Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointed in PA4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobeld
Again thanks for replying...It was a very interesting reading about your life Gigging around the place.
I notice you play mostly Midi Files on your gigs..I have to play styles "live" instead of midi files... To get that "my music feeling" Everyone to their own.
I use to play lead guitar to backing tracks years ago but never felt comfortable.
You have a great range of songs to your gigs...
By the way Thanks for posting the settings..You are very kind...
I have just put the PA4x away after practising for 2 hours..So will try settings tomorrow night....
Enjoy the rest of your weekend..
Kind regards
Ronnie
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tweaked those settings a little bit, but basically use something very similar in my sit-down, 5-night-a-week job. Sometimes in other venues I have to adjust a little.
The PA4X out of the box is not very lively, but the e.q. and MAXX make it shine.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobeld@aol.com wrote:
Shadowhankron,

I found the settings I used. They are from member Jonyblues on Monday July 25, 2016.

He posted them here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1fD9_7S1ptNaUdTcWFfR09IQTQ

There are 4 screen shots of how to fine tune MAXX settings.

Enjoy
Bob Eldridge

Will try them... tough we should also keep in mind that these settings are also dependent on your speakersystem/headset and the room you are in..
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
I tweaked those settings a little bit, but basically use something very similar in my sit-down, 5-night-a-week job. Sometimes in other venues I have to adjust a little.
The PA4X out of the box is not very lively, but the e.q. and MAXX make it shine.

Hi Don, I would be interested to see your tweaks, you have a great sound.

Regards,

Martin
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
liongold

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Bobeld on this one. I find using my own midis and playing and singing live on top of them makes my songs more vibrant and realistic. I do love the 4x styles but I find some instrumentation needs a little tweaking. Bob, thanks for the maxx settings. I added that one to my list, definitely. Got any more?? Playing over preset midis only drawback is that once the song is set...it's set. But I think the trade off is worth it.
Thanks,
Liongold Cool
Sahar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: yamaha vs korg Reply with quote

I owned Yamaha psr 2000 and then psr 3000 for long time and then I bought korg pa800 and now pa3x- but I still have my psr3000 which is not get used very much.
everyone's taste and use is deferent and im not saying which is best and which one is bad but,,,
its like MAC and Windows ,
Korg is like Mac system and Yamaha is like windows,
Mac is not easy to get to used to compared to windows but once u use mac u will not likely use windows again.
the other example is like BMW and Civic ,
BMW is expensive and not as reliable as Civic but once u drive a bmw the civic feels like a wheelbarrow Wink

its just my thought so don't get angry Smile
Cheeeers.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sahar wrote:
I owned Yamaha psr 2000 and then psr 3000 for long time and then I bought korg pa800 and now pa3x- but I still have my psr3000 which is not get used very much.
everyone's taste and use is deferent and im not saying which is best and which one is bad but,,,
Mac is not easy to get to used to compared to windows but once u use mac u will not likely use windows again.
the other example is like BMW and Civic ,
BMW is expensive and not as reliable as Civic but once u drive a bmw the civic feels like a wheelbarrow Wink

Love your analogies.... Wink Dancing Dancing
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: yamaha vs korg Reply with quote

Sahar wrote:

Wink
I like that comparison... Very Happy
I think just the opposite, based on my personal experiences, I used Yamaha and Korg.
For me Korg (the OS) is like Windows (less reliable) and Yamaha like Mac (more reliable OS.).... Very Happy
Stilli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two desktop PC's, one for my Music Studio and one for my Office, I also have a Windows Laptop that I use for my live gigs. They all use Windows 10 (moved up from 7 last year) and I don't have issues with them at all.

About two years ago I bought a Macbook Pro to replace my Windows Backup Laptop with the intention of using it for the live work eventually once I had it sorted the way I work. I wish I'd never bought it and stuck with Windows, it's hard work and not a bit intuitive.

Apple has had it as far as I'm concerned, I may have got to like it and eventually changed all my machines over but now they are coming out with no CD drive, no headphone socket, no USB or Firewire, tiny hard drives and not easily upgradable for most people. They are just expensive toys nowadays.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
I have two desktop PC's, one for my Music Studio and one for my Office, I also have a Windows Laptop that I use for my live gigs. They all use Windows 10 (moved up from 7 last year) and I don't have issues with them at all.

About two years ago I bought a Macbook Pro to replace my Windows Backup Laptop with the intention of using it for the live work eventually once I had it sorted the way I work. I wish I'd never bought it and stuck with Windows, it's hard work and not a bit intuitive.

Apple has had it as far as I'm concerned, I may have got to like it and eventually changed all my machines over but now they are coming out with no CD drive, no headphone socket, no USB or Firewire, tiny hard drives and not easily upgradable for most people. They are just expensive toys nowadays.

Mac OSX is much easier to understand when you see its not windows but something far more flexible and innovative...
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie regarding the sound issues you have posted about you said your running the Pa4x via the Yamaha's sound system. As someone else mentioned that's not the best way of hearing the Pa4x as the Yamaha will color the sound probably to a fair degree plus you might have no real control on input signal gain ? Which could result in a lifeless soundstage.

By far the best way to hear the Pa4x is via a separate system and if it is just for home use some self powered active speakers will be like night and day.
For my home use in the studio I run my Pa4x into a mixer and out to a couple of high quality studio monitors, the sound is superb and you can really hear what the instrument is capable of. For live work I have a system that will cater for hundreds if need be which would fill a medium to large hall as I do a fair bit of that kind of work. But I am currently specing a system that is easier for me to handle on smaller gigs consisting of a 2.1 system which will be active.
The onboard EQ on the Pa4x is flexible in a number of ways and when I first got the Pa4x I thought that the EQ was lame, experimentation in programming the EQ both in the studio and then honing it live reveals that it's highly functional and as most of us appreciate the time spent delving and experimenting with the Pa4x pays off
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mstodola

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the difference between Microsoft Windows and Unix. Both work. Microsoft is for those who don't want to know how computers work, and Unix for those who know how computers work.

I've owned the PSR s710 and liked it. I own the GeneralMusic SK 76 and I like it too. The Pa4x tracks better than either of the above. The styles are more realistic than either of them. It is easy to use in it's basic uses, but I think the styles are the issue. He doesn't like the styles.
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman..

Thanks for that information, I might try purchase a pair of M AUDIO speakers for the KORG PA4X.. in hope that better sound emerges in play.

regards
Ronnie
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV32.1 from M audio might work well Ronnie
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
My other complaint is not able to load styles straight from usb stick..Instead of into user slots.
Thanks for reading..Any other tips or advice would be helpful before I finally decide to exchange or "keep the PA4X "

Ronnie
Question

Hi
Bit confused about your comment.

You can load your styles into favourites user slots and organise them that way, or maybe you could organise them how you want them , and play them directly from USB stick. Not sure I know what you mean

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: