probably unfair to ask you but thanks for considering "are" problem 😊

Last edited by D575 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:

Nice tip, thanks. (Actually, it is a shortcut. Shift-Start/Stop switch)
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's been that combination on Korg arrangers for ever.
mstodola

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to share the answer to this problem.

If someone says they have a problem with their Pa4x and he the repairman cannot duplicate it, in other words the unit seems to be working perfectly for the repairman, there would be confusion in his mind.

Hope that helps.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mstodola wrote:
You need to share the answer to this problem.

If someone says they have a problem with their Pa4x and he the repairman cannot duplicate it, in other words the unit seems to be working perfectly for the repairman, there would be confusion in his mind.

Hope that helps.
my apologies mstodola possible crossed wires here... the repairman at korg (service department) has not physically received my PA4X so no hands on analysis has taken place with the 2nd replacement pa4x unit, only the back up file has been requested and has now been passed on to korg this week + my video showing one of the lock up episode's and a brief explanation of my actions before each one of the lock ups which have taken place on numerous occasions past and present, so I am now waiting to see (as other are with the same request from korg) if my back up file after running through there diagnostic system's of choice can replicate or not replicate my problem then depending on that out come i would think one or two options will then open up depending on the results of this analysis.... just to clarify also no explanation of the offending problems at that previous time last year was offered to me after i returned the 1st malfunctioning pa4x ....
erwinor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now... enough is enough.....

Except the freezing problem there are more....
1) While on style record mode everything gets erased.

2) mute is not always working

3) G# 3 suddenly is clicking like hell.Keep in mind that is not a key that is been used frequently because I use the first octave to play the styles.It is been used only when I play piano on the keyboard.

What is going on with this keyboard?

I am sending it back!!
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yiannis wrote:
Ok now... enough is enough.....

Except the freezing problem there are more....
1) While on style record mode everything gets erased.

2) mute is not always working

3) G# 3 suddenly is clicking like hell.Keep in mind that is not a key that is been used frequently because I use the first octave to play the styles.It is been used only when I play piano on the keyboard.

What is going on with this keyboard?

I am sending it back!!
yiannis if korg are not directly giving you any solutions or any future assurances of how they intend to fix your problem then from your piont of veiw I would be considering a replacement unit, despite this not being a remedy for myself with these on going problems at this present time and after I received my replacement PA4X last year which still has ongoing freezing issue that are being looked into, I can confirm to date one of our other PA4X members here who I would say is very competent in his understanding in areas around keyboards did successfully receive a functioning replacement PA4X and this has been without any of the problems we were both experiencing last year with our 1st PA4X arrangers, so for me unfortunately these issues are still ongoing like your self and with others according to report's on this forum, but if we consider for a moment that our fellow PA4X member with his replacement PA4X is having no problems which is working just fine for him as a busy working musician, and with this in mind this would now cause some conflict to the idea as to whether we are dealing with a software problem or a hardware problem or even both???.... but clearly you can not be expected to carry on in the circumstance you are now in which are very frustrating for you, so again if korg cannot fix this in the usual conventional ways then you need a replacement PA4X at the very minimum.....
keith-helen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think I am going mad,thats for others to comment on.
However may I make a comparison with regard to the problems many people are having.
I had an eleven year old car and received a recall letter from the manufacturers stating that I should contact my local ------ garage and have a problem fixed at no charge. This has obviously come about, in my opinion, because many people were having a problem. I would have thought that the manufacturers warranty had long since expired!!!
Well done manufacturer.

So please answer me why, after so many people are posting concerns with regard to this keyboard, the manufactuerer, i.e Korg, have not had the common courtesy to make a comment . Even if it is to say something like, we are sorry people are experiencing problems but be assured we are investigating this and will keep you informed of our progress.

Is that to much to ask.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
erwinor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video I made to show the problem...its an one month old keyboard..!!!!

https://youtu.be/ZpK0fyKWu1o

Last edited by erwinor on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith-helen slowly turning in to a public relations disaster would you not say? ....and yiannis with out wanting to patronise your good self.. hang in there if you feel to do so and push for a solution as other are also doing, so i will say "again korg" we still have a very good platform "PA4X" and we know this because many other out there with PA4X arragers would seem to be operating in good order which is the destination all those with these problem desperately want to arrive at soon..... so my rational mind is still telling me to continue and this is because I do not give up easily Korg and we would like to think you feel the same??? ........and Korg ......i will do the diplomacy for you this evening and I won't charge you my consultancy fee in the process...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: