Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songbook question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Songbook question Reply with quote

On Pa800 I was able to keep a songbook entry including info,STS etc,and change only the style....doesn't seem I can do it on Pa4x unless I do it via songbook editor.
Ok,there is the lack of Select and Next Buttons,but I cant blame that for this.Am I doing something wrong or am I right? I would like to know,cause many times we need to do songbook changes on the fly,and the songbook editor solution is not an option when you are on stage or before a gig.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korg1

This issue has been raised several times now and NO, you are not doing anything wrong.
It seems like the PA4X SONGBOOK mode has not been completed.
For example there are "check boxes" in the SB edit screen which serve no purpose at all - well maybe they do (or should I say "will") but they certainly have no affect when changed now.

As the PA4X now revolves around SONGBOOK I think it is imperative that the PA4X SONGBOOK mode is completed and fixed where there are problems.
I, like all owners now, need to fully rely on SONGBOOK and SETLIST since we no longer have PERFORMANCE mode as in previous models.
I am very happy with Korg's new approach and OS re-build but the heart of the PA4X now is SONGBOOK - we need it to work.

Like all of you - still waiting for some news.....

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow......
This seems to be Korg's experimental arranger.

Like the Oasys, they never quite finish anything. They made the Oasys legacy before they finished it. I guess they just needed another cash cow so they created the Kronos leaving all Oasys owners abandoned. It wasn't the processor, for the Oasys still has more polyphony than the Kronos and sounds just as good. That is why I will never buy a Kronos.

So now it's the Pa4x. Before it is finished and fixed they will come up with another cash cow the Pa5x and it won't work correctly and will need updates that never really fix the basic problems.

I'm not sure what the differences between the Pa1x, Pa2x, and Pa3x are. I ask, were there major upgrades between the models? The Pa4x is supposedly a complete change in the way the older units worked. I think I heard that the Pa3x wasn't totally fixed and finished when they came out with the Pa4x.

So I say again, Wow......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: