Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA series PC Editor alternative

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlogical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Korg PA series PC Editor alternative Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am looking for 2 softwares:

1. PA Series PC editor that I can edit, copy, paste all of my sets, sounds, styles, controls via the PC rather than via the arranger itself.
I have a PA500 ORT that I would like to copy all of it's sounds and styles to my new PA4x Oriental and I don't know how to do so through the arranger.

2. create samples, sounds, and styles for my new PA4x Oriental, convert them to the correct format, and then install into my 4xOriental.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner you realise that there don't exist such softwares,the sooner you will have your set ready....I'm just about to set my setup converted from pa800 plus everything new,totally over 1750songbook entries,full USER and DIRECT banks loaded,and I have to say after spending so much time that this is a hard way,especially when you want to re-arrange styles by type,bpm etc....
I know I didn't had to do that,but I think it's time to leave songbook,since in every Pa model upgrade,it seems that the newer are not back-compatible as used to be.Therefore, I prefer fron now on to categorize my styles not only by type,but by Bpm of the same genre as well,so I can perform a non-stop gig even without songbook and without searching around all those entries.

The only software that can help somehow would be Pamanger,but I don't now if it capable of doing many things.Especially if you plan to remap new sounds,Performances,or moving styles to other locations,or even worst moving sounds around.
It would be a saver a software that could do that....oh God I miss the guy who builded Lelliby for TRiton users....It was the best Librarian for Korg models by far

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
mlogical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why Korg would charge $4000 for a machine that is very limited, not user friendly, and lacks software to help manage the PA SETs.

Explain to me how Music Gear, Ayoub, and Hanoi are all creating and organizing sets without using software?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlogical wrote:
I don't understand why Korg would charge $4000 for a machine that is very limited, not user friendly,

Sorry, but I have to ask if you've actually played it much yet or taken time to learn about it?

I do not mean that rudely - but this keyboard is NOT for the light-hearted players who just want to buy. switch on, not have to read the manual and sing along in the lounge.
It is an arranger with many deep features and workstation functions.
Actually you can just open the box, power on and play but it soon becomes apparent that you need to understand it - like any keyboard in that category (Kronos, Montage etc...etc..)
The Korg PA4X manual is over 1000 pages - definitely NOT a "limited" keyboard

I do agree that a PC/Mac editor would be nice but that has been requested for many years now so I am not too hopeful.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete +1

Keyboards haven't been limited for quite a while. One can usually do 90%+ more with a keyboard than we actually do with them. This keyboard is actually easy to use and follows really well in it's basic state (which is what an arranger is about). The Songbook makes it easy to save changes if you like doing things in the macro way. Or you can change the sound very specifically if desired and ..... you can even save them to the factory sound positions if desired. You can do the same to the factory styles. Like the Kurzweil PC3 or the K2000, which people don't like because they are so complicated (which makes them able to create so many wonderful sounds) is the reason why people like me like these keyboards. They are so configurable but not for the lite at heart.

Wow, it's almost as easy to create backup tracks on the Pa4x as Band in a Box.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wow, it's almost as easy to create backup tracks on the Pa4x as Band in a Box.

+1

I was recently challenged (and succeeded) to make a full song backing track for a locally produced movie.
We (the singer & I) took a style which was "close" to the feel we wanted.
Then we went mad with on board editing changing sounds, drum groove etc..etc.. all on board - no PC!!!
I was amazed at how "easy" it was to get around this and make changes - yes there are some little "gotchas" but they were always resolvable.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the KORG company wants to produce app editor for Windows or Mac, for a simple reason because, does not want to expose algorithms! That's a secret, so that any software can read essence of the protocols of Pa series!
At this time, there is no smarter keyboards or mac/windows software, better than Pa4x or previous models from Pa series!
It is just my opinion and I understand KORG perfectly.

Regards
Daniel_AD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: