Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg's Next Mid-Grade Workstation??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Korg's Next Mid-Grade Workstation?? Reply with quote

I have been on the fence about buying a Krome,for 5 years(& all of the past defects issues aside)...it was the Krome's lack of expand-ability,that long delayed my decision to buy a Krome.
Moreover...the M3,was once the mid-grade workstation and it had a superb expansion library for free AND it had the Radias option...whereas now,the Krome is categorized as being the mid-grade,despite lacking the aforementioned faetures of the former M3.
[/b]Don't get me wrong,as I love my Krome 73,as I think it's worth every penny of it's $1,200 price-tag...but I would have been overjoyed at paying say,$2 to $300 more for the Krome(if it had expansion options.)
Now of course....I understand fully,that Korg implements limitations on the Krome,to encourage more Kronos sales...but since the Kronos is a gargantuan workstation of epic proportions,to me...the Kronos is essentially,a computer workstation replacement and I am not interested in foregoing all of my existing computer software(of which I have a invested the sum of about $2,000.)
The deal breaker for me with the Kronos,is that there is no flash memory,I don't need the sampling,I don't need the audio recording and honestly...the Kronos is way too deep of a workstation,for me to spend nearly all of my time,staring at a horizontally positioned,8" display(when I have an $89 32" TV to do my major DAW work on.)
What I want more than anything,is basically an upgraded version of a Krome,that has at least 2GB of expansion in a flash memory format and the on-board ability to render WAV audio tracks for export,via a USB stick.
Considering what a monster the Kronos is,if Korg were to make such a version of the Krome in the future,I don't think it would hurt the sales of the Kronos much,if at all.
I really think,that if Korg made such a mid-level keyboard workstation that I spoke of,it would absolutely dominate the mid-level market and set a precedent that the competition couldn't and/or wouldn't touch.

I was wondering what you all think....what are your thoughts? Think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: