Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg IS NOT WINDOWS COMPATIBLE.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Windows 7-8 and 10 but am thinking about making the switch to Mac mini just because of the silence. That little Intel i5 box is clean. I can sit in one spot and do it all even my own solo vocals tracking everything myself.

Last edited by Kronos2ison on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="StephenKay"]
cemego wrote:

Get a mac, problem solved.

I think everyone should have 2 macs. At least.

The world of computing would be a happier place.

As the O/p might attest Wink
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone is free to choose what works best for them. Apple are scavengers, IMHO their computers aren't worth the exorbital sums of money they are asking for them. I can build a much faster Windows PC for much less than what they're asking for top of the line trashcan of a computer.

And macOS is not really that much better than W10 as far as low latency performance is concerned. Differences that used to exist in the 90s have been long gone now.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
I think everyone is free to choose what works best for them. Apple are scavengers, IMHO their computers aren't worth the exorbital sums of money they are asking for them. I can build a much faster Windows PC for much less than what they're asking for top of the line trashcan of a computer.

And macOS is not really that much better than W10 as far as low latency performance is concerned. Differences that used to exist in the 90s have been long gone now.

how much is your stock price ? Wink
cemego

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha. dammit i said topic closed!! Razz

I knew this would deteriorate into one of them stupid apple vs windows arguments that NOBODY has won since the 90's...

JUST STOP, PEOPLE, STOP. HAHAHA

I found a used Samson Graphite 49 very very cheap (cheaper than a brand new korg microkey 37).

Now I got everything I had with the microkey37 plus big normal keys, more keys, and a whole gaggle of sliders pads knobs zones etc to noodle with.

Here's the best part, plugged it in USB to the windows 10 system and it jumped right into Ableton. No uncertified drivers required. Windows 10 and Ableton knew exactly what it was and what to do with it.

No B.S. uncertified Korg usb/midi drivers necessary.

So, BIG F.U. to Korg Windows driver development!

So this story has a happy ending, I guess. Lesson here is to NOT PLUG ANY KORG HARDWARE INTO A WINDOWS 10 SYSTEM UNTIL THEY DEVELOP AND FULLY TEST A WINDOWS COMPLIANT DRIVER.

And remember! A release of a Korg 2.0 version or anniversary edition of their hardware, means they will render your non 2.0 non anniversary edition completely broken and worthless. You see a Korg device you like and use, and they re-release it with them awful red and black keys or a 2.0 "air" version, you may want to NOT update anything from Korg. It's their little gift to themselves to break your device so you have to get their new one.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Any IT professional would recognise why Mac is more suited for making music then a Windows computer... thats because the kernel of OSX is build for realtime processing...

Aaaaaand that is patently false. Windows can do RT processing just as well. W10 is great for music, latency is low, and backwards compatibility is so much better than on a Mac. Smile

To my knowledge Windows simulates real time processing... Apps can not make directly request CPU time.. Windows is allways hovering as a layer between it
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that is really not a problem for general computing in the grand scale of things, or even for audio processing because ASIO exists and talks directly to the hardware, and it's possible to set processes to run with "time critical" priority, which is near-RT.

If one really needs hard RT Windows (which for regular users is really not necessary, this is more needed for some embedded systems, industry, etc.) there's this: http://www.intervalzero.com/
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cemego wrote:
hahaha. dammit i said topic closed!! Razz

I knew this would deteriorate into one of them stupid apple vs windows arguments that NOBODY has won since the 90's...

JUST STOP, PEOPLE, STOP. HAHAHA

I found a used Samson Graphite 49 very very cheap (cheaper than a brand new korg microkey 37).

Now I got everything I had with the microkey37 plus big normal keys, more keys, and a whole gaggle of sliders pads knobs zones etc to noodle with.

Here's the best part, plugged it in USB to the windows 10 system and it jumped right into Ableton. No uncertified drivers required. Windows 10 and Ableton knew exactly what it was and what to do with it.

No B.S. uncertified Korg usb/midi drivers necessary.

So this story has a happy ending, I guess. Lesson here is to NOT PLUG ANY KORG HARDWARE INTO A WINDOWS 10 SYSTEM UNTIL THEY DEVELOP AND FULLY TEST A WINDOWS COMPLIANT DRIVER.

And remember! A release of a Korg 2.0 version or anniversary edition of their hardware, means they will render your non 2.0 non anniversary edition completely broken and worthless. You see a Korg device you like and use, and they re-release it with them awful red and black keys or a 2.0 "air" version, you may want to NOT update anything from Korg. It's their little gift to themselves to break your device so you have to get their new one.

I'm using Korg a Microkey Air both with Windows 7 Pro/64 and with my iPad.
ZERO driver problems here. It's the by far best lightweight solution I ever had:
You can carry it anywhere (including garden or travel), usb or battery driven, wired or bluetooth connected, and just begin playing.

The main reason to buy such an easy to carry keyboard with smaller keys obviously is maximum portability. A Samson Graphite 49 has more than three times the weight of a Microkey Air 49 and more than four times the weight of your original choice (Air 37), it weighs 4,6 kg (Air37: 1kg, Air 49: 1,4 kg).

If someone wants additional controller functionality, additional keys, and doesn't care about size and weight, IMO he should have bought a completely other keyboard in the first place, instead of complaining about his own silly choice with ridiculous rants.

Last edited by jimknopf on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cemego wrote:

I'm glad you resolved your issue. Can I presume we won't have to put up with any more of your inane ranting? Jolly good... case closed.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also glad the OP found a solution and am sorry for all the frustration this caused. However, this thread is rife with misinformation. All the Apple fans seriously need to take a step back and realize they offered no solution whatsoever. There are also plenty of threads even on this forum about problems with Apple USB connections.

The OP's idea that his driver fried his hardware is equally ridiculous. Especially for an IT professional. Also, whether a driver is signed by Microsoft (until recently a costly and sometimes slow process) has nothing to do with whether it's truly "Windows Compatible". In short, it would be dumb if anyone was turned off Korg hardware by this story, although it is of course a shame that the Microkey stopped working after five years.
cemego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly all you experts do not know how to read.

I DID NOT HAVE A MICROKEY "AIR" OR A MICROKEY "2".

It was a first generation Microkey 37 from 2012.

I would feel more offended by the subtle and not so subtle insults if any of you people actually absorbed or understood anything you read.

Clearly you do not.

And thank you for a few who actually helped with this issue. I learned a little but not enough to save this device.

AND YES... a 5 year life expectancy on a Microkey 37 is rather pathetic. It IS amazingly light and portable but clearly the quality is s**t.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> So, BIG F.U. to Korg Windows driver development!

So you go a Korg forum and say this and think you put something positive forward?

Glad you solved your issue.
cemego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
The OP's idea that his driver fried his hardware is equally ridiculous. Especially for an IT professional.

Then why was the 2012 Microkey(I)37 working fine in xp, vista, 7 and 10... then when I install the latest Korg USB/windows 10 driver, immediately the power light shut off for the first time since 2012 never to turn on again?

Seems pretty obvious.

And I love how people complain about my postings yet continue to post. This has been nothing but a passive aggressive personal insult machine and a chance for people to brag about their possessions under a dotted line. Not once did I call anyone names or insult their intelligence. I have been called names, my intelligence has been insulted, and my comments ridiculed. So typical. HAHA! You gotta love that Internet! (There were a few comments that were helpful. The rest was Internet troll ridicule and judgment).

----------
A blue 14 year old Cat, a 1 bed room apartment, and lots of gadgets. Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car always worked fine. Yesterday I hit a speedbump and now it won't start. Seems pretty obvious...

Seriously, as an IT professional you must realize how EXTREMELY unlikely it is that a driver would fry your board. Do you know what a driver does? It's a shame your board broke down but it's far more likely that after five years a capacitor simply gave out when you plugged it in. There would be a pretty big outcry from all original Microkey owners if simply installing it on a Win10 system broke it.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
My car always worked fine. Yesterday I hit a speedbump and now it won't start. Seems pretty obvious...

It was the Drivers Fault?

Sorry, i just could'nt stop myself
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: