Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Fat and Powerful Synth Lead Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dv01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Looking For Fat and Powerful Synth Lead Sounds Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Korg Krome and it is a very nice keyboard to have. It offers a lot of quality sounds such as piano, synth lead sounds like Mr. Jordan Rudess has performed, etc. However I've been searching all the Programs and Combis sounds and cannot find a single synth lead for dance/remix/techno that is Powerful and Fat like those I have in my Yamaha and Roland. I am NOT trying to offend the Korg Krome like I said above. Does anyone have some suggestions how to get those sounds for my Krome?

Thanks in advance,
Shane
gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in contact with Dan Stesco, www.danstesco.ro/ he's your man for any Krome needs. I have several of his packages and they are A1. Watch his videos, he has one called Krome Wanted Leads. Lots of programs & samples to choose from and not expensive. He's very helpful too if you are looking for anything specific. I am sure he could help you out.
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
dv01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gnbutt.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will send you the samples by email and help you out with loading into your banks, he's a sound designer and quite a keyboard player too. Good luck ! Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
dv01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok great. Thanks Graydon again.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be possible to recreate the "fat" leads from the Yamaha and Roland by creating your own in the Krome, based on the parameters used in the other synths. It will be time consuming, but a good way of learning more about the machine(s), particularly the effects chains. They should all have the same or similar oscillator waveforms as starting points, and the Krome's effects are pretty good on the whole, and versatile, too.

Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would sell all your keyboards and buy a Kronos. Do yourself a flavor.
dv01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks voip and Kronos2ison for the suggestions. I know my limits. I can edit some presets to make a better combis but starting to make voices from scratch, I can't lol. I wish I can get a Kronos but still NOT answer my question though. I still hope they can come up with more presets for Trance/Dance/Techno voices though. Thanks guys
Shane
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnbutt wrote:
He will send you the samples

To my knowledge,only the Krome Cover Pack,has samples and those samples are not related to the sound quality of the synth sounds.Primarily,Dan Stesco's sound packs are merely sound edits,using the Krome's various parameters....brilliantly done of course,but just tweaked Krome sounds...nonetheless.
dv01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you highlandstudio91. However, Don gave me some hope that he said he will look into implementing some Dance packs in the future. He even told me to send him some demo of those sounds and I did. Let's hope they're coming soon.
Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: